• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This trainwreck just won't stop...

What did I say about it getting delayed? lmao

This Reddit post sums up this game:

8y9cmtda5si31.png

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
I just did the Last Tiger, found all the letters, and did all the challenges. But for some reason, I wasn't awarded the skin. Anyone know why? Do I have to do every challenge from the earlier war stories?

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Found this interesting tid bit from the CM.

Some of the weapons/gadgets seen in the trailer were designed for the 5v5 or campaign/co-op modes specifically, so they didn't have the Specializations, Special Assignments, Spec Trees, correct skins, etc. that would be required for BFV vanilla.

That is some straight up bullshit right there. Keeping WEAPONs and GADGETs mode specific is a terrible idea.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pacific content delayed until 2020 and it's only going to be Wake Island!

Something like this is going to happen.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
lol, when Braddock sent that email out to the DICE dev team last week inquiring on what happened to all those weapons, I just knew they would reply with SOON.

OP
OP

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
in July.

wtf are they changing in 4.4 that causes critical errors? Patch is going to drop and be basically nothing meta wise I bet.
gotcha.

I wouldn't mind the issues that happen with the upcoming patch however, DICE has been dropping the ball with everything about BFV. I think the only time I saw the overall community excited was about the Pacific but that hasnt even been release yet so theres def a chance a few...mistakes will happen. SIgh* I want DICE to somehow save BFV but at this rate..

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is my moment of zen. Every debacle that is posted, I gain inner peace knowing I left long ago.

I hope they find their way in the next game.

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
lol, when Braddock sent that email out to the DICE dev team last week inquiring on what happened to all those weapons, I just knew they would reply with SOON.

Some of the weapons are 100% implemented, rigged, everything. Ready to go. They're just sitting on them. Not just American/Japanese stuff.

At this rate, the Chauchat will be released to rapturous applause from about a dozen people sometime between 2020 and the heat death of the universe.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
LOL, this is so depressing. It's sad that now I consider just uninstalling the game and just use that disk space on something else, but I have a bit of a hard time going back to past BF games, even though I am playing BF3 since it's the smaller of the recent titles.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping it as I don't want to redownload all the updates again. Major reason why I haven't redownloaded BF1. lol.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me the bizarre relationship this game has with smaller modes? Like, why are they not available 24/7 as demand dictates? Is the CC gain rate too high or something? I understand tying ToW into certain modes to encourage people to try new things but making modes unavailable is strange as hell.

I hope there's some small group or even one person just making bad calls on this project instead of the more likely and sad scenario of a once formidable studio gradually turning to dust.

Deleted member 55421

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
avCYPax.jpg

Still unhappy with the way things went, it is clear that the "game breaking bugs" is the codeword for the skeletal crew not meeting deadlines.

Honestly, I keep coming here cause I'm a fan of the other BF games, but I so don't care anymore. With MW and all the other games coming out, I really don't give a shit anymore.

They give me 2 maps on modes ill never play, a ranking system that should have been there day 1 (I got to max rank in days), Modes I don't give 2 shits about, maps with no WW2 ambiance....these guys have lost their touch.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018
Thinking about buying this on Origin, I know it has a bad rep at this point, but can you still have fun with it? I enjoyed BF1 and BF4, and the videos I've seen of this one seem like good 'ol battlefield.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about buying this on Origin, I know it has a bad rep at this point, but can you still have fun with it? I enjoyed BF1 and BF4, and the videos I've seen of this one seem like good 'ol battlefield.

It's free if you already have scrub tier access. That's how I play. As a "free" game it's alright. Just sorta permanently half baked. You will probably get a solid 50-100 hours out of it if you don't skip right off the surface.

Oct 14, 2018
If you're just getting into it, it's worth a purchase. There is plenty to do and see.
Can't you get 10 hour trial for free? Worst case scenario you can join the scrub-tier access for a few dollars for the month of BFV.
It's free if you already have scrub tier access. That's how I play. As a "free" game it's alright. Just sorta permanently half baked. You will probably get a solid 50-100 hours out of it if you don't skip right off the surface.
Ok, thanks guys!

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
> load up to play a few quick rounds
> get a squad that is playing the objective on comms, record score in progress on the way to a sure win
> session crashes and dumps us in menu with 50 tickets to go

BFV

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This game needs a post mortem. I want to know what went wrong and why they failed so badly. What is it like at DICE studio?

the pacific content is just a glimmer of hope. They'll probably release 3-4 maps, god knows if theyll all be conquest maps or if they dare add another 16 player map

pacific will probably have a good amount missing too, but itll be enough for them to be done with the service support.

no way are they doing anything after pacific.

I assume dice just want to be done with it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
They said the Pacific is going to be three maps at launch with one of them being Iwo Jima.

So I'm guessing:

Iwo Jima
Wake Island (it has a history with the franchise)
Whatever else

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Everything we talked about, I agree with him on everything in the video.

It's definitely an all time low for the franchise. We can only guess what is going on behind the scenes.

It's possible EA and DICE agreed to write off BFV after the initial sales due to the female soldier controversy and Soderlund putting his foot in his mouth. Maybe it really did trade places with BC3 at some point and it's just a sacrificial revenue-boosting lamb.

I think developers would be staying if things were looking up or there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

If David Sirland comes back from paternity leave and legit saves this game, give him control of all of DICE.

Oct 26, 2017
I think I had more fun with the Modern Warfare Beta than this game overall... Sad state we're in, I don't think Dice understands the community anymore.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Just got back into the game Mercury and Marita are new since I stopped playing. I usually only play large conquest or rush so I won't see Al Sundan anytime soon. There are some new bugs that I haven't seen before such as characters standing up while dead lol. The gunplay is still great and I like the attrition system and squadplay more than BF1.

Seems like things are in bit of a shit show. Metro + Al Sundan (large) + Pacific could be a nice injection of content if they release in a timely fashion around each other but they likely won't. Like many of you I'm looking forward to Modern Warfare, but I don't expect it to be a BF replacement. Even with the higher player count modes vehicles will be killstreaks and there's going to be obvious differences that won't scratch the BF itch. I expect MW to be great but don't get your hopes up that it will replace Battlefield. Hopefully it will put pressure on Dice to get their shit together though.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Yah its likely CoD Modern Warfare time for me.
Not even just because it'll have large scale maps like BF (which won't be fun thanks to insanely short TTK imo) but BFV's health state is just appalling.

I need my shooter fix and this ain't it chief.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
As a studio, what game does DICE themselves ACTUALLY want to make? Ignore the presence of EA, ignore the Star Wars license. What are they passionate about?
That's what I really want to know.

Dec 17, 2017
This is pure speculation on my behalf but I think a significant portion of DICE developers have been moved back to onto Battlefront 2 (and future projects). Why? Recent reports suggest that BFII player counts are nice and healthy, even reported as the same amount of players as at launch, which means a better chance of those users investing in microtransactions (or "recurrent user spending" as Jim Sterling would put it). Recent positive feedback to the game and its growing content has got people interested again and with a new Star Wars film on the horizon with content to go with it, its a good bet more players will be added in the coming months.
Contrast this with BFV which I would suggest loses more players every week and never seems to have any positive buzz around it - the new COD seems to be coming in hot and turning heads. Microtransactions don't seem to be working or we would have had vehicle skins months ago rather than just "soon". Bugs, false dawns and general consumer dissatisfaction are things that I'm sure that EA are all too aware of and they're going to give their main focus to things trending upwards, not downwards. Also, I suspect there is some contracual obligations involved with Disney for a new Star Wars film release and content for BFII.
Maybe I'm wrong and everything is all hands to the pump at DICE but things certainly don't feel right at the moment.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty firmly in the camp that whatever team is working on Battlefield V is nowhere near the scope of equivalent post launch time periods of predecessors. Wouldn't surprise me if staff have been allocated to Battlefront II, or Bad Company 3 or whatever the fuck DICE is working on. It's easy to be cynical while devs slave away on the Pacific Update, but when all we have to go off is the current dumpster fire it's hard to be positive.

4.4 having critical game breaking bugs or whatever shit isn't really surprising. The technical backend of the game hasn't ever not been a mess. It's got weirdass bugs now, like busted plane sounds when piloting, that came from who knows where. They probably patched in some trivial toggle button on a menu somewhere and it somehow caused Frostbite's ducktape to snap and now tanks can fly.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It has to be that. It cannot be other way. DICE must be a skeleton crew with everyone else doing anything else. I really can't see it being otherwise, it's too bad to be other thing

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The Pacific really has to be mind blowing if they want to win back some confidence in the game, but we all know it's going to be mediocre at best.

One positive point: at least they're not releasing the game breaking patches like they used to do, so that's progress I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.