• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
I had like three serious dates in my life, one of them showed me horse pictures for like half an hour (it felt like an eternity), its not a huge red flag but sometimes you just know somethings not quite right with a person obsessed with horses that much.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I once looked at horse dicks for like 2 hours with a girl in the college library but nothing really came of it

I think she liked the horse cocks better than me

Last edited:

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
Third date. We were watching Warcraft at my place. She was very hyperactive, constantly asking me what will happen, who will die, why people are doing certain things. I just nervously chuckled, and said "you'll have to watch the movie". Her response was to sulk like an eight-year old, but in a "cutesy" way. Crossing her arms and frowning like the grinch-

In general, it felt like dating an eight year old girl, so it creeped me out.

It's not a big red flag compared to other stories here, but I haven't had many bad dates.

I kind of quickly ended things after that. Then I saw her post some transphobic stuff on Facebook, so I cut her out.

Would just like to point out that the 8 year old thing might be a bigger issue for you than you thought, she might be into DDLG, and you didn't know.

Also given this forum attitudes to things like sounding I am going to go ahead and say don't Google that.

Oct 25, 2017
The void
I invited this guy over my house for a date/hangout. I wasn't feeling him before we met and tried to cancel it. He begged me not to and told me to give him a chance. I agreed to still meet.

The first thing he does when he goes into my house is go into the bathroom and take a shit. I was like wow, really? Ok. We sit down, have nothing to chat about. We decide to play a video game. He thinks all my video games are stupid or goes "that looks cool, but I would never play that." I put on a movie. He goes "can you turn the subtitles off? I really hate subtitles". I go umm... I'm hard of hearing (I wear hearing aids), and he goes "I know, but i really hate subtitles."

Then he goes to kiss me, and he tasted disgusting, like dead fish. He asks if I want to have sex and is like "but I hate condoms, they really irritate me. I dont do condoms". I was like oh, wow. I assume you get tested regularly? He then tells me he has never gotten tested in his fucking life. At that point I was like ok, this isnt gonna work, gtfo out lol. I told him to leave and he fucking texts me later to tell me he had a good time.

And I can't forget this gem. Before we met he had disclosed to me he always wears a buttplug, even at work all day because he likes the way it feels. -vomit emoji x 1000

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I had a girl talk to me for 15 minutes about how much she "loves to fuck" and bemoaning the fact that she hadn't done so in months.

I'm ace, so I was like "uhhhh... about that."

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
She said "I love you" on the first date, even before kissing or doing anything else.

Made me insanely uncomfortable.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
This is fucking sad, I really hope no one's done this to me.
I left some details out trying to keep it short as that part wasn't really relevant to this thread, but I ended up screwing up and making it quite misleading. I totally did develop feelings for, and probably even loved, the W sticker guy. For the most part, he treated me well, especially at the start of the relationship. BUT what I was trying to say is that I was desperate for a boyfriend and that's probably why I didn't just nope right out of there after seeing the sticker and his justification for it.

I didn't just break up with him because the other guy became available. I also was getting sick of the W guy's bullshit, and it conveniently coincided with the other guy becoming available. W guy was 9 years older than me, but also fairly immature emotionally. The final straw was when I learned he kept important things going on from me. How did I find out? Well, he told his mom, and his mom told my mom, and I heard about it from my mom. I asked him why the hell he kept this stuff from me and he said he didn't want to upset me. And this happened multiple times. Fuck that shit, I'm out. Communication is paramount in a relationship and he didn't get that.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I had like three serious dates in my life, one of them showed me horse pictures for like half an hour (it felt like an eternity), its not a huge red flag but sometimes you just know somethings not quite right with a person obsessed with horses that much.
This reminds me that W guy had a pee fetish (didn't make me indulge in his fetish or anything at least thank god), and I found peeing images on his computer. One of them was of a horse peeing.

So many red flags and I dated him for over a year. I was an idiot.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This reminds me that W guy had a pee fetish (didn't make me indulge in his fetish or anything at least thank god), and I found peeing images on his computer. One of them was of a horse peeing.

So many red flags and I dated him for over a year. I was an idiot.

I think he was into a bit more than just piss

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
I had a girl take me back to her house and pull out baby clothes that she knits in preperation for her first kid.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Nothing in particular, but the last date I went on was really boring. She had no enthusiasm for stuff, so I made an excuse to end it early and that was it.

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
...so were those dingens posts on the last page just an elaborate troll attempt or did my guy actually think The Continent, which has literally spent the last 6 years absolutely losing its goddamn mind over levantine refugees, doesn't have a racism problem?

(also the last time i went on a date with someone who isn't currently my partner which actually had red flags was like 7 years ago)

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Had someone ask me how much I make multiple times after deflecting throughout the date. I have no problem talking about money with friends or family, but when I just met them it comes across as real greasy. Couldn't wait to get out of there despite being pretty cool about the rest.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When she immediately demanded my Facebook and Instagram password

We had sex a couple of times, and she was pretty vanilla. Into some dom stuff, but not to that extent.

She didn't act like a hyperactive child when we were out and doing stuff, only when watching movies, so I suspect she just had a incredibly short attention span.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
First date with a girl and we meet up at some gourmet coffee shop. She orders the most expensive thing on the menu and immediately expects me to pay, and we're talking a $11 coffee. We sit at the coffee shop for about 30 minutes and the whole time she's talking about current drama in her family and doesn't leave me any room to talk. We decide to go see a movie afterwards--she still expects me to pay for that--and during the movie she's constantly trying to crawl into my lap. Not in a sexy way, but in a "hold me" sort of way. Normally? Kinda cute. First date? Nah son. Especially in a movie theater. It's made even worse that I'm a fairly small dude and she was taller than I was.

The theater wasn't super far from where I lived at the time, so I opted to walk there/walk home instead of driving. Well, she badgers me into letting her drive me home. Eventually I relent and as we pull up to my place, she shoves the car in park and immediately lunges over at me. In her hamfisted attempt to kiss me, she chips my tooth. Without giving me a moment to do anything, her tongue practically goes down my throat. After what felt like an eternity, I managed to escape what felt like a facehugger trying to shove an Alien down my gullet. Told her that I wasn't interested and needed to go. Miraculously I escaped her car and got up to my apartment without being followed.

Next day she texts me and calls me by the wrong name.

The date was nothing but a big red flag. I was just too much of a wimp to assert myself at the time.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
I don't date much, but this lady wanted to talk about religion and how much he loved her role in church. I mean, there is nothing wrong with that, but obviously it was not going to work. I tell her that honestly we believe in different worlds and it would be best for her to find someone who believes the same she does. She goes about that we would be fine together and whatnot... We tried dating but it didn't work.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I invited this guy over my house for a date/hangout. I wasn't feeling him before we met and tried to cancel it. He begged me not to and told me to give him a chance. I agreed to still meet.

The first thing he does when he goes into my house is go into the bathroom and take a shit. I was like wow, really? Ok. We sit down, have nothing to chat about. We decide to play a video game. He thinks all my video games are stupid or goes "that looks cool, but I would never play that." I put on a movie. He goes "can you turn the subtitles off? I really hate subtitles". I go umm... I'm hard of hearing (I wear hearing aids), and he goes "I know, but i really hate subtitles."

Then he goes to kiss me, and he tasted disgusting, like dead fish. He asks if I want to have sex and is like "but I hate condoms, they really irritate me. I dont do condoms". I was like oh, wow. I assume you get tested regularly? He then tells me he has never gotten tested in his fucking life. At that point I was like ok, this isnt gonna work, gtfo out lol. I told him to leave and he fucking texts me later to tell me he had a good time.

And I can't forget this gem. Before we met he had disclosed to me he always wears a buttplug, even at work all day because he likes the way it feels. -vomit emoji x 1000

What is? I like couldn't even imagine!

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I do envy the post-racial world outside the US.
My exact thoughts. Fuck outta here with that nonsense.
...so were those dingens posts on the last page just an elaborate troll attempt or did my guy actually think The Continent, which has literally spent the last 6 years absolutely losing its goddamn mind over levantine refugees, doesn't have a racism problem?

(also the last time i went on a date with someone who isn't currently my partner which actually had red flags was like 7 years ago)

I'm not gonna defend his later post with the strange blackface comparison and other stuff, but I assume that in his first post he was referring to how the word "race" translates in most European languages. It doesn't have the same meaning here. If you use the literal translation for the word in Finnish for example, it feels like you're making people of color to be like another species of human. As such, generally only hardcore racists use the word.

That doesn't mean we don't discuss racial issues (though absolutely, we don't do it enough) but the framing and the words used are generally a bit different. For example talking about the different ethnic groups is fairly common.

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Went on tinder during the date. I ain't mad though, got free cake and coffee out of it.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
A girl I had gone out with like 3 times told me that she loved me and that we needed to start planning and saving money for our future.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Oh, also forgot to mention, I think she pissed herself in anticipation of the Sex. Yeah, no

It's ok, I don't expect you Americans to understand it. Years in this community have thought me that cultural context matters A LOT in being able to understand seemingly basic concepts.
Every German knows, that if he'd imply the existence of biological human races in public, it would not end well for him or her. Does not mean there is no racism, it's just framed differently. The idea that there is no racism in Europe is just the weird take Americans always seemingly get from it, even though nobody ever claimed it. I guess it is just hard to understand that racism can work in different ways. I guess that is probably also because of different cultural backgrounds, and why americans don't understand how "white" brits can be racist towards "white" polish people.
It's kinda similar to how black face is handled, and how Americans can't comprehend that most Europeans do not understand it as inherently racist. Actually... I think it's quite a good analogy. The same way most Europeans don't understand blackface, 99% of Americans just don't understand why "Race" can be a sensitive topic. And I think, that if the U.S. ever wants to overcome their "race" issues, they absolutely need to have this debate first, because the continued usage of the concept and word just cements the status-quo

Lol, ok guy. Surely Europeans are at the forefront of racial equality because they don't talk about "race". Stop, I can only laugh so hard.

Nov 2, 2017
First date in high school, went to the local mall with a girl that my school friend set me up with. Was going fairly well as we talked and laughed the whole time, then randomly she threatened to stab me with her insulin needle if I tried to kiss her.

My friend later told me that she did in fact want to kiss me on the date.

She then went on to harrass my best friends on social media for a number of months after this date.

Freshman year, am I right?

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Went on a date with an anime-obsessed girl once, and it was one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had. She'd constantly throw in random Japanese words during our conversation, so I had to keep asking her what she meant (she's not Japanese, and doesn't actually speak Japanese fluently.) She had also adopted all these cliche anime mannerisms, and she kept doing them ALL. THE. TIME. You know the ones:

943a36027d5de91bc2461381a2862cae87799ebd65a9283254da0e7d5b78d171.gif

CjOn-NRUkAASxRw.jpg

Oi8v6ol.gif

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
One date i was on, She kept picking her nose while we were eating and talking. Then at one point, she reaches over to my plate fresh off another nose dig to grab a fry. I stopped eating, Paid my half of the meal, and left. Fucking gross.

Another date, Mid-way through a joint she admits she has a facial fetish.