Status
Not open for further replies.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Some more information about how the Easter event works:

The information about the event is delivered via BCAT (Background Content Asymmetric synchronized delivery and Transmission), it's a service provided by the Switch OS that downloads and updates game data in the background.

It's basically just a flag, Nintendo sets it to enabled then disable it whenever they want. They could enable the event any time of the year.

The game also checks that you have the update 1.1.1a installed before enabling the event (this update hasn't been released yet).

This means that the events won't be permanently enabled for future years, they will always require internet connection and Nintendo to enable them manually.

Also the start times differ depending on the region you set your console to.
Yay! Exclusive periods of events, so it's like Splatoon 2 Splatfests!

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017

The information about the event is delivered via BCAT (Background Content Asymmetric synchronized delivery and Transmission), it's a service provided by the Switch OS that downloads and updates game data in the background.

It's basically just a flag, Nintendo sets it to enabled then disable it whenever they want. They could enable the event any time of the year.

The game also checks that you have the update 1.1.1a installed before enabling the event (this update hasn't been released yet).

This means that the events won't be permanently enabled for future years, they will always require internet connection and Nintendo to enable them manually.

Well that part is super gross.

Found a new villager and convinced them to move in. Meet Merengue!

latest

I really like her design! It almost makes up for Rodney's ugly ass.

Also I'm pretty sure me and Cherry are officially besties now. Got a Nook Miles notification and everything.
Merengue is in my town, too! And I had her in New Leaf! She's one of my favourites.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like I need:
  • Basket Pack
  • Pan Flute
  • Bamboo-Grove Wall
  • Light Bamboo Rug
So if you happen to have any of those, I'd greatly appreciate it! And regardless, thank you for offering!

...meanwhile I'm also kicking myself a bit for not farming for young spring bamboo every day, but thankfully I think I did it enough that I should at least be able to make everything one time.
I have the pack and rug for you, just send me your code and I'll drop them off right up front. I have to step out soon so I'll be quick.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
New in April (Northern)
- Giant Water Bug
- Darner Dragonfly
- Agras Butterfly
- Common Bluebottle
- Madagascan Sunset Moth
- Atlas Moth
- Rajah Brooke's Birdwing
- Long Locust
- Jewel Beetle
- Flea

- Neon Tetra
- Guppy
- Killifish
- Snapping Turtle
- Crawfish
- Zebra Turkeyfish
- Butterfly Fish
- Sea Horse
- Clown Fish
- Surgeon Fish

animalcrossing.fandom.com

Bugs (New Horizons)

In New Horizons, the total number of bugs is 80 up from 72 in New Leaf. New bugs include the atlas moth, paper kite butterfly, Madagascan sunset moth, damselfly, blue weevil beetle, common bluebottle, earth-boring dung beetle, man-faced stink bug, and rosalia batesi beetle. Dropped bugs include...

Fish (New Horizons)

In New Horizons, the total number of fish is 80, up from 72 in New Leaf. New fish include the mahi-mahi, ranchu goldfish, snapping turtle, tilapia, betta, golden trout, rainbowfish, sturgeon, anchovy, suckerfish, and the barreleye. Dropped fish include the barbel steed, eel, and the rainbow...
I'm saving this post for future references. Wished ResetEra has a "Favorited Posts" section.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
New in April (Northern)
- Giant Water Bug
- Darner Dragonfly
- Agras Butterfly
- Common Bluebottle
- Madagascan Sunset Moth
- Atlas Moth
- Long Locust
- Jewel Beetle
- Flea

- Neon Tetra
- Guppy
- Killifish
- Snapping Turtle
- Crawfish
- Zebra Turkeyfish
- Butterfly Fish
- Sea Horse
- Clown Fish
- Surgeon Fish

Bugs (New Horizons)

In New Horizons, the total number of bugs is 80 up from 72 in New Leaf. New bugs include the atlas moth, paper kite butterfly, Madagascan sunset moth, damselfly, blue weevil beetle, common bluebottle, earth-boring dung beetle, man-faced stink bug, and rosalia batesi beetle. Dropped bugs include...

Fish (New Horizons)

In New Horizons, the total number of fish is 80, up from 72 in New Leaf. New fish include the mahi-mahi, ranchu goldfish, snapping turtle, tilapia, betta, golden trout, rainbowfish, sturgeon, anchovy, suckerfish, and the barreleye. Dropped fish include the barbel steed, eel, and the rainbow...

Dang. That's a lot.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

They'll probably patch them to be permanent next year when they're done doing content updates

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I have the pack and rug for you, just send me your code and I'll drop them off right up front. I have to step out soon so I'll be quick.

Sure, opening my gates now and I'll PM the code. Thanks again for doing this! And please free to take some of the peach stacks by the airport.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
They even went out of their way to fix the Wild World VC release to change the Nookington's requirement so that it was actually possible to do without multiplayer

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
They patched the Splatfest maps into Splatoon 2 when they were done

They're not just going to leave a large portion of the game hanging in limbo every single year
That's because they were never doing Splatfests again.

This is the same Splatoon team, they are also using BCAT to deliver stages and Salmon data to Splatoon 2 even when they could just patch it in, I think they will use the same strategy and keep using BCAT for a long time.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
New in April (Northern)
- Giant Water Bug
- Darner Dragonfly
- Agras Butterfly
- Common Bluebottle
- Madagascan Sunset Moth
- Atlas Moth
- Long Locust
- Jewel Beetle
- Flea

- Neon Tetra
- Guppy
- Killifish
- Snapping Turtle
- Crawfish
- Zebra Turkeyfish
- Butterfly Fish
- Sea Horse
- Clown Fish
- Surgeon Fish

Bugs (New Horizons)

Fish (New Horizons)

Take it from someone in the Southern Hemisphere, the Snapping Turtle is the best.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Meteor shower galore for me tonight. I got all 200 wishes for the nookmiles. Doubt I'm gonna have 200 star fragments washing up in the morning though.

Sera

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne
Opening my Gates
I will be afk as I do irl stuff
- Southern Hemisphere island, apple native fruit
- Nooks Cranny & Ables open
- Mums, Roses & Lilies on sale
- allowed to take fruit and flower heads you want
- Feel free to take anything from my free stuff stall (blue tarp near the entrance)
- PLEASE DON'T LITTER last time I opened my island to the public I found some littered tools
- accepting cardboard boxes as donations (leave them near my house)
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Opening my Gates
- Feel free to take anything from my free stuff stall (blue tarp near the entrance)
- PLEASE DON'T LITTER last time I opened my island to the public I found some littered tools
[Hidden content]
Ah, I was going to go out to the store but I'm tempted to jump in here for a bit lol. I guess I can go to the store a bit later.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opening my Gates
[Hidden content]
Keep getting interference:(

demana

Oct 27, 2017
Opening my Gates
[Hidden content]
Thanks, heading there now!
Keep getting interference:(
Same here, would love to try Southern Hemisphere fishing though

Shiki

Nov 30, 2017
Ugh, I'm also stuck with Pietro as my first camper. I effin' HATE clowns

I make sure to smack him every time I pass by him. Hopefully he will leave soon.

Sucks they FORCE you to pick the first one who drops by. I would've gladly slowed my progress a day or two to not have that thing in my town T-T

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for a definitive answer!

Wait what.

Oh nooooooo
Immediate things locked off if you don't do this from what I can tell:
-pre-bought plots of land
-amiibo scanning
-use of the campsite (since he'll just stay there)
-island evaluations
-random villagers showing up on the mystery tour islands

It's a requirement to "move on" with the game

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Man why do I feel like northern hemisphere got screwed over badly post launch. Have been to a southern island and boy there is so much more variety of animals. I know it will change in the coming month but people play most right now and southern people sure got the best stuff to begin with

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So could someone explain to me all of the online features of this game?

You can visit a friend's island while they are they and play together? Or can you only visit their island asynchronously?

Do you need NSO for it all?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Man why do I feel like northern hemisphere got screwed over badly post launch. Have been to a southern island and boy there is so much more variety of animals. I know it will change in the coming month but people play most right now and southern people sure got the best stuff to begin with
Mid/late summer has always been a big time for Animal Crossing wildlife

The game really does seem structured to be a summer game

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You should be hitting your rocks. If you break them it takes a full 24 hours for a new one to spawn on your island.

Here is a good method to get most resources out of rocks.

Thanks. Do you know if money trees disappear? I planted one for 10,000 48 hours ago close to my home and I don't see the stem anywhere.

Oct 25, 2017
Opening my Gates
[Hidden content]
It crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.