Votes: 4 11.8%
  • February

Votes: 20 58.8%

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

Oct 26, 2017
What happens if you try and access that full snes version that's on that cart?
Works how you'd expect.

20221110_144116qed5j.png

20221110_144125ksc37.png

20221110_1441512wimx.png

Man. Plugging a cart in and playing SGB on a handheld is fucking neat.

Only worth doing this with a few games imo, since you get video filters in "Play Cartridge" mode. Still cool to see.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The auto updater now grabs all the new cores.

Update Process Complete
Cores Updated:
Spiritualized.VideoBrain 1.0.0
Spiritualized.Supervision 1.0.0
Spiritualized.SuperGB 1.0.3
Spiritualized.Studio2 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Odyssey2 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Intv 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Megaduck 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Genesis 1.0.8
Spiritualized.Gameking 1.0.3
Spiritualized.Gamate 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Creativision 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Coleco 1.0.2
Spiritualized.ChannelF 1.0.0
Spiritualized.7800 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Arcadia 1.0.2
Spiritualized.Adventurevision 1.0.2
Spiritualized.2600 1.0.0

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Finally got my shipping email this morning. Black Pocket and a hard case. Order number 98XXX. Finally….

Did anyone else notice that when ordering the shipping was international priority but now it's shipping as international economy? For the $US89 I paid for shipping, that's outrageous. I wonder if they'd be made to refund some of it.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
shipment confirmation!!!!!

103XXX
White Pocket
Hard Case
Dock
GG Adapter

NEXT WEEK IS GONNA BE LIT

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
So good to see most of batch one has their shipping confirmation.

As a part of batch 2 (high 103-11x?), still on preparing.

Wonder if there's anyone who received a "your pocket is being prepared" email after Nov 1 or so? Maybe they're just focusing on these two batches now?

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I heard someone mention that SNES roms only work if they don't have a header? Is that true? I'm not sure what the thing is with headers or not, I've never run into that. Do they have headers naturally if they are from your cart?

OP
OP
SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following the project super closely but does SuperFX Turbo support mean Starfox EX should work and has anyone had any luck getting it working? Best I get is sound working but black/green screen corruption.

www.romhacking.net

Starfox: EX

"The Star Fox Team is back! But this time, their mission is to fight for their very existence!
www.youtube.com

StarFox EX Launch Trailer Official

Download the Mod from Romhacking.net here: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7285/For more information, join the discord! http://discord.gg/U4CtzqDGa5After 2 ...

Big SNES core update today also.

github.com

Releases · agg23/openfpga-SNES

SNES for the Analogue Pocket. Contribute to agg23/openfpga-SNES development by creating an account on GitHub.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been following the project super closely but does SuperFX Turbo support mean Starfox EX should work and has anyone had any luck getting it working? Best I get is sound working but black/green screen corruption.

It doesn't work currently on the Pocket. The Pocket's core is based on the Mister core and it doesn't currently work on the Mister either which naturally means it won't work on the Pocket at the moment.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
God I regret hastily ordering the Pocket and not getting the white version. It looks so bright in videos.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A lot of people seem to be under the assumption that the other Analogue consoles might get cores made by the mysterious Spiritualized but I don't think they or anyone else has ever "confirmed" that's happening, and it's all been speculation.

I'm going to assume any other Spiritualized cores will be for the planned handhelds that are getting adapters for the Pocket but haven't released yet (Lynx, NGPC, and TG-16 I believe?). And I very much doubt those will be available until the adapters gets shipped out too. So any other cores will have to be made by the community.
This keeps aging better and better hah. With the Lynx, NGPC, and TG-16 adapters being sold (and shipped?), we'll hopefully see those cores get the Spiritualized treatment soon.

Also the SNES core getting updated is very nice. At this point the only core I'm really jonesing for is a Wonderswan core...

Zim

Senior Animator at Airship Syndicate
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Austin, TX
Order #101XXX
Black Pocket, hard case and screen protector shipped.
Will arrive on Sun, CANT WAIIIIIIIT!!!

Feb 27, 2019
Order #101XXX
Black Pocket, hard case and screen protector shipped.
Will arrive on Sun, CANT WAIIIIIIIT!!!

Nice...

... but I gotta say as someone with a 92XXX order number I'm starting to get a little miffed. -_-

I give up trying to figure this out. I'm also order #101XXX and I haven't gotten any shipping notification. I've got the Pocket, Dock, and Screen Protector. Where are you all located? I'm in the US.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm still waiting on my order and it's a ways out… however I️ have a question. Is the battery removable? Is it a relatively common model of rechargeable

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Getting 17 new console and handheld cores at once is a bit overwhelming. With previous core releases, I usually spent at least 2-4 hours going through games, and sorting decent ones into genre folders. But... 2-4 hours x 17 = 34-68 hours. Granted, some of these cores only have a hand full of games, so it won't take that long.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhhh, by the way. Looking through video options for the SNES core, the width and height are set to 512 and 224.

"width": 512,
"height": 224,

This is probably why the screenshots are stretched.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Anyone try the Atari 2600 and Colecovision cores yet? Do they work?

agg32 mentioned this on Twitter when someone was complaining the genesis core wasn't loading their rom with a .gen file extension.
I'm unsure if the file types are different, but you can try editing the data.json file with the core to include gen in the extensions array for the main data slot.

So, the data.json in the core's directory lists out what files and file types the core accepts, and extensions is a list of file extensions accepted by the core.

However...

Looking at the data.json for Colecovision and Atari 2600, the extension list for cartridges is blank. Nothing is listed there.

So, I'm curious whether these cores are actually working? Or if their data.json needs to be edited to include .a26 and .col to their extension list.

EDIT: Nevermind, both Atari 2600 and Colecovision should work fine. There are some adhoc things going on because specific games have different file extensions.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
No notification on my end... Black Pocket, Dock, Cable, Screen Protector, and Charger. Order number is 10XXXX, so I'm hoping I get an update this weekend or next week.

RetroRunner

Dec 6, 2020
Finally got mine, but Jesus Christ it can't read any of my cartridges, busted out the 99% Isopropyl alcohol and still can't read them. I've even tried my 1 year old flash cart and nothing. What a disapointment

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Anyone try the Atari 2600 and Colecovision cores yet? Do they work?

agg32 mentioned this on Twitter when someone was complaining the genesis core wasn't loading their rom with a .gen file extension.

So, the data.json in the core's directory lists out what files and file types the core accepts, and extensions is a list of file extensions accepted by the core.

However...

Looking at the data.json for Colecovision and Atari 2600, the extension list for cartridges is blank. Nothing is listed there.

So, I'm curious whether these cores are actually working? Or if their data.json needs to be edited to include .a26 and .col to their extension list.

EDIT: Nevermind, both Atari 2600 and Colecovision should work fine. There are some adhoc things going on because specific games have different file extensions.

i can confirm 2600 works just fine. both 7800 and 2600 have given me no issues, as ive played about a dozen games each on them this evening. it's important to make sure the files extensions match what the readme's say. I was fighting with the intellivision core all day until i realized i had the wrong extensions too.

Last edited: