Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't give a shit about GaaS TraaSH. If the core content is good and the game works I can play the same damn thing for years.

Secondspace

Dec 12, 2017
I don't know why everyone is having a hissy fit. Operation Underground was always planned for October. Like I could understand being upset if they didn't fixed Al-Sundan and we weren't getting anything this month, but we are. Are ya'll that upset you can't sit in a tunnel and spam your MMG all day?

Yeah, I get it, nobody likes delays. I probably complain more than anyone here, but this is a non-issue.

September: Al-Sundan
October- Operation Underground
November- The Pacific

bfv-towcalendarvertical-2019.jpg
The tweet that links to the patch is using an image of the underground map. It's not really too big a deal, but they seem to have convinced a lot of people it was coming this month. A lot of players really like that map as well.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Will Al Sundan have a Rush mode supported? I'd hope all new large maps would support it.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Rush is a limited time mode that launches every now and then, so we don't know.

It has Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest and Team Deathmatch
Well supposedly Underground will support Rush when it circles back around so I was hoping the same could be said with Al Sundan and the Pacific.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I'd take Al-Sudan over Operation Underground anyday. A large vehicle map trumps a narrow lane meat grinder anyday.
Totally. That's a trade I take anyday.

Still, Op Underground delay is like, perfectly representative of the whole bfV content delivery. And at the same time I can't stop from wondering if it's not only for the sake of having something to deliver in october ( at least it's a choice they wouldn't have made if it wasn't for al soondan being ready ).
Then Private Games being delayed to chapter 5 ( not even october like Operation Underground.... also confirming chapter 5 being november at best... ) is also.... well sadly totally unsurprising ( bfV for ya ). And also mean I'll have to deal with yet another map I don't want to play, with no private server with a custom map rotation to avoid that problem. ffs
As expected, even with a 3 month delay, they manage to release the second grand scale battle map with still not rebalancing of the whole plane/AA side of the game......
Otherwise, seems like a good patch.

edit : didn't we also loose the MMG rework/balance, for the sake of yet another sidearme pass/Revolver nerf to oblivion ?

Last edited:

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Half the weapons in the game aren't viable and they are fucking around with long range pistol damage...

DoubleD

Nov 2, 2017
EST
They can keep metro.
I still have flashbacks from the original. Hurts, man.
I'm stoked to play a new vehicle map.
Edit for grammars

icecold1983

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
dont care at all that metro is delayed. we already have fjell for that garbage ass, mindless spam. i do care about private servers tho. that will be the only cheat protection we get

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Personally, the weapon balance seems fine to me (sure there are a few outliers like with anything). If anything, I think they played it too safe this time around. All the weapons are extremely similar. They only differentiate them by small stat increases, the RoF here or maybe this has a bigger mag. It's one of the reasons I really like the Breda. It actually felt like something new and unique. Previous titles gave you a huge amount of weapons and tons of customization options. So the same weapon could be played different ways, it really allowed players to experiment (even though most are drawn to the OP setups, like with any multiplayer game).

Overall, I think the skill tree was a step back. Sure, it's easier to balance, but it's stale, limiting, and leads to boring gunplay.

Last edited:

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
And nothing about team balance as well, while this is certainly the worse problem of the game right now...

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
For people saying Underground isn't delayed:

The roadmap still has it at October because they never took the roadmap down and changed it. It's still up and still has false information on it.
Yesterdays tweet clearly says they "postponed" it to October, indicating it was to be released earlier and I think they even hinted at that the last few weeks.
So it's not weird that people are upset at yet another fuck up.
And yes I know the roadmap has fine print saying it's subject to changes, but don't keep it online if major parts of it aren't correct anymore.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
BF 2's new insta action and co--op mode is what Combined Arms should have been. It's nice to be able to play the game without the super hyper competition of playing against people with hundreds of hours. I can just level up my classes, star cards, and heroes. I can try out new things or practice certain areas I need to work on. It's nice and fun.

Combined Arms on the other hand is just a waste. It's just AI plopped down on limited areas of a map.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Ooh, I'm liking the ZK-383. Seems more consistent then the MP40.

It's a really good weapon. Specially after the buff, since it's a good balance between CQ and medium encounters. The Thompson is once again the king of hipfire madness

At lastDan

Heres the layout for Op Underground. Looks really good, thank god its not the same layout as Metro

Looks reeeeeeally good.

BF3 Beta Rush on Op Metro was my introduction to Battlefield after being a Modern Warfare 2 player every single day. I really look forward to Op Metro, but now I'm more of a vehicle player so... can't wait to leave work and play Al Sundan

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
It looks much wider than the original one. I'm really curious to know where the flags are and if they only kept 3 or added some.

The infamous locker room and adjacent stairs close to B seem to be much bigger now, with more than one access to the lockers. Feels really strange to be able to see the similarities but at the same time feeling that it will play completely differently.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It wouldn't be a DICE patch without a weird bug.

elenarie, Breakthrough attacking on Al- Sundan has British. The reinforcements call in Sturmtigers. I called in an AT halftrack and it gave me a Sturmtiger. Everyone has Sturmtigers, lol.

sturm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.