• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
The video of her getting up with support from the nurses is heartbreaking.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I've had two spinal surgeries, one to put in instrumentation and one to remove. Not to compare with this (and I don't rly feel interested in getting into specifics about it either) but car rides felt like my body was a bag full of sharp knives. Not fun. The scar tissue is annoying and still causes lots of radiating pain but in the aftermath of that kind of surgery it can feel a lot worse in the immediate short term, cause even things like breathing and minor movements send you into pain. Heaven forbid you sneeze, holy fuck. You don't know how to walk after a spinal fusion, you start that again which can take some weeks tho I guess it depends on where the surgery location/injury was

(edit 20 minutes later) I want to add the point tho that the experience of pain might be a 9 out of 10 in that post surgery period but long term it does get better. The only other big thing to worry about is how life changing the injury turns into, and that is going to be very different for different people for lots of reasons. How it impacts your lifestyle, or your job, or just general happiness. These aren't trivial things even if you aren't in pain every single second.

Last edited:

Flavius

Oct 28, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've had two spinal surgeries, one to put in instrumentation and one to remove. Not to compare with this (and I don't rly feel interested in getting into specifics about it either) but car rides felt like my body was a bag full of sharp knives. Not fun. The scar tissue is annoying and still causes lots of radiating pain but in the aftermath of that kind of surgery it can feel a lot worse in the immediate short term, cause even things like breathing and minor movements send you into pain. You don't know how to walk after a spinal fusion, you start that again which can take some weeks tho I guess it depends on where the surgery location/injury was

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you and good gravy, I can't even fathom the pain.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
She just started streaming again for the first time since TwitchCon:

View: https://www.twitch.tv/adrianachechik_

She said she's happy with the progress she's making right now and seems positive that she'll eventually make a full recovery.

"I will be OK. I'm not OK physically; mentally I'm getting there. But I will be OK."

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. This whole story keeps getting more heartbreaking. :(

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god, that's so tragic. Fuck the exhibitor and fuck twitch. No amount of money is worth the pain and suffering she's going through right now, but I hope she takes as much as she can from them.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingModernCourgetteAMPEnergyCherry-ayJYcJcw1W3QgeAz
Not only a miscarriage, but she can't bend down, can't shower herself, and can't pick up anything more than a pound in weight. Absolutely horrible. She's really brave for even trying to stay positive through all this.

Yea everything is awful here. Absolutely everything. Hoping she recovers as well as possible physically and mentally. I hope she gets a truly massive settlement. If anyone is clearly deserving it would be her. I expect PI attorneys are lined up around her block.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Unbelievably sad.
It's infuriating that a person's life can change so drastically just because some people couldn't be arsed to do the bare fucking minimum.
I hope she gets all the help and support she needs.

Gwynn

Mar 2, 2019
Ugh... I can't imagine losing a pregnancy like that...

What a horrible and preventable situation.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
No!! what a horrible thing to read. Poor woman, that's devastating to find out. I wish her all the best after all this šŸ™