• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. My ISP blocks the kind of service this game requires. Nintendo emailed me back that my error code is caused by the way my things are set up and that runs through a collegium ISP thingy that hides IP addresses behind other addresses and shit.

Now I don't feel like playing this game...

Does your router support VPNs by chance? It might be a way to circumvent the issue, though I don't know how well Switch plays with VPNs.

Nov 13, 2017
Museum opened up! It's beautiful.

Is there a fast way to farm those iron nuggets? It's taking me forever to get them from the few rocks on my island.

Cutty

Oct 31, 2017
Do villagers still give tasks in this? Do their personalities actually open up as you progress?

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So how do I get specific villagers? There's a couple I've seen online I'd really like to get.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
God it was satisfying giving Blathers an entire upgraded inventory full of donations for the museum this morning... took me a half hour to get through it all.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh why is placing items just as annoying as old animal crossing games.

All they need to do is apply the same logic as they did for placing tents to objects so I don't have to keep on picking them up (or worse with flowers waiting for them to come out) before I pick them up and re-place where I want.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
The way in the video isn't as efficient as digging one hole in the corner like in the video and the other hole at another corner to create a 45 degree angle. The setup in the video can cause you to slip out from the rock after a few hits. This way you literally just hit the button until you get 9 things.

The Video
OXX
OOO
OOO

Easier Method
OXO
XOO
OOO
I've been doing it like this every day, on so many rocks, and I've never "slipped out." Do you have a picture showing me what you mean, or why it's more efficient? You're telling me that I can get 9 things per rock this way? I've never received more than eight.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is my first Animal Crossing game, and I must say that I am really enjoying it! I typically play fast paced shooters/action games so this is a very nice change of pace for me :)

What makes it even more special is that I am playing with my 4 year old son. This morning we woke up to find blathers moved in, and the construction on his house completed. Also our flowers are blooming and my sons special order denim hat arrived in the mail :D

I did not think I would enjoy the real time progress, but it's actually very nice and makes everything feel more special.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Completely hooked on this game. Quick question about online multiplayer. What can "best friends" do to your island. Can they cut down your trees and dig up your flowers for instance? I want to invite my friends, but I can't guarantee that they won't trash the place. Can you set certain limitations?

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
The museum is beautiful! The whole game is so damn pretty.

This'll be my first time trying the turnip market. Never bothered with it in NL since i did the bug catching thing instead to get rich.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Oh and also is it possible to have friends steal your villagers? I have Punchy who i want to give to someone but i dunno if it's possible.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Omg the stalk market is mimicking real life. Turnip prices in my town were 106 yesterday. Today 54 bells. unbelievable 😂

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I wouldn't have expecteed the nook mile islands are so samey ...

Those ones are the common islands. There's a couple rare ones out there.

Tarantula Island - Center is filled with 5+ re-spawning tarantula's
Non-native Fruit Island - Every tree is filled with non-native fruit
Money Island - Mountain with a moat around money rocks
Emperor Butterfly Island - Island filled with re-spawning Emperor Butterflys.

maybe more out there that I haven't seen yet

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Problem is with multi-donations you don't get Blathers' fun little commentary. I actually immediately closed the game and reopened to redonate when I realised this.
You can get the explanations anytime they are in your inventory though, just make sure you do it before you submit them for donation. But even if you accidentally donate first, if you get another he'll still explain it if you ask.

Larrikin

Oct 25, 2017
Those ones are the common islands. There's a couple rare ones out there.

Tarantula Island - Center is filled with 5+ re-spawning tarantula's
Non-native Fruit Island - Every tree is filled with non-native fruit
Money Island - Mountain with a moat around money rocks
Emperor Butterfly Island - Island filled with re-spawning Emperor Butterflys.

maybe more out there that I haven't seen yet
I found one today. Trash Island. All fishing turns up trash. Not a single fish.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Someone living in the southern hemisphere? I want to visit some island there to catch some fish.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So is there no option to craft multiple OR craft from storage? Because that makes crafting incredibly tedious...

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Timmy and Tommy are buying Turnips on my Island for 124 Bells a pop. Gonna wait a bit to see the PM price. I bought mine for 90, so I'm hoping to at least double up, so looking for 180 or more. Basically playing the waiting game.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
I've been doing it like this every day, on so many rocks, and I've never "slipped out." Do you have a picture showing me what you mean, or why it's more efficient? You're telling me that I can get 9 things per rock this way? I've never received more than eight.

I mean i made the chart which shows the idea because i don't have an image at hand. Basically you sit in the crook of the v there and you don't move at all. If you're slightly off center you'll start to slide one way or the other. I've missed out on stuff because i just slipped out of line. I miscounted i meant 8 things.

Rozart

Oct 28, 2017
Can you upgrade your villagers' tents to houses? I'm making new housing lots for the three new villagers but what about my starting villagers? Are they doomed to live the rest of their days in a tent?

Don't know why people slept on this post, your designs are lovely!!!

Aw, thank you! <3 I really shouldn't be encouraged. I'd spend the whole day making clothing designs and nothing else haha. :P

syth

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any goods guides to bugs and fish that aren't northern hemisphere centric? The ones I've found have fleshed out northern hemisphere March, but Souther hemisphere March animal list (September) is barren :(

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
ETzFai5U0AA1dYW

Done with the turnip hussle for this week, thank you Joseki ! :)

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Gonna have to give the game a break for about two weeks. Wife is a huge AC fan but is waiting for the Coral Switch Lite to play it. Hopefully my town doesn't go too much to shit in the intervening period.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
Timmy and Tommy are buying Turnips on my Island for 124 Bells a pop. Gonna wait a bit to see the PM price. I bought mine for 90, so I'm hoping to at least double up, so looking for 180 or more. Basically playing the waiting game.

180 is extremely unlikely, basically 130-140 is already a great sale point. They seem to have nerfed the max sale price of turnips in NH a good bit.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
someone here said a fence right behind you - will they work also? I always use flimsy axe on rocks but every place I just googled said hit rocks with a shovel uhh is there a difference in them?
Sorry I'm a noob I didn't even know rocks were timed until today!

I've never tried a fence or the flimsy axe. I just use a shovel and when it dies i build a new one. Using the fencing means you'd need to carry something in an additional item slot you otherwise wouldn't need to. That's especially annoying when you're visiting an island as you want to have as much room to bring back stuff as possible.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
So I made houses for the new villagers but the original 2 still have tents. How do I get them to upgrade?

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
has anyone made a site where people share custom designs to scan/download?

EDIT: welp, lol.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Sorry to bother with more questions, but it seems like you're saying we don't need to buy a second copy of AC? She can just use my digital copy?

yes. Only limitations

- you'll each have your own islands (they're tied to the switches themselves)
- if you bought the game, she'll need ot play on a 'primary' console (so you'll have to set hers up as primary)
- this means yours will be a secondary console which means you'll have to do an online check to play games, be signed in, and only you can play on that console.

The system works ok for couples, and actually is pretty good for friends to share games. It doesn't work great for families if you have multiple people needing access on both consoles.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I'm glad you can only have ten animals on an island. It took me forever to figure out placement for just three of them. The idea of having to find space for five more is stressing me out a bit. I still wish there was an option to let the game manage that instead of requiring you to place everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.