Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Mob Psycho S2 ep.8
AgYXHyn.gif

That light switch, please turn it back off, that was NOT right........

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Dororo ep.8
Wolf boy should have joined the crew so Dororo could have another friend nearby.

Slime Isekai ep.21
Always working on political deals, even far away from home. Finding these greater spirits for the kids sounds like a tough task though.....

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Mob Psycho - S2 Episode 8

BaggyRewardingCaterpillar-size_restricted.gif

Attack on Titan - Season 3 part 1

The-Rock-clapping-Clapping.gif

Finally caught up with this, SO much better than season 2, just fucking killed it all round, pacing was the best it's ever been, Eren is actually likeable now, Levi is the fucking MVP (holy shit that early scene where they're ambushed by Kenny), can't wait for part 2 now.

Edit: also had a dope OP

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
S2 is the Armored/Giant Titans reveal + Eren getting kidnapped by them right ?

Wasn't that much more acclaimed than the very last season ? That was my general impression.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
S3 was much better in my opinion.

I swear to god, Steiner better get his along with his weird friend. Going to lose my fucking mind if they try to redeem them.

Theres no going back after what they've done.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't that much more acclaimed than the very last season ? That was my general impression.

It's ironic for me, cuz the stuff S3 covered was something I wasn't looking forward to due to it feeling rather dull in the manga.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Kotobuki 07

D0WlfnnX0AEce7U.jpg:large

I swear she has some of the best lines in the show after Chika. Anywho. Another side-adventure where their boss gets to show just how much of a shrewd business woman she is even when dealing with people in a dire situation that need her assistance. We actually got a set of pilots to fight the ladies who they actually had a tough time fighting. Good episode all around.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017

That's certainly the case for me. That reveal episode was the anime at its absolute best as far as I'm concerned. I suppose someone finding the pace to be an issue in S2 would enjoy the breakneck speed of most of S3.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Divisive. I'm of the camp that preferred S2, but S3 certainly has a lot of people who preferred it.
People who prefer Attack on Titan S3 to S2 are dangerous people who can't be trusted!

S2 really builds upon the strengths of the original manga. It enhances the material by elaborating on some ideas, re-arranging key events and re-focusing the story on certain characters. The key moments and reveals are handled beautifully. The production values are a huge step up from the original season and its remarkably consistent. The pacing is also excellent - something which can't be said of S1 or S3.

S3 takes an extremely lengthy arc from the manga, cuts it to ribbons, throws half of it away and sticks the rest into a blender. Then it forces you to take that mix as a shot. The overall experience is disjointed as the story moves at a breakneck pace but doesn't leave much lasting impression as it fails to establish real emotional stakes or a coherent narrative. Sure, they are some cool highliths here are there, but those could also be experienced in a 5 minute supercut. It is, however, thankfully over.

Last edited:

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I wasn't aware there was a sizeable contingent of fans who preferred the most recent cour of Attack on Titan to the second season. Odd pacing within the material aside, I think it was a real return to form for the series, especially coming off the massive delay and the mixed-at-best second cour of season one. Titans were terrifying again, the rabbit hole of a mystery just kept getting deeper, and the smaller scale of the conflict meant the spotlight was on the cast, giving some much needed development for people who had only been window dressing before (Sasha's episode might be one of my favorite in the entire series).

This last cour was... fine. There's some neat stuff happening in terms of world building, but it's painfully obvious they cranked the pacing up to eleven to get through it all because the original material dragged this story out far past its welcome. There's very little character development this time around, and what we do get for people like Kenny feels weirdly hackneyed in comparison to some of the more nuanced stuff from earlier seasons. But we are past it now, which makes me hopeful we can leave the political BS behind and get back to watching people get eaten instead of shooting one another.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
After a pretty good first half, Slime seems to have abandoned its careful pacing and is now rushing things to a degree that things being shown aren't really fully explained. Heck, this week's episode almost feels like it came from a different show with nearly all of the supporting cast having abruptly been written out midway through the previous episode, and apparently this arc in general has been rearranged so that Rimuru happens to find everything he needs in the one town he's in instead of journeying to various locales as depicted in the source material. I remember reading this is happening because the production committee mandated they reach a certain point of the story before the end (in only two more episodes) and the series is just so much worse for it. I hope whatever it is the committee wanted anime-only viewers to see is worth it.

On the other hand, Kaguya-sama is a riot and is only getting better as it goes on.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Shigurui 1-12
This anime. I don't even know where to start. This is one of the most disturbing and fucked up anime I have ever seen. It was bleak, it had a very slow pacing, almost every character were fucked up or straight up evil and disgusting and it was so damn gory. And yet it was really entertaining and gripping.

I don't know how they did it but each episode was so damn suspensful and really intense. It doesn't evem have much action yet they suceeded at it. I really liked the visuals and how it was a very "show don't tell" type of anime. Reminded me a lot of Texhnolyze (I heard they were made by the same author so that makes sense).Now I will need to read the manga to find out what happens.
Glad you liked it. Manga does deliver the goods in that distinct 'Shigurui' way so do buckle up and hold on to your seat.

Weren't Hand Shakers action scenes supposed to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG0vQuTl_xQ

I didn't know Kenichi Konishi was working on this, he's also listed as Enshutsu??? Weird.

Thought this was the new Yuasa movie for a moment. Looks pretty nice judging from this lil bit of footage.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Glad you liked it. Manga does deliver the goods in that distinct 'Shigurui' way so do buckle up and hold on to your seat.
Glad to hear. I am looking forward to reading it, will probably start it tonight or next Friday.
One of the best things about Shigurui. I love anime that as it goes on starts to make you wonder if there's anyone salvageable in the entire cast.
Yeah I liked that aspect a lot. I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 character that could be considered good.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a J-Drama era? Because all of season 1 of the Moribito J-Drama is on Amazon Prime now. It's good.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 S2 8

I really liked this episode, but there is one thing about this season I'm not particularly fond of.

download-2.png

Not really sure what I'm supposed to think about this character and the subplot revolving around her. So far it comes across as a somewhat straight faced joke about Mob finally becoming popular, but not in the way he wanted. Perhaps it is actually going somewhere, but as right now I can't help but think it kinda clashes with the show. Mob Psycho is a show that people frequently hold up as wholesome, but there's something a bit off about how it portrays people outside the main cast.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Mob S2 8 & Run with the Wind 19
Very nice week for marathon running.

Lot of sports protag shoutouts in that one section (time to figure out who this sango jugo is). Prince's development throughout the series was great to watch. Also some distinctions between the twins are made. Exciting.

Delayed to Autumn/October 2019.

That's too bad, hopefully the delay helps.
this hurts, I was quite looking forward to it's return.
I wonder if it's
A. production issues.
B. They are nearing the end of the manga and are planning to adapt the rest, but the wrap up is taking longer than expected so they delayed it to give the creator a bit more time to get the ending out.
C. They are afraid Fruits Basket will steal all the thunder and want to start airing at not the same time as Fruits Basket.
S2 covered through volume 17 and the series is currently past volume 40. So unless we are getting some crazy pacing we can probably rule out B.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Mob S2 8 & Run with the Wind 19
Very nice week for marathon running.

Lot of sports protag shoutouts in that one section (time to figure out who this sango jugo is). Prince's development throughout the series was great to watch. Also some distinctions between the twins are made. Exciting.

That's too bad, hopefully the delay helps.

S2 covered through volume 17 and the series is currently past volume 40. So unless we are getting some crazy pacing we can probably rule out B.
I don't think that the episode count for the second season was confirmed.

and really there is quite a bit of stuff in the volumes after the second season that you could shorten or even cut without effecting the overall story at all.

granted I haven't read it in a while, but at least where i left off felt like it was heading towards the end. It's just a monthly series so super hard to keep up with, i usually just binge my monthly series like once a year lol.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
That's certainly the case for me. That reveal episode was the anime at its absolute best as far as I'm concerned. I suppose someone finding the pace to be an issue in S2 would enjoy the breakneck speed of most of S3.
I wasn't aware there was a sizeable contingent of fans who preferred the most recent cour of Attack on Titan to the second season.
phew so I'm not completely out of touch.
Is there a J-Drama era? Because all of season 1 of the Moribito J-Drama is on Amazon Prime now. It's good.
This reminds me, whatever happened to that new Nahoko Uehashi adaptation ? It's been like a year now ...

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 S2 8

I really liked this episode, but there is one thing about this season I'm not particularly fond of.

download-2.png

Not really sure what I'm supposed to think about this character and the subplot revolving around her. So far it comes across as a somewhat straight faced joke about Mob finally becoming popular, but not in the way he wanted. Perhaps it is actually going somewhere, but as right now I can't help but think it kinda clashes with the show. Mob Psycho is a show that people frequently hold up as wholesome, but there's something a bit off about how it portrays people outside the main cast.

It is going somewhere but it got me thinking about how much of the season is actually left.

I don't think there are enough episodes to finish the series and I don't think there is enough content for a 3rd season.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i read mob psycho once like 3 years ago before it was complete so i'm really excited to rewatch 1s, ova and finally start watching 2 to see what the fuck you're all talking about

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It is going somewhere but it got me thinking about how much of the season is actually left.

I don't think there are enough episodes to finish the series and I don't think there is enough content for a 3rd season.

The last few chapters can take up a volume by themselves. One of them is over 200 pages long. There's easily going to be enough for 10 episodes at least

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 S2 8

download-2.png

Interesting, very interesting :3

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I think there's enough but the pacing might need to adjust a bit. Keepin mind that the chapter count is misleading since the chapter length is highly variable and a lot of the end chapters are ridiculously long

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to trial Crunchyroll Premium for the 2 weeks or whatever it is. It's a nice thing to keep my mind off running on the treadmill.

Watched Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and enjoyed the silly lightheartedness of it. Trying to find something similar - just fun, slice of life/comedy/romance. Any suggestions on CR?

Baka_Bishie

Oct 26, 2017
I decided to trial Crunchyroll Premium for the 2 weeks or whatever it is. It's a nice thing to keep my mind off running on the treadmill.

Watched Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and enjoyed the silly lightheartedness of it. Trying to find something similar - just fun, slice of life/comedy/romance. Any suggestions on CR?
It might not be strictly slice-of-life, though it has more of those elements than you might expect for a series based on JRPG cliches, but if you want a quality comedy with lots of romantic elements I can't recommend Magical Circle Guru-Guru enough.

Dec 28, 2018
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12

Well I sure do suck at predicting what's going to happen next in this show. But I'm honestly okay with what ended up happening. Reigen was once again amazing and the first half with him dealing with Claw was freaking perfection god it was so funny. Won't lie I thought the leader was a girl but it turned out to be some old man. Him turning into a baby as he ranted was damn funny. And unsurprisingly Dimple survived somehow but I'm glad he did he's grown on me. Shit this was just to good man. Like everything was flawless what an outstanding final. Hell this show in general was outstanding from to start to finish. In my opinion it easily shits all over One Punch Man this show is just so much better. And thank god there's a second season and I don't have to suffer like I did with Land of the Lustrous.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 Episode 12

Well I sure do suck at predicting what's going to happen next in this show. But I'm honestly okay with what ended up happening. Reigen was once again amazing and the first half with him dealing with Claw was freaking perfection god it was so funny. Won't lie I thought the leader was a girl but it turned out to be some old man. Him turning into a baby as he ranted was damn funny. And unsurprisingly Dimple survived somehow but I'm glad he did he's grown on me. Shit this was just to good man. Like everything was flawless what an outstanding final. Hell this show in general was outstanding from to start to finish. In my opinion it easily shits all over One Punch Man this show is just so much better. And thank god there's a second season and I don't have to suffer like I did with Land of the Lustrous.
what if I told you season 2 was even better

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017

Kaguya-sama: Love is War is the new hotness (albeit in a grounded setting with no fantasy elements like most of the other recommendations you're getting), and that Premium membership will let you watch the latest episodes as they air (Saturday mornings in US time).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Golden Time
My Love Story
My Little Monster
Wolf Girl and Black Prince
Yamada kun and the 7 Witches

Status
Not open for further replies.