• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Looks so interesting, been getting a lot of good impressions in the eShop thread. Will buy as soon as I get home.

Deleted member 33409

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
This game was really great to watch at the Nintendo Three House stream last year. Looks simple, but I remember that every stage has multiple ways to be solved. The creator wasn't sure how much time till launch because he wanted to add more puzzles, and yet there were already like 100-150 puzzles.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
These reviews are getting me really excited! Just need the work day to go by faster.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
It feels like even if the game could be worth a 95MC, it won't receive it because some testers will have an upper limit for an "ugly" puzzle game; I really hope I'm wrong and that it's my negative confirmation bias against game journalists that is talking. I came home early today; let's fucking do this.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like even if the game could be worth a 95MC, it won't receive it because some testers will have an upper limit for an "ugly" puzzle game; I really hope I'm wrong and that it's my negative confirmation bias against game journalists that is talking. I came home early today; let's fucking do this.

If Stephen's Sausage Roll can have a 90 Metacritic, there's hope yet.

This game's in my head. I'm looking at screenshots trying to solve them when I'm still not fully clear on all the mechanics!

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017

Basically what I was saying in the previous page :-)

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
This is going to be the first game I buy at launch since... Stephen's Sausage Roll, actually. Look, I know my tastes, and Sokoban derivatives rank highly.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Stuck on this puzzle. Any ideas?

Baba is You

eShop is Slow

Update is Late

riODvbE.png

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Stuck on this puzzle. Any ideas?

Push Eshop and Is up one, then push You down, so Eshop is you instead. Now move eshop around to put the T from Late to a couple of spaces to the right of the BABA IS... caption. Finally push the OU from YOU up, to make BABA IS OUT. Simples!

Yes, I know that's not how it actually works, but it's tricky with the options available otherwise

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
Been waiting for this game since it was first shown off. Now, to get on PC or on Switch...

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I hope it releases on the eshop soon. I think the snow will cut the internet and or power in the next few hours, so I'd like to have it downloaded before then.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Here is my review. 9/10

Some excerpts:
Baba Is You is a blooming kaleidoscope of esoteric delights. Every time you think that you have a complete grasp on the mechanics and how everything "works," a stage will come along and introduce a new word, or challenge, that forces you to completely change your thinking. It insists on making a complete mockery of player assumptions, and rewards creativity in the most gratifying ways.
The player experience is a pendulum that ceaselessly ticks and tocks between sentiments of "this is impossible," and "wow, I'm a genius." Solutions always seem to come suddenly and unexpectedly, triggering a rush of dopamine stimulation that you want to experience again and again. Not since The Witness or the original Portalhave I been so addicted to solving puzzles in a game.
. . .
You may find that Baba Is You is the perfect game to play with the non-gamer in your life. As a lifelong gamer, Baba Is You has completely broken my trained sensibilities. I never realized how rigid I am in my compartmentalization. My ability to quickly define obstacles, rules, and objectives is what makes me great at most games, but that skillset is no boon, here. In fact, I found that my wife, who is practically incapable of navigating to the end of a stage in Super Mario World, is much quicker to see possible exploits or alternative solutions for any given puzzle in Baba Is You.
I've been playing video games for 30 years, so at times I feel like I've seen it all. Baba Is You surprised me. It truly perplexed and bamboozled me, and for people like me and gamers in my circle, I can think of no higher praise than that. So many modern puzzle games indulge a kind of synthetic difficulty that wears you down, but Baba Is You feels organic and inspired. [You] Play [BabaIsYou] and [BabaIsYou] Plays [You].

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Watched TieTuesday stream this a few nights ago. I'm fucking sold, this is both a cool concept and an interested way to get someone to wrap their heads around programming.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
How much content is in this game, roughly? I'm talking hours; I am aware that there are about 200 levels/puzzles within.
It's really hard to say. It may be months before we see averages. I can tell you that, as soon as the end of world one and into world two, individual puzzles were taking me anywhere from five minutes to an hour. More than once I had to walk away from puzzles completely and go back to them a day later before I was able to finally work something out. Mileage is going to vary greatly for each person. I can say for sure, though, that it is "greater than $15 worth" hours long.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's really hard to say. It may be months before we see averages. I can tell you that, as soon as the end of world one and into world two, individual puzzles were taking me anywhere from five minutes to an hour. More than once I had to walk away from puzzles completely and go back to them a day later before I was able to finally work something out. Mileage is going to vary greatly for each person. I can say for sure, though, that it is "greater than $15 worth" hours long.

Ah that sounds really, really good! I like it when I have to let a puzzle stew in my brain for a little bit until I can figure it out.