• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Just started watching this show last night. Thought I'd just watch the pilot, but ended up burning through three episodes in a row. Noho Hank is a goddamn gem.

Also, man, the struggling-actor deep cuts. All of them. All the time.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
How can this show manage to juggle between super dark moments to extremely funny comedy like it's nothing?

Grats to Hader and everyone involved, this is a gem and i love that it is taking a BB-esque turn for the serious.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this was so so so good. fughes on the balcony and barri in the parking lot of the hotel killed me.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the face hader makes in the final frame of this episode should be on the $20 bill.

Oct 30, 2017
Loving this show. I thought he was going to beat the shit out of Sam right in the beginning of the episode.

Poor Barry stuck in this endless cycle of killings.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
ERA voted Barry #12 and Westworld #14 last year.
West world shouldn't be on the list at all :P

Loving this show. I thought he was going to beat the shit out of Sam right in the beginning of the episode.

Poor Barry stuck in this endless cycle of killings.
I wouldn't say poor Barry. Dude is a killer through and through. He doesn't HAVE to keep killing. If he really wanted to change he could. But he keeps going back to it because it is who he is as a person. I enjoy that theme theyre exploring this season tho. Theyre doing a fantastic job.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The girlfriend and I started this series last week after getting HBO for Game of Thrones. We binged through all of season 1 last week and caught up on season 2 yesterday. Real talk, this series is better than Game of Thrones at the moment.

The way this show juggles dark and serious scenes and laugh out loud comedy is god damn impressive. And yeah, Bill Hader is great, but Noho Hank is the star of the show.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That honestly might have been one of the best plot twists I've ever seen lol

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
This show is fantastic. They are not afraid to blow through material.

My dream is that this show ends and Hank gets a spinoff, with the exact same title card and music that just says "HANK," and it's his current life but he realizes he wants to try acting too, just like his best friend Barry.

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Loving this season. I loved what they did with the title card this week and the ending was unexpected and incredible. NoHo Hank continues to slay me. He's the best.

Oct 25, 2017
This show is fantastic. They are not afraid to blow through material.

My dream is that this show ends and Hank gets a spinoff, with the exact same title card and music that just says "HANK," and it's his current life but he realizes he wants to try acting too, just like his best friend Barry.

You're a genius and this would be the greatest show of all time. HBO MAKE IT SO

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Binged S1 last night after seeing some passive recommendations in another thread. Really great. NoHo Hank, man.

I'm sure it's been said but the balance of comedy/drama has those familiar Grand Theft Auto vibes for me.

edit: WHAT?!?!

Last edited:

Scythe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What an episode! Wow.
"He's dead."
New loose ends are the little girl and cameras in the grocery store.