• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscontent-d5002.xboxlive.com%2Fxuid-2535431551328040-private%2Fb5c4b128-26a1-4636-babf-342079bd31d9.PNG%3Fsv%3D2015-12-11%26sr%3Db%26si%3DDefaultAccess%26sig%3DMnCKRmqkMTDCokMen5WrqcHQGfP7PvxF%252BGL5NO%252FyA9M%253D.png

Is that some sort of sick joke, Respawn? I almost broke 13 too.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Nah its super fucked Being almost max level and having fuck all to show for it is ridiculous in addition to the fact I wouldn't be any better off even if I had spent, say, 20 dollars. I still don't even have 400 crafting materials, a third of what you need to get something worthwhile.

This shit is getting crazy. The game is free! It cost zero dollars! What you have to show for being max level is 100+ hours of free entertainment (and a bunch of free cosmetics and the two heroes you could unlock for free with the in-game currency you would have of you've reached that level). It's really not that "fucked" that at some point the free stuff stops coming once you've spent enough hours playing that you honestly kinda owe them something.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought initially but been getting wins with him. Really his bubble is strong as a fallback point for reloads and healing when engaged at a distance. Also I could see it as an escape ability as well if in the right areas. Too many people use it to hide in and people just charge it when the engagement is to close . Ult is super strong as well. I've actually seen him in more champions parties that look like pre made groups recently.
I'll take your word for it, since Im absolutely shit with the game.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah its super fucked Being almost max level and having fuck all to show for it is ridiculous in addition to the fact I wouldn't be any better off even if I had spent, say, 20 dollars. I still don't even have 400 crafting materials, a third of what you need to get something worthwhile.
Yep, it's terrible. Make it a pack everytime you level up, like OW at least.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This shit is getting crazy. The game is free! It cost zero dollars! What you have to show for being max level is 100+ hours of free entertainment (and a bunch of free cosmetics and the two heroes you could unlock for free with the in-game currency you would have of you've reached that level). It's really not that "fucked" that at some point the free stuff stops coming once you've spent enough hours playing that you honestly kinda owe them something.
Again being free doesnt excuse a shitty system. I would gladly throw down money for loot boxes if they weren't designed in such a bullshit way. But they are and as such I and many others wont be spending money until they fix it.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Despite me hating like two thirds of Mirage kit he's my best character by far lol.

Im starting to average like 4-6 kills per lost game and like 9-12 on wins.

That bamboozle gives me so much outplay potential.

Speaking of stats tho i hate that Apex follows that trend of not showing people their loss, wins, death or kd stats so you dont feel bad about sucking.

Like we're gonna get an off game tracker at some point so why not just make it an actual tracker in the game?

You can sorta make a guess with games played and kills (and winning kills) so it just feels annoying that you dont have that extra data to calculate your k/d (or k/d/a)

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Again being free doesnt excuse a shitty system. I would gladly throw down money for loot boxes if they weren't designed in such a bullshit way. But they are and as such I and many others wont be spending money until they fix it.

I disagree. Releasing a game of this quality for free does allow them to stop doling out free cosmetics at some point without any complaint from me.

Yep, it's terrible. Make it a pack everytime you level up, like OW at least.

Overwatch is $40 up front and doesn't even offer the option to just buy what you want like Apex does.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It actually does excuse it though, because none of it is necessary. It's all frivolous extra shit, and it's there so you can download and play the game 100% for free. Unlike other prominent games in the genre, you do get some stuff for free. Oh, and the season pass also isn't out yet.

You know all this already though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Just found that, thanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/athw8d/bloodhound_vs_pathfinder_hitbox/

Pathfinder = trash confirmed?

I wish I could see comparisons between, say, Bloodhound and Bangalore.
Wow! This explains how people were tagging me at angles I couldn't believe. Interesting. This isn't really fair as he doesn't have more HP or armor to compensate. Wow. Now I see why everyone picks wraith/lifeline. They are so tiny and hard to hit. Fucking hell.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I disagree. Releasing a game of this quality for free does allow them to stop doling out free cosmetics at some point without any complaint from me.

Overwatch is $40 up front and doesn't even offer the option to just buy what you want like Apex does.
Overwatch gives you the exact same way to buy what you want-in game currency only obtained through loot boxes. The difference being is overwatch actually gives you a reasonable amount of currency to buy stuff whereas apex does not. 15 fucking crafting materials is an unacceptable amount when the best stuff costs 1200.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overwatch gives you the exact same way to buy what you want-in game currency only obtained through loot boxes. The difference being is overwatch actually gives you a reasonable amount of currency to buy stuff whereas apex does not. 15 fucking crafting materials is an unacceptable amount when the best stuff costs 1200.
He's referring to the Apex shop that rotates items over time. Overwatch doesn't have that, just loot boxes.

Overwatch is also a full priced game (or $40 on PC) so it isn't relevant to this discussion. If anything, having loot boxes at all is far more inexcusable in a full priced game. Apex is free.

...and the season pass isn't out yet. If you've ever played any game in this genre, you know that the season pass is where you will acquire the vast majority of your cosmetics. So... relax, and enjoy your free ass AAA game.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
the "you have to spend $18 on a skin for the privilege of spending in-game currency for a skin in the same slot on the same character" system is truly bizarre

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure why Apex Legends being free doesnt mean we cant criticise only having 45 Apex Pack in 100 levels.

Also dont get me wrong, Im enjoying the hell out of this game, also 100% getting the battle pass. Still think the Apex Pack system sucks.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Apex Pack system is more than fine, I just wish the game would let me spend in-game currency on literally anything

Aug 5, 2018
I really need to play a new Legend, but Caustic is just too damn fun. Had a game where the 2nd circle shrink was right over bunker, so there were a lot of players still alive. We went and camped anyway, and I put gas traps in front of door. Teams would NOT stop showing up. By the time we killed one, another was drawn to gunfire and would show up. We were finally finished off by a team that came from behind us in bunker, even with a trap trying to protect. The last minute was a panicked slugfest of us crammed in a room while 2 teams poured in, all of us buried in smoke and poison. I've never seen so many coffins in one area. It was glorious.
I have 21 top 3 finishes with zero wins with him. I'm so sick of him now!

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna save my legends coins but I think I'll get caustic as that is more my playstyle. I'm usually the engineer type of player where you "set it and forget it" with turrets and stuff, but gas traps will do.

Speaking of which, I hope we do get an engineer class with mini turrets.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure why Apex Legends being free doesnt mean we cant criticise only having 45 Apex Pack in 100 levels.

Also dont get me wrong, Im enjoying the hell out of this game, also 100% getting the battle pass. Still think the Apex Pack system sucks.
Because the other games in this genre give you 0 packs in 100 levels.

The fact that you're getting anything at all is being taken for granted. The goddamn game is free. It doesn't owe you anything, but it still gives you some shit without you spending a dime.

...and again, it's all frivolous extra stuff. You don't need any of it. It's not even like Fortnite where there are emotes and dances being performed in the temporary space before the drop, making people feel left out and peer pressuring them to spend. In Apex it's just skins, in a first person game. You can easily ignore all of it and miss out on nothing. For F-R-E-E!

Also, again, battle pass. We don't even know how the game's cosmetic acquisition even works right now. The current shop and pack system is not the main event.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017

Because ultimately it's a complaint that this free game isn't giving away enough free stuff

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
The loot drop balance in this game is fucking trash, I am so tired of dropping and finding buildings filled with either zero weapons, or only pistols. I had one house that had 3 P2020s in it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I just wish things were more affordable. Like I wanna spend $5 bucks or so but everything requires me to spend $10 or more lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Been having a blast with Lifeline tonight. Loads of kills and top 3's but the skill ceiling is getting high now so if you get matched up with a crap squad you don't stand a chance.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the other games in this genre give you 0 packs in 100 levels.

The fact that you're getting anything at all is being taken for granted. The goddamn game is free. It doesn't owe you anything, but it still gives you some shit without you spending a dime.

...and again, it's all frivolous extra stuff. You don't need any of it. It's not even like Fortnite where there are emotes and dances being performed in the temporary space before the drop, making people feel left out and peer pressuring them to spend. In its just skins in a first person game. You can easily ignore all of it and miss out on nothing.

For F-R-E-E!
Because ultimately it's a complaint that this free game isn't giving away enough free stuff
And I stand by it.

The game will make bank with whales, we know this. At least make Apex Pack drops better for other players.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well finally did better then lasting 3 minutes tonight. Ended up in 2nd. Had to go sweaty mode with the Wingman and wipe a squad to put us in the last 3.

Unfortunately one teammate dropped and the other died during the fight. I was able to call him back in from outside the zone but we had no extra supplies. Had to drop him my r99 and just use the Wingman.

Knew the only thing we could do was 3rd party the last battle but we didn't win. I think today besides the first day is the only time I didn't get a win when I played.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I stand by it.

The game will make bank with whales, we know this. At least make Apex Pack drops better for other players.
I hate to use the "E" word, but complaining about not getting enough free shit in your free game is... wow.

In any case, again, until we see how the battle pass works we really have no fucking idea how normal people are intended to acquire cosmetics. Think of this period as "early access." Except 100% for free, and actually polished.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the sweatys are def out there today. Also so many xxXTwitchproXxx names as well. People streaming and saying "yo thanks for the subscription bro" over and over again. This new age of gamers is weird. They are making this into a lifestyle/career. They just hop from one game to another like vultures.

It just feels nasty to me. But who am I to judge?

Pathfinder main 4 lyfe - hitboxes be damned!
Yes I'll never give up on him! I'm just disappointed.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to use the "E" word, but complaining about not getting enough free shit in your free game is... wow.

In any case, again, until we see how the battle pass works we really have no fucking idea how normal people are intended to acquire cosmetics. Think of this period as "early access." Except 100% for free, and way more polished.
Ehhh

It's a great game, I have nothing but praise for it. Still, limiting Apex Pack drops to 45 with a level cap of 100 is not something I like about the game.

You might look at it as me complaining about not getting enough free shit and I think they shoukd be more lenient with it. The way the game is going right now they'll make bank anyway.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
I think shit is too expensive. $15 for a fucking weapon skin??? I would buy a bunch of skins if they were like $5-7. Hell, I'd buy epic skins for characters if they were like 10. I am looking forward to a battle pass, though. I think those are worth $15-20

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Ohhh my new favorite thing people are starting to do. Solo drop with their buddy but don't let me know. No ping at all. I'm the jump master and jump out only for it to be me and I have to quickly change direction. That happened twice tonight.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You might look at it as me complaining about not getting enough free shit and I think they shoukd be more lenient with it. The way the game is going right now they'll make bank anyway.
Be happy you're getting anything at all for free. Other games don't even give you shit without you opening your wallet.

This is a publicly traded corporation here. It's a fucking miracle that they're giving us as much as they are.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Apex is in exactly the same place as Path of Exile when it comes to microtransactions.

They will never get a dollar from me outside of battlepasses and tabs because paying 18$ for a skin or an armor set is absolutely ridiculous, free game or not.

Like i would glady pay 60$ for the entire game (base game obv) with the ability to earn the items i am missing but thats obviously not possible because they know they can get faaaaaaar more money by making every little thing expensive.

Which is a shame because i WANT to spend money to support the game but i cannot willingly waste money on something so expensive.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apex is in exactly the same place as Path of Exile when it comes to microtransactions.

They will never get a dollar from me outside of battlepasses and tabs because paying 18$ for a skin or an armor set is absolutely ridiculous, free game or not.

Like i would glady pay 60$ for the entire game (base game obv) with the ability to earn the items i am missing but thats obviously not possible because they know they can get faaaaaaar more money by making every little thing expensive.

Which is a shame because i WANT to spend money to support the game but i cannot willingly waste money on something so expensive.
You might be willing to spend $60 for the base game, but they wouldn't have sold 25 million copies of the base game during the first week if it cost $60. You don't speak for most of the player base, who is only here because the game was free. Hell, I bet at least half of the people complaining about skin prices in this thread wouldn't have bought the game at full price in the first place. The only reason some of you are even upset about skins is because EA gave the game away for free. That's the business model.

At the end of the day, they make more money with this pricing. It's the same as in Fortnite where the legendary skins cost $20 each. These are proven price points for this stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only person who, when scavenging a coffin, get shot at and press escape, only to fuck myself by it opening my settings/exit menu instead of closing out the actual coffin?

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
Just got carried by 2 nice people lol respawned me 3x..I always had no weapons till end. We got to 2nd place but could've won if I shot better at last group. Got one down but last one died at reloading shotty...

Status
Not open for further replies.