MadJosh04

Nov 9, 2022
My dad's going to be super happy to finally watch this. He had knee surgery the week it come out in theaters so he wasn't able to see it.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
First one I skipped theatrically since Thor The Dark World. If my evening allows I'll give it a shot tonight.

Lord Bandi

Apr 30, 2020
Ah. It's start of Black History month, best way to capitalize on that.

Movie shoulda dropped on Christmas Eve…

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There's no need to have watched any of the current phase content that came before this, is there? I kinda stopped watching most recent Marvel content.

Ducayne

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe now I can finally make out the action. My cinema projector was sooooo dim when I saw this. All the cgi was so blurry and faint.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
A movie with two really good scenes, the opening and the ending... and some stuff in between that I honestly wouldn't be able to recall if you'd force me.

Such a disappointment after the fantastic first movie. It wasn't as much of a disaster as Love & Thunder, but it's also not at all memorable nor interesting.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Just rewatched it this morning. Yeah, this is my favorite stand alone film in the MCU. Pretty much everything just works for me.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Gonna watch it tonight for the first time. Feel like it'll have a hard time living up to the first one, but I'm just excited to see a new big Marvel movie.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I had mixed feelings about it but instead of going over negatives, I'll say that I loved:
- How they handled grief, letting the movie have long silent, sad moments
- The performances, especially Angela Basset
- Camera work and cinematography
- Namor

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I was a bit mixed on this. It was well directed and everyone was great, but I did not care for the story. Felt a bit lackluster.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
Watched it for the second time. Wanted to rewatch removed from the theater and the emotional connection to Chadwick Boseman. Not only did I enjoy it more than I did the first time (which I already loved it), but I think that it's a stronger script than the first movie. I'd argue that it's nearly flawless up to the final big battle between nations. Other than that? Beautiful freaking movie. It's a disservice to Coogler whenever people qualify its quality by prefacing "considering what he had to work with". The movie is amazing. Full stop. What an emotionally rich story from all sides. Best way to describe that experience is that it's full of 'texture'. So much of it.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
I think this movie was rather slept on and is better than the OG Black Panther. Excited to give it another watch.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
There's no need to have watched any of the current phase content that came before this, is there? I kinda stopped watching most recent Marvel content.

There is a certain character who has appeared earlier Phase 4 material who plays an important role, but, I'd say watching Civil War, BP1, Infinity War and Endgame is enough.

It's Elaine from Seinfeld

Last edited:

EvilDead1987

Nov 4, 2021
South Eastern PA
I loved it. I'll decide if I enjoyed it more than the first after a rewatch. I really liked the first one and it gets better after every rewatch

I absolutely loved how it handles grief. Every character handles it different too which is exactly how it works. As someone still going through extended grief, it was nice to see the broad range of emotions that this horrible feeling brings out. One line in particular was a gut punch and was extremely relatable in my situation.

Namor was a captivating "villain". Stole every scene he was in. Really interested to see where his character goes from here and if he'll be used as a "villain" in any other movies...

Loved the post credits scene too. A lot of emotions and a great way to continue the franchise in the future with T'challa's child