• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cool to hear. The wording around it was never as clear as usual, game would look ridiculous cranked on a PC.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah a PC with very specific hardware, os, and software.There is a reason why we don't have a PS4 emulator running full speed on PC.

It'll be very interesting to see this engine run on PC.
Yes. I know that, but it's not some crazy thing. Some of you guys act like this will be some technical wizardry or something.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be really impressed if Sony allows KP to port this game to PC.

Not having the "only on PS4" tag is telling though.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the US trailer still says it's a placeholder

2RpM2XP.png
PS Blog says the cover ART is subject to change but I don't know if the actual final cover art will say "Only on PlayStation" or not, probably won't IMO

Oh okay. Weird that it isn't on the EU trailer.

i liked the box art like that

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
If there's one thing I've learned from Sony's various yearly presentations, if it doesn;t say 'Only on Playstation' on their released box art it's gonna be on PC.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising, but good.

I'm sure some will cry over others getting to play it too.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
You'd think that after giving Kojima a great engine from a 1st party studio, they'd be able to secure the exclusivity..

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
It was pretty clear it was going to between it originally being teased as coming to PC, them not hammering it with PS4 exclusive anf Detroit recently coming as well. Pretty lame that this isn't being properly disclosed though.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So I understand this guy got a hold of the release date, but how does this mean that he for sure knows it's coming to PC?

Sony invested in this studio and helped him build it and fund it. I don't believe for a second that this is coming to PC until I hear it directly from the mouths of Sony or Hideo Kojima.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's what was announced when the partnership was revealed. The only thing that might have changed that was the use of the Decimal engine but looks like the plan is still on.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
How many times i told you so?

When Sony doesn't scream "PS4 EXCLUSIVE" in their marketing for third party games, and it's strangely silent about a somewhat half-announced upcoming PC version, it ALWAYS means that it's a timed exclusive and that it's coming to at least PC sooner or later.

I hope you people finally learn it this time, and don't attack again people that point out the obvious.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Yeah a PC with very specific hardware, os, and software.There is a reason why we don't have a PS4 emulator running full speed on PC.

It'll be very interesting to see this engine run on PC.

Viability of emulation has nothing to do with how similar the hardware architecture is. Case and point, the OG Xbox still can't be emulated despite being pretty much a PC. The architecture being so similar is a godsend for developers as porting is easier.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Just wait for that The Last of Us Part II PC announcement.

Maybe EPIC would give gajillion dollars for it, so at least the money could be develop for more PS games.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so, will this be published by sony on PC? because sony owns the IP.
maybe EGS exclusivity?

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Why are people forgetting lol.
They aren't forgetting, they're in denial.
I've been expecting a year of exclusivity since that was announced. Like NieR:Automata, only worse. People said the PC version of that was cancelled too.
If it doesn't come to PC eventually? It's their loss. I'm not buying a PlayStation.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
This is awesome news! Takes this from a "maybe" to a day one (on PC) purchase.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Kojima gets the most out of his friendships until then, because that shit's over once those character models are easily accessible.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's only six months tho. I don't mind waiting a bit for a (much) better version but if it's a full year I'd have to play it on PS4.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Nice, that's where I will purchase this

EDIT: On Steam tho, so if they do any EGS bullshit I'll have to wait an extra year

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think that after giving Kojima a great engine from a 1st party studio, they'd be able to secure the exclusivity..
They probably could have but bringing it to PC can be worth millions of dollar to them too. Both in terms of additional sales and Epic Games Store bribes. Keeping things exclusive in the long term means missing out on potential sales. Many of their first party games are already on PC via PS Now.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Kojima gets the most out of his friendships until then, because that shit's over once those character models are easily accessible.
In fairness, PS4 is already at a place model ripping and data mining is already available and done. It's not as easy as PC, but it is far from impossible. If there's a year wait in-between, I actually expect the game will be datamined and the models ripped before it hits PC if that's a point of concern.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting, so Sony allowed this. Not to surprising given that Kojima's last games have been on there. Good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.