Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Continuing with K-On Season 2:

Ep. 8
So at this point it's pretty clear anything to do with Mio in this show is just going to be garbage. This wasn't quite as bad as the previous episode, but still, bullying isn't a good thing ffs. I've seen way too many anime that take the same stance, so at this point I'm not even surprised. Just disappointing that it's also happening in a show that's just supposed to be light, relaxing fluff.

Ep. 9
Always nice to see anime episodes that treat old people as, well, actual people.

Ep. 10
A Sawako episode that actually makes her likeable. Didn't think that was going to happen. I'd like more of this, and less of her creeping on little kids please. Also finally a musical performance that didn't suck music wise.

Other than that though, why the hell are there high school students hanging out at a wedding of one of their alumni. The K-On club makes sense, but there's also the newspaper club here for some reason. Surely they don't show up to every wedding of every person who visited the school at some point.

Ep. 11
Thinking about it, most high schools in anime are always presented as being super rich, as they can afford things like Olympic sized swimming pools, like twenty different sports fields, and enough high quality musical instruments to field an entire orchestra. But for some reason, they never can seem to afford air conditioners. Well, they actually can here, which is a nice surprise.

Ep. 12
A surprisingly bad episode, production wise. Tons of still frames, and some really poorly drawn backgrounds.

Ep. 13
Another Azusa episode. In a weird way, she feels like the closest thing this show has to an actual protagonist, even more so than Yui.

Ep. 14
Before I actually watched this, the "Mugy why?" video was pretty much the only footage of the show I've actually seen. But like, the "why" part is explained literally 5 seconds before it happens, so now it feels like everything I knew about this show was a lie. Other than that, the scene with Nodoka stealing the strawberry is actually way better done, but for some reason doesn't even have a Youtube clip while the Mugi one is like the most well known scene in the show.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The first years add such an interesting dynamic to Ace of Diamond. Oh, and I guess we're back to anguish and suffering again.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
So Kaguya sama was fucking AMAZING! Shit had me crying in laughter. Hope there is a season 2.
Bought all the available manga volumes because i dont want to wait any longer lol. Ep 12 has the highest karma count at 14.5k of any show on r/anime . S2 is most definently already in the planning or production ;)

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
AoT - 54

A5lN.gif

Finally managed to sit down and watch this, FUCK ME what an episode, that sequence with Levi and the beast Titan was unreal.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
so today was where we got to what feels like the big finale for shield hero, seemed a little rushed near the end

i had read spoilers about what ultimately happens, i think in the last thread, and yea, it's dumb and childish

and of course, Killing is Bad is a terrible theme, even more so in a show like this

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Utena 09 - Boy, is Touga a manipulative, backstabbing shitheel. Then again, I can't say Saionji didn't get what was coming.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bought all the available manga volumes because i dont want to wait any longer lol. Ep 12 has the highest karma count at 14.5k of any show on r/anime . S2 is most definently already in the planning or production ;)
There was a big Karma inflation last seasons because of the weekly karma ranking threads. It still is an indicator of success but i wouldn't use it without pointing the context

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
Looks like they changed things up just a bit in how certain things happen in Shield Hero. At least compared to the manga and light novel

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Kenja no Mago 7

Yo, wtf is this show? It's not groundbreaking or anything, but it's...not what I expected at ALL. Thought it would be a boring harem and I'd check out by episode 3. But no, it's pretty much NOT a harem. Dude meets one girl, they fall in love, they're too shy to admit it to one another. The other girls are more concerned with finding jobs than him. Meanwhile, instead of him just being more powerful than everyone, he's teaching everyone to be like him??

Also, there's a LOT of fighting in this series. Way more than I would've expected. Like, every time I expect it to zig, it zags.
We were just talking about this and now the new episode happens and it's basically your post condensed into it XD
Show is just goofy fun at this point

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
as much as I would love to believe your optimism, and even though Kaguya was in the top 10 for manga sales, and even though I consider the stuff that happens after the anime to be even better and would love to see it animated....

I would still only give it like a 20% chance to get a second season.

Rom Coms are a genre that rarely get another season of anime :/
I would love to see it happen, but it's very far from a sure thing sadly.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 21

so today was where we got to what feels like the big finale for shield hero, seemed a little rushed near the end

i had read spoilers about what ultimately happens, i think in the last thread, and yea, it's dumb and childish

and of course, Killing is Bad is a terrible theme, even more so in a show like this

Yeah if they wanted this outcome for the character they shouldn't have gone as far with how terrible of a person Myne is which the crest not allowing her to lie just further showed.

With the 3 Heroes Church and them obviously using Myne to further their goals there were ways to have her be the awful person towards Naofumi while not being quite as involved with the other stuff

Anyway still enjoyed the episode and a solid end to what seems like the first story arc. Curious where things go next I assume there will be 1 more wave before Naofumi actually leaves for another country to end this season

Last edited:

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Shield Hero 21
It is always nice to see villains who keep getting away with things all series long finally get some of their own medicine

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
hope we start to get more funi stuff on blu-ray, the whole Sony thing kinda buggered up releases and pretty much within the last 12 months we've only gotten the really popular stuff instead getting a wide range of things that got released in america
It sounded like that was their plan. Who knows how long that will take to get going.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am somewhat surprised they stick with the Bitch thing (and Slut) since the connotation its usage carries has changed so much in recent years in the West. I figured with CR being more directly involved they might try and suggest a change. I think the way they made it all play out was better though.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I am somewhat surprised they stick with the Bitch thing (and Slut) since the connotation its usage carries has changed so much in recent years in the West. I figured with CR being more directly involved they might try and suggest a change. I think the way they made it all play out was better though.

I could see the slut maybe changed in the dub.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Shield Hero 21
man this show really is a shitty Incels revenge fantasy, really surprised this was written by a woman

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
SHIELD HERO 21

WTF, THEY TOTALLY RUINED THE QUEEEEEEN. in the manga, she was a fucking badass through and through. She didn't give a fuck and showed no weakness at all.

Overall, it was a good episode. But... The manga did it better.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
How was it in the LN and Manga?
Myne begs Naofumi to save her in front of the Queen. He gets pissed after seeing her face and orders that both her and the King be executed right then and there. Then Queen Meromarc is the one to convince him to use an alternative punishment since death is too easy. (She still doesn't want them to die.
it's not a massive difference, but it's there.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Angel Beats! 3-6

Yui's voice is more annoying than I remembered but she's still pretty amusing.

Also I forgot Megumi Ogata was in this yessssss

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Myne begs Naofumi to save her in front of the Queen. He gets pissed after seeing her face and orders that both her and the King be executed right then and there. Then Queen Meromarc is the one to convince him to use an alternative punishment since death is too easy. (She still doesn't want them to die.
it's not a massive difference, but it's there.
that sounds a lot more preferable, wasn't a fan of how the queen was so quick to send it to her own daughter to death just to satisfy Naofumi's revenge fantasy or how they paint Naofumi as a good person simply for calling off the queen from executing her own child

I get that Myne and the King were terrible and irredeemable but they were no longer a threat so to have the queen suggest a death sentence it made felt so unnecessary
Ok Thanks

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
that sounds a lot more preferable, wasn't a fan of how the queen was so quick to send it to her own daughter to death just to satisfy Naofumi's revenge fantasy or how they paint Naofumi as a good person simply for calling off the queen from executing her own child

I get that Myne and the King were terrible and irredeemable but they were no longer a threat so to have the queen suggest a death sentence it made felt so unnecessary
Ok Thanks
In the manga the Queen suggests cutting off their arms, legs, and skin as an alternative to death so...

In both versions she's just bluffing only for Naofumi to catch on and go with it though.

Oct 25, 2017
Rising of the Shield Hero Episode 19 EngDub

Finally its back and it was amazing, loved Motoyasu patting Naofumi on the back once Ren and Itsuki arrived, but then totally enjoyed Naofumi just laying it on all of them sighing and saying will work together. Kind of hope they stay together in the future, great dynamic and everything. Its amazing.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Code Geass R2 14
I'm guessing this is the point when the show just goes off the rails? We've reached full jrpg lengths and now are gearing our audience to accept the fact that we're going to kill God somewhere along the way. What for, who knows? The emperor's motivations are muddy to me. Sounds very nihilistic of mankind in general and blames God for it. Meanwhile we have LeDouche who wants to become God and be the only one worthy of Geass. I've been looking forward to the train wreck part of this season. Let's go!

This was pretty entertaining. It was nice to get some CC backstory finally and Susucku almost going full blown evil was neat. Geass lore still makes no sense but at this point, who cares? I'm glad the show has finally shed any pretence of logic and moved into end game jrpg territory.

Is this some meta commentary on the UN being a farce? I'm not sure how I feel about CC becoming all subservient but I'm going to guess that'll change before long. Anyway, I like how even the Brits acknowledge just how super racist Mina is, getting a Japanese man to nuke the entirety of Japan. I hope she and most other characters on this show straight burn in a fire.

Ohgi, how did you live? Oh wait, we're not going to even mention that we tried to kill you last ep? Lol OK. Also love the evil music that plays every time that Russian guy enters a scene. Absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
One Punch Man 2 08

I think there was less ghosting this time around so that's good I guess

Shield Hero 21

After two cours of getting constantly shit on its finally great two see our boy see justice served

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Truck-kun is an unrivaled, nefarious expert in the arts of homicide by splatting. How many bodies has Truck-kun left behind to taunt mortified relatives and lovers? Truckloads. Evidently this has not put a hamper on Truck-kun's ambitions as he continues to slaughter victims innumerable. Best that we turn our gaze away from Truck-kun's transgressions, lest we gaze into the abyss.

For your viewing pleasure

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero 21

While I certainly believe the Princess and King deserved the death sentences they were given, I'm glad shield hero decided to save their lives at the end. Shows some personal growth on his part. Honestly they got off lightly with their name changes despite all the evil shit they did, why couldn't they have just been thrown in prison forever? Queen continues to be the best character btw.

Senko-san 08

Shocking a beach episode with low fanservice which only came in the form of the older goddess lady and her swimsuit which I suppose can be forgiven since she's rather stacked and she was a part of the episode for like 10 seconds. Course she leaves on a cryptic message, sounds like these happy pampering days might be coming to a end soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.