• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Don't underestimate Animal Crossing's legs, dude
Animal crossing:
VainPossibleAmurratsnake-max-1mb.gif

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I know AC would of done insanely well no matter what, but I wonder if the No School and quarantine helped skyrocket sales further.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Every AC game reminds me there are a ton of people that really really like AC. Every time I'm like 'wow look at that! I should go check that game out if it's so popular'. *Goes and watches reviews and impressions* Then I think 'yep still looks about as fun as watching paint dry.' the funny thing is most reviewers I saw agree. I should probably just chalk it up to being for a very different demographic than me.

Now can you make Splatoon 3 please???

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I usually have like 2-4 Switch friends online at once, all playing different games.

Lately, I've had 10-12 online at once, all playing AC. its nuts.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every AC game reminds me there are a ton of people that really really like AC. Every time I'm like 'wow look at that! I should go check that game out if it's so popular'. *Goes and watches reviews and impressions* Then I think 'yep still looks about as fun as watching paint dry.' the funny thing is most reviewers I saw agree. I should probably just chalk it up to being for a very different demographic than me.

Its just a difference in taste is all. I'm a 25 year old male and I like customizing stuff in my town even if theres no end goal and doing repetitive tasks. I also am playing Doom Eternal in between animal crossing sessions. Everyones different.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

The Splatoon and AC teams barely overlap. It's like 30 people at the most.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
You know Japan has great taste when the best selling games are Animal Crossing and Pokémon.

NSESN

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats for the first big Nintendo game directed by a woman. This is great news.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, it sold 1.8m in just Japan?!

Jan 19, 2018
Its just a difference in taste is all. I'm a 25 year old male and I like customizing stuff in my town even if theres no end goal and doing repetitive tasks. I also am playing Doom Eternal in between animal crossing sessions. Everyones different.

Yep, I'm like that too. I prefer action and driving games, but when I need something slower, AC is one of those games that is just fun to play. Personally, I'm a big fan of fishing and bug hunting.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017

I have been playing AC non stop the ast few days, I think its more addictive than fun, but I still love it lol.

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
I feel alone in the world not understanding AC hype. I tried 3DS version and could not bring myself to understand why I would live a boring alternative life outside my own one..

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I feel alone in the world not understanding AC hype. I tried 3DS version and could not bring myself to understand why I would live a boring alternative life outside my own one..

You're not alone, I don't understand the appeal at all either.

Like, it's clearly extremely charming but it's not the type of game I really enjoy.