• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm done until the patch. The ping is bothering me too much. 50 ping on the server browser and I'm getting 130 in game. It's ridiculous. I go play OW and my ping is 40. I go play CSGO and it's 30. I even go play a niche game like Quake Champions and it's 40. It's strange because in BF 1 my ping was in the 20s.

I'm willing to bet they are just going to go back to the bars like in Battlefront 2 then you can't complain about it because you don't know what it is.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
the biggest disappointment for me right now is the state of Firestorm. I think it's legit the best BR but they keep screwing things up and reintroducing old bugs. No one here seems to play it so it's tough for me to explain but something about it just really clicked with me.
I'd say the state of Firestorm is part of the reason so few people play it. Me, I almost exclusively play with a friend, so no duo kills it. No revive, lackluster looting & ping system and finaly cheaters are the final nails to the coffin.

With that said, I inherently have something against it because of how much dev time was invested on it while they were unable to also provide a good enough amount of core battlefield maps. Then how they didn't even make use of it and it's assets to bring us core Battlefield content, making a tdm & squad conquest only map from it with the release lofoten islands is a freaking slap to the face.
I already said as much but they have "the biggest map ever created for battlefield". People have been asking them to make a ( or multiple ) battlefield map out of it, as a way to get us content "for cheap"/quickly. Part of the community even took time to share to them example of how they could do it ( which part of the map they could use, where to put the conquest flags ). Yet 5 months later we get to see they yet again wasted dev time on yet another non core battlefield content, to actually create a new map which reuse assets but not the map itself of firestorm ( so probably more work involved ? ), and yet again couldn't be assed to make it compatible with the core battlefield experience.

IMHO it's mind boggling stupid, it's like at every step of the project they asked themselves how they could chase so many different market/players, that they wouldn't be able to please any of them, their current fan included.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
For Firestorm, the best thing recently is that they stopped trying to force us to play it in the latest Tide Of War weeks.

As for the mode itself, i don't care. At all.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Firestorm was undercooked and rushed. You can tell just by looking at the looting system. I don't know whose bright idea was to release it around the same time as Apex. Plus it was never F2P so it never stood a chance. However, with the amount of cheaters in this game, I don't even want to think about a F2P FS, lol.

To make matters worse Criterion dropped it and then just left. Sorry, we got other shit to work on. So, it's pretty much never going to see any type of substantial update or fixes.

Criterion could have made 3-4 maps then left. That would have been better value.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
My feel is that Ground War will make some players appreciate Battlefield more, and the ones that enjoy it... well perhaps domination and TDM will be less populated from now on. There was never any doubt that CoD wouldn't lend itself well to such a large scale mode for anyone that actually understood both games. One kill explosives, loose teamplay mechanics, twitchy vehicles; GW highlights why BF is balanced the way it is and I'd say that BF with this latest iteration has firstly the best pub-feel it has ever had, but it is also the closest it has been to any sort of competitive balance. Not a lot of bullshit (and a solid effort to remove any bullshit still there) along with a very readable and predictable environment both due to design and the low tech setting, and it is all down to the way DICE decided to balance infantry and ground vehicle combat for BFV.

So that's a solid outlook with Pacific incoming.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ground War made me think about maybe playing BFV again. I haven't touched it since Firestorm came out. Then I read this thread and think maybe I am good.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
The ping and server issues are still so bad. It feels like they have gotten worse actually. Keep getting 150+ ping with constant stuttering and audio glitches.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Why can't we get updates and communication like this for Battlefield?

Because they probably have a contractual requirement to provide X amount of support for Star Wars for Y time, whereas with their own games they no doubt look at the early metrics then fund or kill future support accordingly. Now you and I and almost everyone else might be thinking, "But hold on, if you kill support early, won't that mean it never does big numbers ever again, whereas if they invested in support that could reap both engagement and revenue?" Yes of course, but we aren't EA execs. They still haven't learned what GaaS means.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
BF V's PR or communication team is just a Trello board...lol
Yeah, I mean seriously.....
a0lm5fmlmjo31.jpg

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Braddock is on paid time off and no other community manager is covering for him apparently lmao.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
nothing like being in the zone playing with randoms. didnt realize what was going on till the end of the game. thatll be devastation 102, fjell 88 (both conquest) then arras 86 (breakthrough). shareplay or ps4pro capture in general is not good, hope they improve this next gen

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Why can't we get updates and communication like this for Battlefield?

Because with Battlefront we had to wait 2 years for something like that.

Trust me, you are getting more content in BFV that BF2 in 2 years.

We still have no new weapons added, new maps are the same number if not less in star wars, only one new mode and 2 vehicles.

Trust me, you do not wish BFV to be like BF2

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Still nothing to be heard from DICE

What the hell is going on. I am legit now expecting for 4.6 to be delayed with no actual date. I hope I'm wrong.

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Because with Battlefront we had to wait 2 years for something like that.

Trust me, you are getting more content in BFV that BF2 in 2 years.

We still have no new weapons added, new maps are the same number if not less in star wars, only one new mode and 2 vehicles.

Trust me, you do not wish BFV to be like BF2
Your words are sooo wrong, Battlefront has more variety in terms of content, it's not just Weapons and Maps. Community asks for reinforcements and heroes there, it's interesting to me that you don't mention the amount of heroes and reinforcements they've added (each have their own special abilities, voice lines, model and etc).

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Your words are sooo wrong, Battlefront has more variety in terms of content, it's not just Weapons and Maps. Community asks for reinforcements and heroes there, it's interesting to me that you don't mention the amount of heroes and reinforcements they've added (each have their own special abilities, voice lines, model and etc).
Right. In a multyplayer SHOOTER they added 6-8 heroes and that makes it good.

Who cares if you have to play them on basically the same maps, who cares if to unlock them in a match you have to use the same guns with the same gadgets. Anakin is in the game, so it's fine. And heroes have voicelines you say??? that is fantastic!!! I sure forgot about having only 4 guns per class for 2 years. And boy, the content is huge with the addition of skins for clones only, amazing

I don't get why BFV community complains about the content, after all, they are adding monthly melee weapons and guns, what a bunch whiny players, am I right?

People like you would have their mind blown by a proper GaaS support

KenobiLTS

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Right. In a multyplayer SHOOTER they added 6-8 heroes and that makes it good.

Who cares if you have to play them on basically the same maps, who cares if to unlock them in a match you have to use the same guns with the same gadgets. Anakin is in the game, so it's fine. And heroes have voicelines you say??? that is fantastic!!! I sure forgot about having only 4 guns per class for 2 years. And boy, the content is huge with the addition of skins for clones only, amazing

I don't get why BFV community complains about the content, after all, they are adding monthly melee weapons and guns, what a bunch whiny players, am I right?

People like you would have their mind blown by a proper GaaS support
Who says the same maps? Why are your trying so hard to prove your wrong point?
Since launch they've added 7 new maps (Crait, 2 new and big Geonosis maps, Felucia, 2 semi big Republic Cruiser and Separatist Dreadnought). And one planet on the way for EP9.
And again the community requests for Heroes and Reinforcements more than maps and weapons. I'm saying this because Ben Walke, the community manager, asked them what type of content they wanted and weapons weren't even in the top 5 picks.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Since launch they've added 7 new maps (Crait, 2 new and big Geonosis maps, Felucia, 2 semi big Republic Cruiser and Separatist Dreadnought). And one planet on the way for EP9.
And again the community requests for Heroes and Reinforcements more than maps and weapons. I'm saying this because Ben Walke, the community manager, asked them what type of content they wanted and weapons weren't even in the top 5 picks.

+they added Bespin, Jabba's Palace, Kessel maps.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Personally, I'd take Al-Sudan over Operation Underground anyday. A large vehicle map trumps a narrow lane meat grinder anyday. However, it would have been nice to have them both.

Battlefest - It's coming back for the lead up to Pacific, and will feature in Game Challenges that will allow Players to unlock the Trench Carbine, the Madsen MG, as well as other rewards that we'll be detailing closer to the start of Battlefest.

How is this different than ToW? Is it community based events like in Battlefront? If not, I don't see how it would be any different than ToW.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for Al-Sundan. The small mode adaptation has been fun, but full conquest will be great.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, they can't catch a break, can they? But theres still hope that the patch itself mixes up things enough since it was supposed to be so big. Let's wait for the patch notes.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Personally, I'd take Al-Sudan over Operation Underground anyday. A large vehicle map trumps a narrow lane meat grinder anyday. However, it would have been nice to have them both.

How is this different than ToW? Is it community based events like in Battlefront? If not, I don't see how it would be any different than ToW.

Yup, I agree. It's hillarious that the highlights of the update is fixing something that should have released three monthrs ago, and fixing problems introduced in the last patch, absolutely hillarious, but hey, the last large scale map we had is fucking PANZERSTORM. That was 9 or 10 months ago? I'll take Al Sundan.

And the bright side, is that Operation Underground is indeed delivered with 4.6, but set to go live in October, so it shouldn't be posponed, it just returned to it's original date. I imagine that plan A was delivering Al Sundan tomorrow, and plan B was giving Op.- Underground

I am now expecting the patch note to see what else is coming. I hope it's a good one.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Metro delayed lol

I can't imagine what the working conditions are at DICE. Some very overburdened employees stuck working on this mess, I imagine.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Humpf, i'd wager Metro is ready but they don't want to release both at the same time.

Wich sucks because i have very little interest in Soondan and am very exited for Metro.

As for the rest, i don't think i would use private matches anyway and who gives a fuck about Firestorm anymore ?

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
DICE sre a bunch of clowns. My lord.

Thanks for the compliment.

Metro delayed lol

I can't imagine what the working conditions are at DICE. Some very overburdened employees stuck working on this mess, I imagine.

Not delayed.

Actually, it's alright, just a regular job, you know.

Humpf, i'd wager Metro is ready but they don't want to release both at the same time.

Not ready yet. It is being finalised and it will arrive when it is ready. :)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
We just had three infantry focused maps in the row. Al-Sundan first makes sense if they aren't going to release both at the same time.

terrible

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If they ever manage to improve visibility dramatically they can delay content all they want and I'll still be happy.

*prays visibility fixes snuck their way into the patch somehow*

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why everyone is having a hissy fit. Operation Underground was always planned for October. Like I could understand being upset if they didn't fixed Al-Sundan and we weren't getting anything this month, but we are. Are ya'll that upset you can't sit in a tunnel and spam your MMG all day?

Yeah, I get it, nobody likes delays. I probably complain more than anyone here, but this is a non-issue.

September: Al-Sundan
October- Operation Underground
November- The Pacific

bfv-towcalendarvertical-2019.jpg

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I don't know why everyone is having a hissy fit. Operation Underground was always planned for October. Like I could understand being upset if they didn't fixed Al-Sundan and we weren't getting anything this month, but we are. Are ya'll that upset you can't sit in a tunnel and spam your MMG all day?

Yeah, I get it, nobody likes delays. I probably complain more than anyone here, but this is a non-issue.

September: Al-Sundan
October- Operation Underground
November- The Pacific

bfv-towcalendarvertical-2019.jpg

"We want more maps!!!"

*Goes and plays Metro 24/7 in RSP server for the 10000th time*

Aug 16, 2019
UK
You are so used to nothing that you are happy for it. Alla that in TWO fucking years, TWO. Since you clearly do not know what a proper GAAS is, know this: other non EA games add skins, heroes, weapons and maps all at the same time every 3 months. Imagine that magic.

I am happy you are satisfied with it, but don't you dare fucking use it as a good example when BFV in November will officially have more content added in half the time of BF2 and even that is bad compared to other titles

Status
Not open for further replies.