• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man I was pretty skeptical but that trailer looks awesome. It looks like a good mix of big open combat areas and areas with close quarters combat. Some even remind me of BF4 (Rotterdam looks a bit like Seine) etc. I am (cautiously) hyped.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I was pretty skeptical but that trailer looks awesome. It looks like a good mix of big open combat areas and areas with close quarters combat. Some even remind me of BF4 (Rotterdam looks a bit like Seine) etc. I am (cautiously) hyped.
Apparently the Origin Access subs get one or two 10 hour trial keys to give out so you'll be able to try it out here probably.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
  • Monday, November 5th
    • Blog – Battlefield V PC Player's Performance Guide - Prepare your best rig and reap the benefits of Battlefield on PC.
    • Web – The Modes of Battlefield V – Battlefield.com will be updated with the rundown of modes available on launch day.
  • Tuesday, November 6th
    • Takeover - @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Jaqub Ajmal, Producer – Jaqub will be taking to Twitter and showing us an insider look at live services production.
  • Wednesday, November 7th
    • Takeover - @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Jaqub Ajmal, Producer – Jaqub will be taking to Twitter and showing us an insider look at live services production.
  • Thursday, November 8th
    • Video – Battlefield V Launch Capture Event Game Changers Experiences – Our Game Changers who attended the past weekend's launch capture event will be releasing their personal experiences with Battlefield V.
    • Video – Battlefield V Dev Talks #7: Grand Operations – In this episode, we talk about Grand Operations and development of the mode.
    • Blog – Battlefield V Launch Notes – Although we summarize the various improvements and updates we've rolled into launch since Beta, there will be a link to the full launch notes where you can dive into the thick of what we've changed.
    • Blog – How to Play Battlefield V's Grand Operations – A guide on how to play Grand Operations with pro tips from our DICE Devs.
  • Friday, November 9th
    • Launch – Battlefield V Early Access Launch – Jump into Battlefield V early with Origin Access Premier (PC), Origin Access Basic (PC), and EA Access (Xbox One). Reference the Ways to Play Early blog for access breakdown details.
    • Trailer – Battlefield V Official Launch Trailer – A brand-new trailer as we celebrate the early access release of Battlefield V.
    • Blog – Battlefield V Overview – Learn about what's new to the franchise with the release of Battlefield V in this blog.
    • Blog – New to Battlefield V? – If you're new to Battlefield or Battlefield V, this blog will give you some tips on where to start and how to get acclimated as soon as possible.
    • Blog – Battlefield V Bootcamp – Pro tips and video tutorials to help you along your way as you play Battlefield V.
    • Article - Battlefield V Weekly Debrief – Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums. ICYMI, here's last week's Battlefield V Weekly Debrief.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm so hyped for this game. I was going to get the boxed deluxe edition from Game, but I'd be paying £80.00 just to lay it five days earlier. I'm holding off till the the 20th.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
DrOZ58sXcAEnj7r.jpg

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The 10 hour trial on the 9th will be brutal because then I have to wait till the 15th. Argh!!

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The 10 hour trial on the 9th will be brutal because then I have to wait till the 15th. Argh!!
Dont play to much and remember to close the game. Someone said do every time 2 matches. You get those daily rewards also every day. Instead of blowing through 10 hours right away.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Dont play to much and remember to close the game. Someone said do every time 2 matches. You get those daily rewards also every day. Instead of blowing through 10 hours right away.
That makes great sense but knowing my luck, I will blow the 10 hours in one go just leveling the Medic haha.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Might sub to EA Access to try the game out...

Wasn't even thinking about getting the game till I started playing BF1 on my X a couple days ago.

Sighhh

Since I just started being interested in BFV, can anyone link me a good video overview of the game? What's new/changed/etc.

Steve McQueen

Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Looking forward to play this on november 9. Just checked my Access account ( became a
member last year for Titanfall 2 amongst others ) and my sub ends november 9.... O_o

Still on the fence though. The maps look great!

The Deluxe Edition is 79,99 ( at least in some shops in the Netherlands ). Do you guys reckon it's worth the extra 20 euro?

Last edited:

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
Just got my origin access premier sub in, deluxe edition preordered on ps4 from September. Depending on how much my local crew likes the PC version, I might just bite on the base edition down the line. So pumped for Friday!

ScatheZombie

Oct 26, 2017
So, Origin Access gives 10% off purchases. Can you buy games that you have 'unlocked' with an Access sub? Can I get the sub for the first month of BFV, then use the 10% discount to buy the game outright before my sub expires?

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So, Origin Access gives 10% off purchases. Can you buy games that you have 'unlocked' with an Access sub? Can I get the sub for the first month of BFV, then use the 10% discount to buy the game outright before my sub expires?
Yes. Thats what i always do. At the end its still cheaper and you can play the trial. So win win.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
so when will this be playable for xbox? i bought the deluxe version.

edit: nvm it was answered on the previous page.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Starting weapons.

• Assault – Sturmgewehr 1-5
  • Support – KE7
  • Medic – Sten
  • Scout – Lee Enfield No. 4 Mk1

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its the biggest game on the system as far as i know. Battlefront 2 and battlefield 4 are right around 100 gigs as well. So i imagine bfV will get around that size in a couple months.

BF4 on PC is 68gigs. Weird that console is so much more.

So, my pre-order of the normal version won't get early launch at all? That is kind of a bummer to be honest. Oh well, I'll just wait then.

DICE, you better put more than just Suomi-kp there from Finland! I will write a bitter forum post if there isn't no more stuff for the best country in the war (I mean, kind of a draw with SU, fought against Soviets AND Germans, invented the sexy-as-hell name for Molotov's Coctails...).

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll wait til March and see what content is available then. The beta didn't do much for me, didnt like either map. I'm also worried about the PC population, BF1 fell off real hard and it became hard to find specific Operations games not long after launch.

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Cant wait. I will finish RDR2 by the time this releases. Loved the beta

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
Might sub to EA Access to try the game out...

Wasn't even thinking about getting the game till I started playing BF1 on my X a couple days ago.

Sighhh

Since I just started being interested in BFV, can anyone link me a good video overview of the game? What's new/changed/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZW4cPUIVf4

DICE, you better put more than just Suomi-kp there from Finland! I will write a bitter forum post if there isn't no more stuff for the best country in the war (I mean, kind of a draw with SU, fought against Soviets AND Germans, invented the sexy-as-hell name for Molotov's Coctails...).

:)

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Hope you guys fixed the HDR slider on console. It was broken in the beta :P

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Do we know if respawns take as much time as they did in the beta? It was really annoying to hold L2 (?) for 5 seconds and then wait another 10 seconds to get back in the game.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I gotta ask... I can't be the only one who hates this blue/orange iconography they've been rolling with, right?

Its so lame and generic and is completely inappropriate for the historical settings (feels way too flashy and modern) but they've been at it for so long I guess its just become a brand recognition thing...? It worked for BF3 but ugh. I hate it.

A tiny nitpick I know, just gives me vibes that all the BF games are stamped out of the same machine, that they have no identity of their own. Obviously thats not the case when you actually play the game but why the fuck market it like that.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sad the BR mode got delayed. :(

Frostbite is a damn dream of a graphics engine. Runs like a horse with a carrot.

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I gotta ask... I can't be the only one who hates this blue/orange iconography they've been rolling with, right?

Its so lame and generic and is completely inappropriate for the historical settings (feels way too flashy and modern) but they've been at it for so long I guess its just become a brand recognition thing...? It worked for BF3 but ugh. I hate it.

A tiny nitpick I know, just gives me vibes that all the BF games are stamped out of the same machine, that they have no identity of their own. Obviously thats not the case when you actually play the game but why the fuck market it like that.
The UI and art have felt so lifeless it sucks. The visuals themselves are incredible but presented in this starile way I hate

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

If you go in expecting a WW2 game, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Better to think of it as a giant WW2 enactment being held in modern times by the airsoft crowd. That kind of squares away the bizarre schizophrenic tone and anachronistic elements.

As to why they went this way, I know they said that the two key areas for BF5 were immersion and squadplay, but they were lying. The two key elements are microtransactions and squad play, and when you look at it from that perspective their decisions start to make more sense.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Really curious about visual improvements that have been made to the X1X and Pro versions since the beta.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017

I actually really like it, it's flashy and instantly makes it recognizable as a BF game.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
If you go in expecting a WW2 game, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Better to think of it as a giant WW2 enactment being held in modern times by the airsoft crowd. That kind of squares away the bizarre schizophrenic tone and anachronistic elements.

As to why they went this way, I know they said that the two key areas for BF5 were immersion and squadplay, but they were lying. The two key elements are microtransactions and squad play, and when you look at it from that perspective their decisions start to make more sense.

... what is this post? What point or argument you are trying to make, I don't quite follow your train of thought?

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Fyi immersion doesnt mean realistic.