Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds like a great way to be completely exhausted and miserable by the time you get to the new movie.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's nothing like watching a new movie after watching 18 other movies

back in the day we did a full day star wars marathon. that was kind of brutal and we were in the comfort of our own home

mintzilla

Nov 6, 2017
Canada
Can you bring your own food and drinks or do you have to buy the overpriced theatre food?

If one could bring a backpack of food and drinks it would be cool, or maybe just skip thor movies and dr strange and get some grub elsewhere.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Nope.

I did the 7 movie Star Wars marathon before The Force Awakens & it was actually a living hell by the end. I was so incredibly exhausted by the time The Force Awakens started and that was after sleeping through half of Episode 2 & most of Episode 4. Fucking brightness of Hoth in Episode 5 woke me up real quick.

Also, the theatre fucking smelt horrible by the time The Force Awakens started. You got 100+ people in a small condensed area for around 15+ hours or so....its going to start to smell. Leaving the theatre and walking back in was disgusting. I could never imagine doing 31 hours. Not to mention all the popcorn, sugar, & fountain drinks you'd be taking in just to both stay awake & make it to Infinity War. No thanks, I don't have it in me to do something like that again.

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Some questions I would have before attempting this.

Can you leave and come back?
Bring your own food or drink in?
Somewhere to charge your phone?
Bring a pillow and blanket?

Would be kind of cool if I had the tine and money for it.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the stories I've read about what the theaters smelled like after the A2 marathons, I'm gonna have to opt out.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
They could just show Avengers 1 and 2 before... and get the same effect.

31 hours. That would be a min of two days off work and a day long shower after

Feb 15, 2018
That... kind of sounds like absolute torture.

You mean I have to sit through Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Age of Ultron and Ant-Man on top of being stuck in a musty theater with strangers jacked up on Red Bull?

I'll stick with my plan to marathon these over the course of a month at home with friends and the better half so we can talk shit about AoU in hygienic, comfortable peace.

It's a fun idea in theory that should have never left the cutting room floor

I mean, how burnt out would you be by the actual film you want to pay to see?

BorganXI

Oct 27, 2017
WA
Just a quick bump on this. It's only being held in 2 theaters. In New York and Orlando.

They aren't showing all the movies.

Skipping Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Dark World, Ragnarok, Winter Soldier, GotG 2, and Ant-Man.

Cost is $75.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Do not go to this. My friend went for the first run before avengers came out. It was described as a terrible nightmare, surrounded by the absolute worst in nerd culture. The smell was apparently "unimaginably horrific" even after he tried to drink the memories away. Imagine scores of dead rotting corpses, but like in Ironman shirts and they won't stop talking or farting.

Last edited:

VentusGallius

Oct 25, 2017
Man when the last Die Hard movie came out a theater near by did a full marathon of all the movies. Was a packed theater and it was brutal only to have 5 be the shitty capstone to a rough night. I don't know why anyone would want to do a marathon that long in a public place its not the best of times.