• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
To generalize, her "hp" number is located on her upper inside thigh and people try to forcibly look at her number....

2nd ep was as bad as the first, but yeah; it's some edgy/rapey shit.

The rules and world are pretty interesting, but............
giphy.gif

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
March Comes In Like A Lion S2

vLVWvrw.jpg
W0ofnxV.jpg
PAFApRs.jpg
cBTSOFE.jpg

Being Shimada is suffering.

I loved S1 but unbelievably, S2 was a significant step up. I loved how most of the season was focused around the Kawamotos as opposed to shogi. The matches we did get were exciting and easier to follow. I also really enjoyed the various backstories of some of the other players. While I found myself not caring about them in S1, Silver Wings and Burnt Field completely drew me in.

Of course, Hina stole the show this season and her arc is one of the best I've ever seen. Episode 4 was an absolute masterpiece and the show did justice to the subject matter. The portrayal of bullying was so realistic and relatable and I was happy to see that it took basically the entire season to get closure on the issue. Lesser shows might have just solved everything in one episode with some talk no jutsu but in real life, things arent settled so easily. Actions have far reaching consequences, and the effects of bullying don't immediately disappear even after getting "justice". It was great seeing this issue fleshed out from multiple point of views. Shout out to the interim teacher for giving a shit.

Akari also got some great development and I wish she would make some friends her age (maybe Kyoko? :P) so she wouldn't have to constantly play the role of mom at home and just be a young woman once in a while. Momo is still adorable.

I do wish we got more scenes with the Kudou family. The extra story in the final episode was pretty heartbreaking. I almost lost it when Kei hugged Tarou. The father is the reason that his whole family is broken and it doesn't seem like he has any interest in mending things between them. I hope to see more of him as well as the brother going forward.

And yeah, this was easily one of the best shows of the decade. Not sure where it will fall on my list yet. As much as I loved it, I dont see myself rewatching the whole thing again aside from a few episodes across both seasons.

Also,

I hate Hina's new haircut :/

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

vLVWvrw.jpg
cBTSOFE.jpg
Both of these scenes are some of my favorites in the show...... However, the Akari x Rei kitchen talk, where Rei shows that he has built enough confidence in himself and comfort in the family to recognize where Akari is, what she was feeling and giving her the nudge of support she needed at that moment. It was such a well done scene in every context of their relationship up to that point with Rei reversing roles to support her like she had been doing for him in the past. People fail to realize that those people who are closest to those that are suffering and being supported are often over-looked themselves and need the type of support Rei gave Akari.

I can't say enough great things about how this show treats very personal and complex emotional issues with so much detail and care.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Isekai Quartet S2 1-2

Oh I missed this. Again, just like S1, the Konosuba crew steals the show. Aqua bullying is always appreciated.

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
ID 4

Oh This show is so good. I love the way these cases are laid out in the Well framework. Look forward to a new mystery!

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
this is interesting

short version
anime pays about $75 an hour in cali, and about $50 an hour in texas (rumor info not first hand from the guy, this info is in later comments) and video games pay about $200 an hour.

Oct 25, 2017
this is interesting

short version
anime pays about $75 an hour in cali, and about $50 an hour in texas (rumor info not first hand from the guy, this info is in later comments) and video games pay about $200 an hour.

does Anime also include western cartoons?

also i dont know if its surprising or interesting considering scale and reach of each type of media. Comparing someone voicing an mc in a multimillion selling game to a va in a 11 episode sentai anime rom com seems silly to me.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i mean even fans of anime argue endlessly over whether or not to even listen to english dubbing

blurr

Oct 26, 2017
Granbelm 04-06

Had an absolute blast with the action in episode 5 and while it preceded with so many fundamental questions in my head in the previous episode it was all answered conveniently in the 6th episode. It was not without also having the plot move forward with some terrifying developments.

So far Granbelm has an interesting premise and lore but it's really not as interested in it as much as its characters. That's not really a bad thing at all but outside of Anna and her relationship with Ernesta there's little else that I found interesting. It would've been nice if one of Anna's companions who loses out in the first episode had stuck around longer.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
does Anime also include western cartoons?

also i dont know if its surprising or interesting considering scale and reach of each type of media. Comparing someone voicing an mc in a multimillion selling game to a va in a 11 episode sentai anime rom com seems silly to me.
No, western cartoons are well known to pay better than anime.
and I'd wager his talks about video games are more like namco bandai dubs not the lead of a planned million seller.
Also, don't know why it's silly. It's a clear cut reason why people like Troy Baker have for the most part left anime behind, and any good talent that comes through may do the same. It's not like video game companies in general don't try to cut corners, and why some companies like NisA often use only actors that aren't part of the union so they can get closer to the anime rates.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 2nd Season - Finished
While the overall arc in season 2 didnt grab me it had such a strong closure in the end. Ep.24 made me bawl out my eyes the whole episode especially when Koro-Sensei did the attendance list one last time.

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 - Finished
Wow i didnt expect it to surpass my expectation. Really good animations, more polished and they cranked up the subtle close up face movements. I will never get tired of their constant shenanigans and S2 delivered on that part, but it also had a lot more quiter scenes between the two dorks and a a nice build up to the summer festival.

Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-2-11-25.jpg
Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-2-11-37.jpg
Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-12-51.jpg
Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-12-65.jpg

Props to Rie Takahashi. She did such a wonderful job teasing Nishikata over the course of 24 episodes.
The scene made me almost tear up of how much you can hear the excitement when he finally asked Takagi out for the festival. Incredible voice acting.

First Taxi Driver-kun and now Kimura-san. Both MVP of 2019. In the end Nishikata was never losing to her, in fact he won since they first met.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt know videogames payed so much better than anime, I always thought it was the opposite.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
(Probably due to the difference in actual disc sales, where the dubs are all on... I'm one of the rare few that still buys anime on disc :/)
Makes sense. Also it isn't uncommon to have people that only watched anime subbed but with games it is only dubbed because subs can be distracting.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 - Finished
Wow i didnt expect it to surpass my expectation. Really good animations, more polished and they cranked up the subtle close up face movements. I will never get tired of their constant shenanigans and S2 delivered on that part, but it also had a lot more quiter scenes between the two dorks and a a nice build up to the summer festival.

Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-2-11-25.jpg
Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-2-11-37.jpg
Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-12-51.jpg
Karakai-Jouzu-no-Takagi-san-12-65.jpg

Props to Rie Takahashi. She did such a wonderful job teasing Nishikata over the course of 24 episodes.
The scene made me almost tear up of how much you can hear the excitement when he finally asked Takagi out for the festival. Incredible voice acting.

First Taxi Driver-kun and now Kimura-san. Both MVP of 2019. In the end Nishikata was never losing to her, in fact he won since they first met.

This episode was so damn cute and well done despite seeing similar scenerios a bunch of times before.

The natural, honest and unforced nature of their relatioship growth has been great to see and the this season nailed that in every way.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017

The extra story in the final episode was pretty heartbreaking. I almost lost it when Kei hugged Tarou. The father is the reason that his whole family is broken and it doesn't seem like he has any interest in mending things between them. I hope to see more of him as well as the brother going forward.

I do love that part. Just a few stills stitched together IIRC but the mood and emotional weight is exemplary.

I hate Hina's new haircut :/
TXmDfQT.jpg

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The ending of Carole & Tuesday is so beautiful and powerful and I need more episodes in my veins right fucking now. Damn, I love this show. So good.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
It's not coming, is it? 😔 That message at the end killed all my hopes for another part/season/whatever. But man, this might be my favorite show of 2019. I loved every minute of it.
it feels unlikely, but if the music is selling well enough maybe they would put a movie together just to make more music or something.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
are we going to get the true cuteness of moto takagi-san or what

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Both of these scenes are some of my favorites in the show...... However, the Akari x Rei kitchen talk, where Rei shows that he has built enough confidence in himself and comfort in the family to recognize where Akari is, what she was feeling and giving her the nudge of support she needed at that moment. It was such a well done scene in every context of their relationship up to that point with Rei reversing roles to support her like she had been doing for him in the past. People fail to realize that those people who are closest to those that are suffering and being supported are often over-looked themselves and need the type of support Rei gave Akari.

I can't say enough great things about how this show treats very personal and complex emotional issues with so much detail and care.

This season was all about Kei supporting the family that's helped him all this time. His growth between the episode 1 and 44 are remarkable. It's sad that due to his circumstances, the only way he felt he could be useful to anyone was through work. Thankfully, the Kawamotos helped him abandon those kinds of thoughts and showed him that his existence alone and just being there to listen to their problems made him irreplaceable. That's more important than anything money could buy.

Another one of my favorite scenes was during the summer festival when Grandpa did the "Let's go Kawamoto family!" cheer and Kei joined in so naturally. He's really a part of their family now T_T

I do love that part. Just a few stills stitched together IIRC but the mood and emotional weight is exemplary.

TXmDfQT.jpg

I dug how it was just still images. It made me think of a mom going through an old album and reminiscing by herself. I feel for this woman so much.

And yeah, I hate it :(

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
This season was all about Kei supporting the family that's helped him all this time. His growth between the episode 1 and 44 are remarkable. It's sad that due to his circumstances, the only way he felt he could be useful to anyone was through work. Thankfully, the Kawamotos helped him abandon those kinds of thoughts and showed him that his existence alone and just being there to listen to their problems made him irreplaceable. That's more important than anything money could buy.

Another one of my favorite scenes was during the summer festival when Grandpa did the "Let's go Kawamoto family!" cheer and Kei joined in so naturally. He's really a part of their family now T_T

Do you happen to remember what episode # that was? I want to watch that scene again, lol.

BTW, the haircut might not be great, but it's all about change and new beginnings; give her a pass!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Do you happen to remember what episode # that was? I want to watch that scene again, lol.

BTW, the haircut might not be great, but it's all about change and new beginnings; give her a pass!

It was around the 13 minute mark on episode 41. Also, my mistake, it was Akari that lead the cheer not Granpa. That episode also had that fucking amazing scene with the interim teacher and Takagi during their final session. What a boss.

The funny thing about the haircut was that it wasn't the only HanaKana character that did it during that season lol.

Last edited:

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I unfortunately had to watch half of 3-Gatsu on Netflix and noticed that they don't bother adding translations for a lot of the background text and stuff that add a lot of flavor or insight to a scene like the way CR does. Netflix really fucking sucks at this anime stuff.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Netflix really fucking sucks at this anime stuff.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Where's that Beastars that finished airing in Japan back in December?
Not coming til March?
That's just great...

Netflix's desire to break into the anime market, but pig headed unwillingness to actually follow the same standards as other streaming services is fucking shit.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Truer words have never been spoken.
Where's that Beastars that finished airing in Japan back in December?
Not coming til March?
That's just great...

Netflix's desire to break into the anime market, but pig headed unwillingness to actually follow the same standards as other streaming services is fucking shit.

What's funny is that week-to-week would be better for retaining subs. Instead of binging within a few hours, a 13ish ep series can keep someone subbed for at least 2 months, instead of cancelling a sub cause "binged it, done". Some would wait till the whole thing airs, but no doubt some would want it simultaneous.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Netflix should just drop subbed episodes and release a dub later on for the people who prefer dubs. They have some great shows, but their rollout sucks.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Lovely Complex 19-25 END
This was a lot of fun. Risa Koizumi was a great protagonist; I loved her faces, her fashion and get hair. I'm gonna miss the melodrama.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The bad thing about Netflix is that they even have shows that they only release weekly. But well, they single handed revived a lot of fansubbers again so there is that too. Don't feel bad about that because I still pay my subscription.

/XX/

Oct 25, 2017
Spain

Obvious "Otonari" touch of motion everywhere but, this cut's timing and draftsmanship... is this a hint of Sushio? I seriously hope he is more involved as KA than in the last project directed by Mr. Yoshinari. Maybe Mr. Imaishi let him free enough time to help others too! :-P

That's some garish art direction.
Feels like a more "colourful" evolution of Mr. Takeda's own work for Eden of the East. It seems as if the trust Production I.G gave him transferred to sister company WIT STUDIO, as well.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
The bad thing about Netflix is that they even have shows that they only release weekly. But well, they single handed revived a lot of fansubbers again so there is that too. Don't feel bad about that because I still pay my subscription.
They are indirectly promoting piracy to be sure with their model.
They probably couldn't care less about people watching fansubs though.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Just finished the second season of Sound! Euphonium and gosh, what a lovely series. Went through both seasons over the last month. It's a shame that the movie from last year is not on CR.. I'll have to see if that was released by an American company. I know Liz and the Blue Bird is on Hoopla, so I'm looking forward to watching that.

I am not generally a "shipper" in any series I watch be it anime or live action, but I really thought Kumiko and Reina would kiss at some point. It's so rare for a gay or lesbian character to be portrayed in an anime that isn't specifically focused on that, so it was interesting too see them seem to lead us down the path that Kumiko is a lesbian.

Glad I'll be able to watch the new series or whatever when it happens!

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
A Silent Voice nearly made me cry. Beautiful, beautiful movie. I don't know if me being bullied my whole childhood added to the feels or not, but please watch this movie if you haven't seen it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.