Votes: 4 11.8%
  • February

Votes: 20 58.8%

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irminsul

Oct 25, 2017
Got my shipping notice, but it says only the label has been created so far. Apparently it's going to take until 21 November to get here (Austria)... Oh well, I've waited long enough.

It's being shipped by FedEx btw., in case other international buyers were wondering.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#91XXX - Pocket, GG adapter, case, link cable, screen protector. No shipping yet.

It's pretty galling that accessories I picked just because "why not" ended up being a blocker on my order.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
With my dock beeing included and my order beeing #101xxx I think I'm boned before next february :p

The amusing part is that I got an email telling me I had till october the 26th (on the 17th) to make any shipping changes.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I really can't see my 12XXXX Group B order in my hands this year at this rate.

mausterhunter

Feb 1, 2019
Out for delivery now. Four days to get from California to Germany, though it had been scheduled to arrive Monday.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022
Each morning I wake up disappointed...

At this rate if you ordered a game gear adapter, expect to be last regardless of order number. Why would it take this long, this is ridiculous.

Fedex will be running on veterans day btw

Last edited:

DRULYBXA

Oct 25, 2017
Order #9XXX (Q4'22) - just the Pocket itself.

Is there any prep I can do at this stage for the SD card / cores or do I have to wait until I have the console?

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Order #9XXX (Q4'22) - just the Pocket itself.

Is there any prep I can do at this stage for the SD card / cores or do I have to wait until I have the console?
Can not say if the cores needs to be after or can already be done, but you can format a sd card and place the firmware files on it at least.

LordHuffnPuff

Doctor Videogames at Allfather Productions
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
webernet
So here's a query.

The NeoGeo Pocket Collections are on Switch. I like old games, I have a switch, it's cool to have them all in one place. Normally I'd just buy the game collection on Switch.

But! As it turns out, the Steam release of the collection just has the unencrypted rom files sitting in a directory. Nice! I could buy it on steam and run those files on my Analogue Pocket.

So... which is better? How is the emulation in the Switch collection? I can't decide where to buy these things because my first instinct is always "buy the actual cartridges" but with the prices on them... no thank you!

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So here's a query.

The NeoGeo Pocket Collections are on Switch. I like old games, I have a switch, it's cool to have them all in one place. Normally I'd just buy the game collection on Switch.

But! As it turns out, the Steam release of the collection just has the unencrypted rom files sitting in a directory. Nice! I could buy it on steam and run those files on my Analogue Pocket.

So... which is better? How is the emulation in the Switch collection? I can't decide where to buy these things because my first instinct is always "buy the actual cartridges" but with the prices on them... no thank you!

We don't have the NGPC core yet, but you can be sure that when we do it will look better there than anywhere else. Assuming video filters work on fpga cores by then.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Right, but when it does the core is going to be an official release, not a third-party dev like many other cores discussed here?
probably, but not 100% guaranteed

the openFPGA versions of the official analogue cores were released by a "random" github account called spiritualized1997
its probably safe to assume the same will happen with ngpc, but it's not promised by the company officially

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
Some orders with GG adapter and case seem to be going out 👀

Come on 103XXX you can do it 🤞🤞

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
woah

My next cores for openFPGA are Super Gameboy, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Intellivision, Colecovision, Magnavox Odyssey 2, Mega Duck, GameKing, Gamate, Watara Supervision, Fairchild Channel F, Arcadia 2001, Entex Adventure Vision, VTech CreatiVision, RCA Studio II, VideoBrain Family Computer. Hope you guys enjoy.
You can download them and try them out here.
https://github.com/spiritualized1997?tab=repositories

OP
OP
SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
sxv-wtf.gif

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for my pocket to even be preparing for shipment, but that super game boy core, that can also read from cart, is getting me mighty excited.
If only it was possible to find one frikking copy of adventure of lolo for game boy, my collection would be complete and ready for every pocket use case i want to try.

Feb 27, 2019
Was gonna ask if anyone on here had seen that Spiritualized drop. Seems like all the jailbreak cores from prior Analogue consoles will be making their way over to openFPGA.

Now if I could only get the shipping info for my group B Pocket!

lampeater

Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible to see, but also kinda frustrating for me waiting for a shipping notification, heh.
#92xxx, with dock, case, and screen protector.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Says on Github these were released 2 days ago!
That just means they were added 2 days ago, they were only made public today. I know this for sure because I checked their GitHub page yesterday for something else.

EDIT: Just checked Discord and they're working on adding these to the auto updaters but it may take a while.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, Spiritualized Genesis core doesn't seem to wanna work for me, but the ericlewis one ran as expected. Not sure what I am doing wrong...

UPDATE - apparently I still had old Pocket firmware that ran ericlewis core but not Spiritualized. Updated firmware, all seems good now!

Last edited:

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
My Pocket finally shipped after "processing" for 3 weeks. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow through FedEx. It also includes the dock, Game Gear adapter, hard case, and a screen protector.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Still "processing" here. I got the screen protector and the hard case with mine. Wonder if that affects how long it takes them to box stuff up?

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Big SNES core update today also.

PAL and Expansion Chips

This update is a really big one, bringing in work from the past month. See the README for more information.

Notable New Features

• Support for headered SMC ROMs
  • Support parity with MiSTer expansion chips (except for MSU). All physical chips supported by MiSTer are now supported by this core
  • Full PAL support, including SuperFX PAL titles
  • RTC support
  • CPU and SuperFX turbo support
  • Fixes for garbage lines on various games
  • Mouse support using D-Pad and analog sticks thanks to @iequalshane
Quite a lot of work was required to deliver these features, including rewriting the ROM parsing code in a custom assembly language for the Analogue Pocket's CHIP32 virtual machine. We believe this functionality is well tested, but there may be small bugs that we missed, so be on the lookout for games that don't load correctly.
github.com

Releases · agg23/openfpga-SNES

SNES for the Analogue Pocket. Contribute to agg23/openfpga-SNES development by creating an account on GitHub.