ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Game is like 27th on Steam right now, which is pretty impressive since it seemed like it kind of popped out of nowhere.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is it even possible to come back if a zombie gets insinde your base on hard? it seems stupid that a single zombie getting inside ends the game...

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
You could quickly destroy the neighboring homes, but the most important thing is a ring of ranger/soldier/whatever on patrol.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
is it even possible to come back if a zombie gets insinde your base on hard? it seems stupid that a single zombie getting inside ends the game...
It's totally possible. I've done it a few times. Just segment your base. All my bases have layers, so if one wall falls I can hold them at the next one. Even early on it's possible to come back from a couple of fringe house being broken into. And, on the plus side, it's really cheap and easy to repair that stuff.

If they get into your final layer during a wave though... Yeah you're dead.

Game is like 27th on Steam right now, which is pretty impressive since it seemed like it kind of popped out of nowhere.

Been on my radar for months when I saw the trailer.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

section off parts of the base with walls to easily contain outbreaks, basically.

Tbh everything up until the Billions horde is not too difficult to manage once you know what to do, and a lot of the game is just working your way up to that.

I might put this down for a while until it's out of EA. 20 hours on a not finished game is pretty dang good but I really need a lot of those pathfinding upgrades, maybe a bit more unit/approach variety etc. Early game really is a hell of a slog.

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
A very effective and affordable strat is to place a single segment of wall (a post) between your outer building and the zombies. They'll attack that piece first giving you time to move units around.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
The fourth (last) map is hella imbalanced.

I'm losing this map on 1-5 days.

The wrinkle is that sound travels really far. So you have to deal with runners before you even get up a barracks if you have more than one ranger shoot at a zombie. Using your soldier is an auto-game over. Food is scarce so you have to expand into zombie hordes. Also, you are coded to spawn right in the middle of Villages of Dooms. That's before discussing the scarcity of food or fertile land for farms, because you don't last long.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
That dude spawned with more green on the map in one spot than I've seen ANYWHERE in 20 tries. AND got tech farms as a mayor.

That video is as useless as a third nipple.

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the first map at just 22% after losing twice due to learning the game. It's really fun.

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep getting slaughtered in this game. It's interesting fun though.

I made it to day 100 and then I got sorted. They broke through several layers of some walls and towers. There were just too many.

Haven't felt like this since I was addicted to age of empires 2.

Great game. Give it a shot!

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Third attempt and finally beat it... on the easiest difficulty possible (3%).

I actually probably could've beaten it on my second try since I was already on day 120 ish, but I didn't feel confident so I just restarted. I didn't ever clear the map, and I wrongly focused on maxing houses instead of spreading out. I also used Power Plants which I ended up not liking at all.

This run I had around 11 Titans and prolly 20 Thanatos, 2x double layer walls + spikes inbetween and all the Snipers and Executors money could buy. 10x Titans were very comfortable clearing the map. Even then, I think I still need to do way better. 8x Snipers + Executor + said walls was barely holding off that 10 Harpy rush on one side on the last wave. Can't imagine how worse it'll be on higher difficulties.
hvHEdXg.png

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to split up your army into 4 groups under a hot key or something? Having a hard time manually selecting 4 different groups of troops for the final wave.

I know it defeats the purpose, but I really wish there was a save scum option lol.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to split up your army into 4 groups under a hot key or something? Having a hard time manually selecting 4 different groups of troops for the final wave.

I know it defeats the purpose, but I really wish there was a save scum option lol.
ctrl-1-7ish, same as starcraft. You see those numbers laid out vertically near the minimap? That's it.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the pathfinding is such a pain in the ass though, but it does mean i need to make 'roads' through my base

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
the pathfinding is such a pain in the ass though, but it does mean i need to make 'roads' through my base
I've had guys get 'lost' on the other side of a wall+gate section because I ordered his blob through it 20 days ago and he was just running into the wall next to the gate the whole time

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017
Had an amazing game going on Map 3 but my rangers all died early on so I had a murder squad of snipers. But since it's the snow map they move super slow. I had 80% of the map farming resources and contained but just ooooone little opening where I didn't put a ballista close enough to a foundry and the infected just snowballed all over the entire area while my sniper murder squad was on the other side of the map. It was heartbreaking and I love it.

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God damn it, 4th try and I lost on the final wave.

I had 6 titans, all resources except gold were 400+

The bottle neck was gold, i couldn't get any more. This game is so rough, the difficulty really needs to be decreased a tad. secondly there needs to be a way to see all ur military uinits on the map so i know where my little armies are (i lost a group of 4 titans, 3 thanatos, 5 soldiers, 5 snipers, 2 lucifers in the chaos of the screen).

great game but they need to balance it out more-->or i need to get better. Not sure my wife is gonna let go of me for another 7 hour stretch anytime soon.

Pancakes

Oct 25, 2017

The bottle neck was gold, i couldn't get any more. This game is so rough, the difficulty really needs to be decreased a tad. secondly there needs to be a way to see all ur military uinits on the map so i know where my little armies are (i lost a group of 4 titans, 3 thanatos, 5 soldiers, 5 snipers, 2 lucifers in the chaos of the screen).

great game but they need to balance it out more-->or i need to get better. Not sure my wife is gonna let go of me for another 7 hour stretch anytime soon.

Read up a bit on the subreddit for some good tips but just off the top of my head, what makes or break the final wave is the amount of layers you have for walls (you want at least 4 stone layers) and as many thanatos as possible at each choke. Additionally you want at least 6 executor turrets (on each choke) with the Thanatos to stand the best chance of survival. You should also just give up on the resources outside of your strong choke points for the final wave. Titans are really only good as a mobile squad to plug leaks and put out fires. In terms of gold bottle neck be careful with power plants and advanced structures as they are huge drains.

In terms of balance

Buff Titans
Nerf snipers
Buff soldiers

is the only real issue I see so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi

Took me 8 real time hours to beat the first map on 30%.

I think I'm getting faster, but it's still a 4-6 he commitment depending on how much you pause.

Only the last map is imbalanced. Rest of the game is solid.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017

Just need to be better. As for gold, expansion > upgrades. Tents are the most cost efficient in terms of gold per food and energy. As much as possible, have all houses covered by a bank and market if you want to upgrade them. Cottage is still good on its own, but I'd be very hesitant to upgrade to Stone House without both bank and market. You don't have to stick to one of each bank and market.

Likewise for every other structure with upkeep. As much as possible, resort to expansion instead of upgrading them.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i also just want more variety with the units tbh. air units. firebats on steampunk motorcycles. this claims to be steampunk but i haven't seen a single zeppelin, for shame

i kind of want to like load up red alert 2

SpartacusMD

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i also just want more variety with the units tbh. air units. firebats on steampunk motorcycles. this claims to be steampunk but i haven't seen a single zeppelin, for shame

Yes air units would be nice and greater enemy variety and imho little bit easier, but I noted the above recommendations!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
expansion is good anyway cos then you get to make more buffer zones

i think the other thing i want is even more traps! Are there mines in game?

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi

There's a train in the screenshots teasing the campaign. I don't think we've seen everything there is to offer yet.

Also, the flamethrowers are called Lucifers.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
sorry the pertinent part of what i actually wanted was dudes or dudettes on motorbikes

yeah hoping the campaign just has all kinds of dope bullshit in there

Jiro

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
Alright, I admit it, I just can't beat the first map 100%.

What do I basically need for the final wave except loads of stone walls? Executors? Titans? Thanatos? Is the shock tower worth it in the end?

=(

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
the way i understand the shock towers is that it nukes everything in the pulse range when it blasts the pulse, and I mean everything. Just gotta decide if it's worth the energy price.

I expect what you'd want to do is put sniper towers around it to protect from spitters and then wall the whole thing off hardcore.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone should come up with a strat thats best for their playstyle, but for me shock towers aren't really worth it since they cost 30(!) energy. Compare that to ballistas which cost only gold, wood, and like 3 energy i think?

I would just put up a ton of ballistas(super cheap), maybe 1 or 2 executors, sniper towers and 4-6 thanatos for the final horde defense.

Another thing i would say is that advanced buildings other than house upgrades are kind of a mid game noob trap. They take too much resources compared to the basic version. Best thing to do is try to constantly push out so you have more land to constantly build tons of mills, find new farm land and resource points for your end game economy.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
I don't like super-expansion and building tents everywhere. I prefer advanced mills and farms and houses to make for a smaller, more efficient, easier to defend base. The more surface area your base occupies, the more defenses you need.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i think one of my current issues is that with a decent setup (i.e. one thanatos) basically everything up to the last wave is a god damn pushover, so you can kinda spend like 3 hours gearing up for something without a decent idea of if you're actually good enough to take it.

It's kinda cheating, but if you section off your base, the moment Zed breaks containment for any 'blocks' with houses or farms in it, just delete the fuck out of those houses and fall back to the next block. I wish this was more explicitly supported with in-game mechanics though.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
i think one of my current issues is that with a decent setup (i.e. one thanatos) basically everything up to the last wave is a god damn pushover, so you can kinda spend like 3 hours gearing up for something without a decent idea of if you're actually good enough to take it.

It's kinda cheating, but if you section off your base, the moment Zed breaks containment for any 'blocks' with houses or farms in it, just delete the fuck out of those houses and fall back to the next block. I wish this was more explicitly supported with in-game mechanics though.

When you delete houses, you remove obstacles for the horde to have to walk through to get to your command center.

It might make sense to delete houses to prevent more spawns, but now the pack has a clear path!

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i suppose that's true if you have the troops to reposition at that point (which I find difficult to do due to the last wave lag)

up to you what you need to do! My only final horde experience so far I was grossly unprepared for, so idk

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the first map at 22% lol! Basically got the best possible map and was able to set up a ton of Executers and double walls throughout. My army barely had to do anything during the final wave. Feel like I can finally move on to something else now!

Can't wait for the campaign though.

Gyroscope

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the last map at 160% (Challenging) is destroying me.

I can't even get enough food to get a colony going. I feel like I kill 200 zombies just to My see far enough to scout. My first colony, spawned next to a village of doom, lasted 25 days, and I couldn't afford a wood workshop. Every other colony after that, maybe a week?

BRUTAL

I beat the 3rd map Saturday, and have been stuck on map 4 at 160% since and you're right it is brutal. Even after watching other people beat it's just a daunting task to make any headway personally. My issue is expanding every time I want to push out I literally have to just park a team of rangers, with support of a balista, or a death squad of snipers for what seems like 10 minutes as the entirety of the quadrant continuously pours in... then a large raid comes and I have to pull back cause I don't have enough to defend the main, plus the expansion... and the cycle starts again, but worse cause the big raids get ridiculous fast.

So very fun, and it's a challenge I definitely am going to beat but yeah... Brutal. Completely at the mercy RNGesus for the start though.

Last edited:

Thordawgg

Nov 5, 2017
I got along well with a customer at work and they said this was the game they were playing a lot recently. I checked it out and it looks like it would steal all my free time so I've not pulled the trigger on it but I find it intriguing

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
this basically is the ot for the game for now i guess