Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
blown-away-gif-9.gif

Probably won't have anything even close to that here, but I'll be with you guys in spirit!

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Missed the Avengers 2 one, did the Star Wars Episode 7 one that was like 13 hours(slept through episodes 1, 2, and part of 3). Tempted if there are any theaters around me doing it, though questioning logistics of it. :p

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Damn it really all depends on the starting time, intermissions and closing hours (there's no way they are going to have it open 24-48 hours straight).
I could easily skip a few of these, hell I honestly just want to rewatch Phase 1 and call it a day until Ragnarok ( the only one I haven't seen ).

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I saw a movie marathon leading up to the 1st Avengers. Was actually a pretty fun experience with my nephews. Did fall on a guys lap trying to make it back to our seats in the dark during Hulk, but what can ya do really.

Suffering through those movies with the right people is fun.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I might give this a whirl if it's at one of my theaters that has the reclining seats, just to experience the weirdness. But the recliners are necessary for naps during Ironman 2 and thor 2.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a theater here that every year in February does a 24-hour marathon of Groundhog Day, as in, 12 consecutive showings. If you stay the full 24 hours (and they have fucking punch cards to verify you were there for every showing) you get..... 2 tickets a week for a year. They sell a fuckton of tickets to this and people are in tents and sleeping bags inside the theater. I had a friend do it at age 40 and said "never....again".

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
If I could take the time off work, I'd do it. Haven't seen most of these movies since their original releases and I've missed out everything since Civil War anyway.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
The only movies this should skip are ones without any infinity gems at all. Would be very disappointed if it didn't have cap 1. :(

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there a non-AMC theater doing this, preferably in Canada?

AP90

Dec 11, 2017
NY
So which two movies should naps be planned for???

Thinking the incredible hulk and one of the first two Thor movies. I remember seeing the Dark Knight Rises at regal some years back when they did the batman marathon on opening night for the Dark Knight Rises. I couldn't help not napping for 30min through the Dark Knight.. can't imagine a 31h marathon lol.

Deleted member 1852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming that most people will leave the theater to take naps during movies like Iron Man 2/3 to actually survive this.

Anyone who leaves to sleep during Thor 2: The Dark World should be punished by not being allowed back into the theater.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish AMC did this in the build up to Justice League.

Though I feel like doing so violates the 8th amendment somehow.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know you don't have to sit and watch every single movie you know.

It might be cool to see some films on the big screen again!

Nov 3, 2017
...as terrible and petty as it is, I kinda want IW to be bad just to see the reactions of the people who just went through 31 hours worth of movies to get to it

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
If I don't have a job by then I'd be tempted to go to this shit. I've done 10-14 hour in-theater movie marathons before (I'd get behind on releases, then spend an entire day in a theater catching up on them), this sounds like that but just taken to the next level.

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would fucking love to do this at the theater in Gaithersburg, Maryland if I could get someone to go with me. Anybody from Era wanna drive if I pay?

Alternatively, are they doing an MCU Blu-ray/4k boxset any time in the next couple of weeks?