Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel just officially confirmed that Ant Man is set before IW:

From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes "Ant Man and The Wasp,"a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink. In the aftermath of "Captain America: Civil War," Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a Super Hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his home life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he's confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside The Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.

They are gonna need to handle this just right because the idea of having to wait for Part 2 already kinda has me pissed off.

FrakEarth

Oct 25, 2017
Liverpool, UK
Enjoyed it more the second time as expected. The Star-Lord/Gamora love story still feels really forced to me though, felt like an unearned leap from GOTG2 as much as I remember.

That didn't feel like a leap to me at all. In GOTG1 Gamorra was eye-rolling his advances, but they had the whole "pelvic sorcery" argument, by the end of the film she's a dancer. In GOTG2 that flirtation continues, and with Yondu gone at the end, there's an acknowledged affection there at the funeral scene. The desperation of her plea to be mercy-killed if Thanos takes her seemed like a perfectly opportune moment to introduce a first kiss to me.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed it more the second time as expected. The Star-Lord/Gamora love story still feels really forced to me though, felt like an unearned leap from GOTG2 as much as I remember.

I don't agree. I think them being honest about how they feel, stripping away any facade, made sense with them facing such a dire situation. Like people getting married before one of the couple goes to war - that kind of 'If the worst happens I don't want this unsaid' love.

Well, I thought it was well done.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
considering DD S3, LC S2, JJ S3 and IF S2 are all confirmed... no :P

the Russo's "oh Hawkeye is very important" or whatever they said bullshit still doesnt sit well wtih me, so now im thinking their claims that Ant-Man and The Wasp being important to IW are just as bullshit. It will be completely self containted and the quantum realm wont factor in A4 at all, but there will be like a post credit scene connecting the movies I guess.

I think the Hawkeye stuff just got way overblown and the Russos just didnt handle it very well. He wasnt in any of the trailers and posters and they should have just said they were saving him for the next movie. Dont know why they were telling people that, but they really should have just said no hes not in it.

The Ant-Man and the Wasp will tie-in in some way im sure. Either directly, or with a post credits scene (like you said). Hopefully once they start talking more about A4 this stuff will get cleared up abit more.

------

Wonder how long the Netflix/Marvel deal is good for. Things will get really wonky once they get their own streaming service up and running. But I really hope they either work with Netflix, or allow them to atleast continue their shows till they can have a satisfying end point. Like them or not, the Netflix shows have a really good universe all on their own, and if Marvel decides to do new shows like Moon Knight or Blade, it would really be a shame to have them on their own, separate from the Netflix shows.

Really just want to see more Daredevil lol...

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
considering DD S3, LC S2, JJ S3 and IF S2 are all confirmed... no :P

the Russo's "oh Hawkeye is very important" or whatever they said bullshit still doesnt sit well wtih me, so now im thinking their claims that Ant-Man and The Wasp being important to IW are just as bullshit. It will be completely self containted and the quantum realm wont factor in A4 at all, but there will be like a post credit scene connecting the movies I guess.

I can't help but wonder if Infinity War is going to help or hinder Ant-Man's box office take.

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Just thinking about film all day after seeing it last night. I honestly think that Josh Brolin steals this movie. He took what could have been a generic big bad guy and gave a performance that added depth. I love that they gave Thanos a logical reason to destroying half of the universe.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I want to add, is that they thankfully went all in with the Avengers theme. Using it three or four times, I think it's super important and it was really effective when cap showed up.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After Thanos gets the soul stone, when he's laying in the water with the eclipse in the background, could that be a reference to Berserk? Man, it really reminded me of that.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Just put a tie-in in trailers and it 100% will help
The movie releases in july, not june :p

But what's the more likely outcome?

A) Moviegoers are absolutely exhausted by the weight of Avengers Infinity War and can't stomach another superhero film for a good while.

B) Moviegoers are hyped by Infinity War and are anxious to consume as many superhero films as studios can throw at them.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sat here as the credits are rolling, what the fuck just happened, holy shit. They fucking did it.

They did. A live-action comic book crossover event, executed brilliantly. I wish I could go back in time and tell my 13-year-old self that one day he'd be in a theater watching a glorious adaptation of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline. Fucking Thanos will be a household name from now on, this whole MCU thing is bonkers.

Ebony Maw was definitely the best of the BO.

Absolutely.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A) Moviegoers are absolutely exhausted by the weight of Avengers Infinity War and can't stomach another superhero film for a good while.

B) Moviegoers are hyped by Infinity War and are anxious to consume as many superhero films as studios can throw at them.
C) People gonna be torn apart by all their faves dying and want to see how they can save them

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

B. Watch Ant-Man and the Wasp outgross Solo:A Star Wars Story.

AndersK

Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Imagine Luis recapping the events of Infinity War to Scott and and phasing out of existence mid-way.

You're free to use this as the mid-credits stinger, Feige.

Oct 27, 2017
They should have followed through on Rocket wanting to get Bucky's arm by having Bucky disintegrate but his arm stays and then Rocket picks it up. But they didn't.... cowards.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't do a joke when half the universe is getting phased out of existence

Whedon would've found a way.

It would've been out of place and unfunny, but he'd have done it.

Although Fury had a funny moment, but that was almost needed after everything else, and it was when people had taken in the events prior.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So Strange looks into millions of potential futures, and sees only one that they win in. I imagine that in at least one of the failed futures they manage to get the Gauntlet off of Thanos' hand, and they still would've lost after doing so.

Phew, what a movie.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Brothers, how did this happen? What the fuck was all of that movie. I'm shook.

It was perfection.

Although Fury had a funny moment, but that was almost needed after everything else, and it was when people had taken in the events prior.

That's the craziest thing for me, how well the funny and dark elements gelled together. The writers and directors were firing on all cylinders for this movie.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark

Honestly, after everything that happened, I can't really think of a better line to close out the movie on than "Motherfu-" It felt earned. The full curse would have felt earned, too.

Broken Joystick

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
England
I'm so glad I wasn't spoiled on the Red Skull appearance. Imagine Cap seeing him again, he'd be fucking SHOOK.
This truly is the best Cinematic Universe.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Thanos having already got the first stone at the start of the movie was a bit of a bummer, I wanted to see that.

That's my only real quibble with an otherwise glorious movie though. Loved every second - the wait for the next film is going to be agony.

Oct 25, 2017
My immediate thoughts getting out of the theater tuesday were "This generation's Empire Strikes Back." And "This is going to make children cry en masse."

Bravo, Marvel. It's been a while since a super hero movie actually felt like the events were impactful on the universe.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
My friends thought Tony's team would successful take infinity gauntlet off Thanos and Thor would finish battle of Wakanda.... but NOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.