Status
Not open for further replies.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Where's the Agrias butterfly at? Usually with flowers right? I keep looking all over and haven't spotted one.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, terraforming is exciting and overwhelming. I had to put AC away before I started digging into it, so I can actually get some work done today. The biggest question mark for me is doing structural island changes wrt locations of buildings-- like my residents are all clustered close by and I like my house location but I feel like I could tweak it to add some more space around it now. hmmm!

As far as villagers go, I'm happy that I found Tom as my 10th. I have quite a few on the chopping block-- Norma is a non-entity and must go. I never warmed to Hans and Usrsula & Iggly are my forever on the bubble villagers. My ride or dies are Piper and Filbert <3 Fauna is here & cute but haven't had much interaction with her yet. I have my eyes on Coco, some cub and some hamster when it's time to bring in Amiibos.

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Also what's this balloon glitch I've seen mentioned?

People have reported that balloons stop spawning once they reach the 300th balloon shot down achievement. I've heard a few people say that they reached that point but didn't accept the stamp for it and their game hasn't been affected by it. Since balloons are pretty much the only way to get these event and seasonal recipes w/o trading or buying from other players it's pretty concerning.

Where's the Agrias butterfly at? Usually with flowers right? I keep looking all over and haven't spotted one.

It seems rare, I've only seen 3 on my island so far. It may also require having hybrid flowers on your island to spawn.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Noob question - sort of want to restart my game but I don't want to lose Roald. There's way too many villagers to make restarting over and over to get a specific one worth it right?

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
I don't think anyone responded but I just got it and can answer. I guess I'll tag in case anyone still cares.

Right after the KK concert which happens the day after when your island has a 3 star evaluation. I reached that on the day of my 8th villager moving in; I know some people have talked about needing more fences or decorations, but I think all my fencing around stuff like turnips or my fruit trees, along with the tons of fish I currently have placed out waiting for CJ, made that easily satisfied.

You pay miles for individual permits - 6k each for being able to make water and cliffs, 2k each for 9 more (at least I think you only start with 1 of the 10? I just bought them all right away) ground types including one that's just placing custom patterns - but thankfully you then have unlimited use of whatever you have a permit for. There are no costs or any crafting materials used, you're free to go wild with it.

You place things square by square. You can press the button again to make it a rounded corner if that makes sense, and again to erase it. And it looks like custom pattern paths can't have found corners, just erased. And now that I check, it seems like pressing Y will still erase them too, which isn't true for paths. It's faster to place one design down multiple times this way than the usual way since you only have to select it once and then don't have to use any menus, though, so there's still that benefit.
Do you or anyone knows if the second player can also do terraforming?

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The golden rule is... anywhere as long as it's next to where you live!
Ok, it ain't a golden rule but do that anyway! :3

EUnbXUaUMAA72w-

EUnbXUgUEAAxhuM

oh my gosh I'm so fucking happy 🥺
He's here! Did you also get him to move in yet??

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
My turnips prices have been terrible, went from 90 to 87 to 84. Now they're up to 126 and I'm tempted to sell but still a couple more days to hope for a big increase. I think I may wait. I've got about 1000 to sell, I'd like to get at least 50,000 for them I bought them for 90.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It drives me crazy that my airport dock and my plaza are off center by about 1 spot. There's no way to move either of them, correct?

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody else getting the same shit on their random islands as their home island? My wife's game is bugging out and it's killing her enjoyment.

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017
I think my game has a minor glitch. Isabelle didn't mention cherry blossoms in her announcement for yesterday, and no recipes for them have appeared at all (and I've gotten regular balloons among the Bunny Day ones). Has this happened to anyone else? The Able Sisters opened for me yesterday, so I'm wondering if that somehow glitched the cherry blossom announcement. I'm probably going to have to time travel backwards and try to retrigger the announcement; it's only in a ten day span you can collect cherry blossom recipes, and I love the cherry blossom stuff.

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Dammit, I was banking on being able to landscape the beaches, at least a little. You can't at all. Now I have to move my entire bamboo forest over lol

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Started this four or five days ago, and finally unlocked the ability to make fences. I know it's a small thing, but it's really helping me lay the bones of how I want my village to flow, and it's totally increased my enjoyment of the game tenfold. The first of the three homes I just built for Nook has filled (with Gladys, yay!) and things seem to really be coming together after a fairly slow first few days.

Also, count me as someone who isn't too thrilled about the eggs...yeesh.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they make a plushie of Flick, I love everything about this guy.

I really like the new characters, though I wonder why there's no lore for Chip and Nat due to the fact they are just...gone.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Quick question for you guys.

-Will there be any issues if I wipe the save on my family switch and set the clock back to release day so my wife can become the primary resident of her new island and then just move the date forward manually to catch up? it really sucks she has so much work she has done but I was the primary resident so she has to juggle two accounts to do anything (building bridges and terra-forming etc)

Nintendo should allow you to change who the main resident is.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
So far, it seemed only the first day was aggressive with the eggs. Was able to catch several fish with no eggs. Same with rocks. Also, there are far less balloons.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I don't think that's true tbh I placed two yesterday. I sold one and the other one hasn't been sold yet.

For me, I plot one, chose a villager, plot another, and it was sold to a random the next day. I couldn't even get anyone else since no other villagers spawn on the island tour. Really pissed me off.

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Theyre fast as shit, you'll know when you see it ,also I don't think they had a pattern, the one I got was just zipping down hills, across water, was tough to get, because I had to swap ladder, Pole, Net, Ladder, Net, Pole, etc, took me a few to catch

Quinton

Staff Writer at TheGamer / Reviewer at RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Midgar, With Love

lmao, wow.

The proletariat are rising up against Tom Nook's oppressive island getaway regime.

Finally.

Sounds like a revolt. Make sure you are on a plane outta there before they start dragging a guillotine to the middle of the plazza.

"We've eliminated Nook but his ringleader remains. Find the Resident Representative and show them what real representation looks like."

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Do you or anyone knows if the second player can also do terraforming?

I don't have a second player, so someone else can confirm, but I'm gonna guess they can't due to the whole island representative thing.

Anybody else getting the same shit on their random islands as their home island? My wife's game is bugging out and it's killing her enjoyment.

What do you mean by "same shit"? Islands are almost always similar to yours in terms of flowers and fruits and so on. Differences are uncommon. The fish/flowers are going to be the same as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.