FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Francois thinks Tommy is the greatest guitarist alive. Not fucking kidding.
One of the top three guitarists, mot that it makes it any less strange. Edit: Oh we says Tommy is his favourite guitarist, lol.

He also says that Tommy Tallarico is a role model and idol of his, despite also saying he doesn't like people who brag and show off in one of his many religious posts.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
One of the top three guitarists, mot that it makes it any less strange. Edit: Oh we says Tommy is his favourite guitarist, lol.

He also says that Tommy Tallarico is a role model and idol of his, despite also saying he doesn't like people who brag and show off in one of his many religious posts.

yeah Jeffrey Dahmer energy, deranged

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm weird I've marathoned the pat and ian playlist of all amico related discussion.

I gotta say -- this may be going a bit far, I dunno, but tommy really reminds me of trump. The constant laziness and not having facts straight (or, really, lying), the constant bullying of others and then playing the victim, even some of the same "this guy works for me is the most important guy ever!" followed by "I don't know that guy, he was never a full employee". All of this on top of an operation that seems to be a farce in terms of its efficacy and competence.

Also just all of this thuggery and bullying and directing an asshole mob on people -- on top of a company that they claim is all about family values and family friendliness.

The parallels are so many I'm surprised no one's been saying it.

(to be clear, as far as I know tommy isn't guilty of some of trump's worse behavior and actions, so it's not fair to say he's as bad as trump, I'm just saying I can't help but notice some similarities)

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Because I'm weird I've marathoned the pat and ian playlist of all amico related discussion.

I gotta say -- this may be going a bit far, I dunno, but tommy really reminds me of trump. The constant laziness and not having facts straight (or, really, lying), the constant bullying of others and then playing the victim, even some of the same "this guy works for me is the most important guy ever!" followed by "I don't know that guy, he was never a full employee". All of this on top of an operation that seems to be a farce in terms of its efficacy and competence.

Also just all of this thuggery and bullying and directing an asshole mob on people -- on top of a company that they claim is all about family values and family friendliness.

The parallels are so many I'm surprised no one's been saying it.

(to be clear, as far as I know tommy isn't guilty of some of trump's worse behavior and actions, so it's not fair to say he's as bad as trump, I'm just saying I can't help but notice some similarities)
I mean, he's DEFINITELY a Trump fan. But as for people not realizing/saying it, you really overestimate the same public that passively enabled the Trump regime to rise to power in the first place and continues to dismiss every legitimate concern.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Tommy is the Trump of video games. The amount of similarities are crazy, you would think he studies and purposely acts like him.

Disclaimer: Obviously just talking about the way he acts and treats people, not the more extreme stuff.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
It is called narcissistic personality disorder.
If someone wants to describe it without the name Trump.

That he believes that communists want to hunt him down is another story.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm still dubious that the Amico actually uses NFTs.

It's way more likely that Tommy was talking out his ass. Just complete overkill for what they're using it for and they haven't shown the technical aptitude necessary to get it working.

Actually, heck, they're probably doing it.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
I would wager that they don't actually implement NFT only because of the track record is how rock stupid Tommy is

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I still think the whole NFT thing is because Tommy confused NFC with NFT and is too proud/stubborn to correct himself.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Of all the Amico nonsense, I'm actually most interested in how their backend/store stuff will actually work. I have a feeling it'll be a pretty fun day the day the details come out.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Of all the Amico nonsense, I'm actually most interested in how their backend/store stuff will actually work. I have a feeling it'll be a pretty fun day the day the details come out.

you buy games via cellphone sms. totally revolutionary and contemporary, just like all of Tommy`s ideas

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
I still think the whole NFT thing is because Tommy confused NFC with NFT and is too proud/stubborn to correct himself.

He initially denied promising NFT in the now dead Atari Age thread and someone showed him he did and tried to give him an out asking if he meant NFC. Then he went in on the NFT stuff, mentioned it in that video where they show off the physical product.

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
As detailed in this same thread Tommy believes in some of the same entitled woo Trump does.
In addition to obvious NPD, they're both fans of "The Power Of Positive Thinking." There's a link to THE SECRET on this web page, it's an easy read because it's just a bunch of self-help style quotes. https://amicogames.com/tagged/positive thinking

Amazing. I hear our boy Molyneux is milking that insane cash cow too.
What is it with these 1990s has-beens? Why do people keep enabling them? They aren't THAT charming.

Proud/stubborn for sure, but don't forget stupid.

He initially denied promising NFT in the now dead Atari Age thread and someone showed him he did and tried to give him an out asking if he meant NFC. Then he went in on the NFT stuff, mentioned it in that video where they show off the physical product.
amicogames.com

Amico Games For You

Unofficial commentary about the Intellivision Amico. Not affiliated with any of those people....
2774f9e3e019ece99750cfbd4e44722c9ee452ab.png

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Tommy likes sharing thoughts of people who have played Amico, so here's some from the latest issue M! Games magazine;

After several hours of hands-on, we currently still have doubts that the console can distinguish itself as the "Wii successor". […] Jerky performance of the games and the complex menu navigation […] but above all the slightly spongy control via the turntable caused us problems again and again and the movement control degenerated into wild waving. The touchscreen is suitable for simple entries [...] in hectic titles [...] it is anything but intuitive and takes a long time to get used to it. We are also still skeptical about the announced game replenishment.

M! Games hat Zweifel am „Wii-Nachfolger“ Intellivision Amico | TopFree.de

M! Games, das bekannte Videospielmagazin in Deutschland, hat nach einem mehrstündigen Hands-on Zweifel an der Videospielkonsole Intellivision Amico. Redaktions-Mitarbeiter Steffen Heller von M! Games hat die Spielekonsole Intellivision Amico unter die Lupe genommen und daraus in der Rubrik...

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Tommy likes sharing thoughts of people who have played Amico, so here's some from the latest issue M! Games magazine;

M! Games, das bekannte Videospielmagazin in Deutschland, hat nach einem mehrstündigen Hands-on Zweifel an der Videospielkonsole Intellivision Amico. Redaktions-Mitarbeiter Steffen Heller von M! Games hat die Spielekonsole Intellivision Amico unter die Lupe genommen und daraus in der Rubrik...

Sounds like Tommy has a real hit on his hands!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

who could have seen the controls being terrible?

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH
who could have seen the controls being terrible?

It's really funny how at all of their events they have someone who says "wow, the controller is great" and in these deep dive videos they make sure to talk about how great the controller is. I guess it's just the rest of the gaming world that made the mistake leaving the spinning disc behind in the 1980s

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
what's the status on this thing? did it launch?

laughing-is-good-for-the-body-GettyImages-536664974-inside.jpg

Nope.

To be fair, basically everybody else was also pushed back to next year.

Having said that, though, Amico's in a far worse position than the others. The other systems due to launch this year are at least either sitting on pallets or out in the wild with devs and reviewers.

They've said that they're "in production", but have been vague about what that actually means.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I wonder why they're allowing a few German outlets to play it and the do reviews but not other countries? Perhaps it's a condition of the German government grants they've received?

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
They're supervised sessions with Hans and a condition of receiving the government grants. They have avoided objective/critical coverage until now and it's hilarious that it's contractually required.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So what did you do if someone had the Amico on their Christmas list and they arent available? Do you say you will have to wait til next year or do you buy another brand console? I'm sure this has come up in thousands of houses. It came up in my house.

From the FB group. And people say that Era is a bubble.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I wonder why they're allowing a few German outlets to play it and the do reviews but not other countries? Perhaps it's a condition of the German government grants they've received?

I don't think so.

The President of Intellivision Europe is a former CEO of several of the biggest german gaming media outlets.
I believe he just has some friends in the business.

I don't believe there is a urgent interest from media outlets to test that thing.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
From the FB group. And people say that Era is a bubble.

Someone on AtariAge a couple of months ago said they bought their child one of the physical game bundles. Poor kid.

I don't think so.

The President of Intellivision Europe is a former CEO of several of the biggest german gaming media outlets.
I believe he just has some friends in the business.

I don't believe there is a urgent interest from media outlets to test that thing.

Yeah true, but Tommy has loads of friends in video games too, as he is so keen to remind us at literally every opportunity, yet he hasn't allowed anyone from any professional sites to go hands-on and post a review.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah true, but Tommy has loads of friends in video games too, as he is so keen to remind us at literally every opportunity, yet he hasn't allowed anyone from any professional sites to go hands-on and post a review.

Maybe he has really good friends and they told him that it would be a bad hands on report and they wouldn't publish it...
Honestly, i have absolutely no clue.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Challenge - See how far you can make it in this video.

In case there's anyone who somehow didn't make it all the way through this gem, from 8:30 to 10:00 is quality insights, such as why Shark Shark is better than modern Nintendo games like Zelda and Mario sequels. Also a moment where you can kind of see the dude kinda die inside.