FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK

Contains confirmation directly from Al of AtariAge that Tommy lied about the Amico thread being closed by mutual decision and that they both planned it out. Tommy lies an incredible amount, it's quite insane.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Amico might have a chance of succeeding if they spent more time and research making it have some, any standout features. Maybe with normal controllers, a bigger cut for developers to attract them to the platform and actual curated games instead of the failed shit from Windows Phone or baggage of old shitty Intellivision games and the name.
It also would need to be run not by an inept loser egomaniac like Tommy and exist in a world without Nintendo.

You need undeniably appealing games to sell a console. The amico has none. Not a one. It's just DOA if it ever A's.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I would've actually been interested in the Amico if it wasn't being pulled in three directions. Tommy's inner child wants it to be a throwback to his childhood, Tommy's ego wants it to be a "real console", and Tommy's wallet wants to hoover in as much money as it can while spending as little as possible on the games themselves.

Oct 27, 2017
I will say this; The first trailer for Night Stalker seemed pretty neat.

Otherwise, I've been loving all the tea and drama so damn much I think, as much as I love my PC and Series X, the Amico may be the most entertaining gaming experience of 2021.

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
I agree, the Fallout-style retro-tech look of the Night Stalker trailer looks pretty neat, and fits the "retro reborn" vibe much as the 1970s-striped title screen of Astrosmash does.

I'm not sold on what seems like repetitive, simple gameplay with busy graphics, also like Astrosmash.

What we don't know about Night Stalker (same for Cloudy Mountain) is how far along they are, since it has never been demonstrated live. Mike Mika would know if a finished game is ready to go or if the brief glimpses we have seen are just art and tech demos.

"Wouldn't it be something" if this game launched for $5 on the Nintendo eShop, with its huge potential audience, so everyone could determine the actual demand for this stuff? Because I'm seeing $12 million sunk into Amico so far but only 6,000 solid orders, making the effective cost to produce Amico $2,000 per unit.

Tommy wins again! What, what?

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
I agree, the Fallout-style retro-tech look of the Night Stalker trailer looks pretty neat, and fits the "retro reborn" vibe much as the 1970s-striped title screen of Astrosmash does.

I'm not sold on what seems like repetitive, simple gameplay with busy graphics, also like Astrosmash.

What we don't know about Night Stalker (same for Cloudy Mountain) is how far along they are, since it has never been demonstrated live. Mike Mika would know if a finished game is ready to go or if the brief glimpses we have seen are just art and tech demos.

"Wouldn't it be something" if this game launched for $5 on the Nintendo eShop, with its huge potential audience, so everyone could determine the actual demand for this stuff? Because I'm seeing $12 million sunk into Amico so far but only 6,000 solid orders, making the effective cost to produce Amico $2,000 per unit.

Tommy wins again! What, what?
Well he "wins" if he can pocket the money and disappear right?

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
His Guinness records? I think they're parked. You can look them up. Registration required, so I'm not willing to put in the effort.

It's the kind of thing you need to pay for, it's not like doing the 1970s style stunts from the old pulp Guinness books such as "Most Jumps On Pogo Stick," it's more like pay-to-play now.

I'm sure there are lots of long-serving company employees who would easily beat his "records" if anyone cared enough to spike the ball.

The fact that Tallarico touts these silly records underscores his 1970s roots, along with Intellivision, Evel Knievel and the Harlem Globetrotters.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
Amicogamer.com is the quick URL to the Facebook group if anyone wants to still follow the pathetic comments but that url seems flaky and hit or miss to me. If Tommy cheaped out on something I wouldn't be surprised

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
That amicogamer.com (not to be confused with the brilliant amicogames.com gossip/shitpost site) seems to be a blog feed of the private Facebook group. You can get a flavor of what's being discussed but you can't see names or replies. I think it is run by the Canadian shill François.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Luckily Archive.org has saved most of the AtariAge threads and posts, keeping alive classics like this;

6U56qB1.png

So many things in there just incredibly ironic considering who's saying it and what he and people associated with him have done and said.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Wy5RDID.jpg

Nice of him to say they supply all art right after loads of stolen graphics were found in their first deep dive video basically admitting it was their fault, lol.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I suppose that does explain why most of the games seem to be incongruent messes. Tommy wants to take credit for every single game on the system, so his "multi-award-winning team" supplies a few assets (or messes with it just for the sake of messing with it, like Finnegan Fox) and blammo! It's "their" game.

I can't fathom why a (non German student) dev would sign on with them. Obviously they get paid, but I don't understand how anybody who was proud of what they'd made would want Tommy and Co. to Ecce Homo their game. If it's just for the money, those aren't games that I want to play.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
I've played a few games like Shark Shark and there's generally nothing all that special about them but whatever little fun there has been has come from growing fish to huge sizes and being able to eat everything.

Which doesn't seem possible here. It seems that you're normally pretty small and size resets as you move between levels, so you're not even getting much of a sense of progress.

Also after AstroSmash playing at a smooth framerate we're back to another super-basic game that somehow doesn't. So that's two out of three games detailed so far with direct feed footage on real hardware performing poorly, and because of AstroSmash we know it's not their capture setup. Even with the rumoured target hardware it doesn't make sense for these games to be running so badly.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I can't believe this is the third video Tommy started off by immediately talking about Alverado's mustache. Find some new material, Tommy.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Cripes, one of their talking points is "we gave the other fish dead eyes. That's something we worked with the developers to get into the game."

Just struggling to find stuff to talk about. Imagine being a for-hire dev and John or whoever emails you their feedback and one of the points is "only the player fish are allowed non-dead eyes." Never mind that the puffer fish that was just on-screen also has big cartoony eyes (and later, the seahorse).

I also like the way the video includes them just dying in stupid ways. Did they lose attention? Did the controller not read an input properly? How on earth did you just swim directly at the pufferfish?

I also LOL'd at Tommy bragging about the menu resize option (which is actually a UI resize option), both because 1) That should be a standard option, and 2) I don't remember it being in either of the previous games.

My biggest takeaway once again is "who are these videos even for?" Just twenty minutes of Tommy laboriously explaining beginner gameplay mechanics that most kids would inherently get.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
love the way Tommy keeps puffing up his game design efforts throughout the video. the bigger my fish the slower my already sluggish fish moves you say? hoo boy a dev masterstroke there Tommy, really upping the fun quotient there.

Mar 31, 2018

Challenge - See how far you can make it in this video.

I have no idea who that guy is but ….uh…he invited some girl he met in Brazil to come up to his hotel room and then decided to surprise her with an impromptu video that he was planning to post online? And the video is about a game called Shark Shark for some system she's never heard of?

Not sure why I'm getting some Dahmer-esque vibes off that situation.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea who that guy is but ….uh…he invited some girl he met in Brazil to come up to his hotel room and then decided to surprise her with an impromptu video that he was planning to post online? And the video is about a game called Shark Shark for some system she's never heard of?

Not sure why I'm getting some Dahmer-esque vibes off that situation.

the part where he starts talking about how shy she is and putting the camera in her face is the point where i started audibly saying oh no oh no and closed the window

Mar 31, 2018
the part where he starts talking about how shy she is and putting the camera in her face is the point where i started audibly saying oh no oh no and closed the window

Yea…kinda weird or potentially creepy undertone going on.

Also, there are a million other things he should be doing in Brazil that don't include watching Amico videos and then recording low budget follow up commentaries.