SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Based on those videos it just looks like the difference between 30 and 60 fps, not any inherent lag of the system itself.

And I figured people had made peace with if that made a difference for you or not, but jesus, pretty please do not bring that debate in here.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Wait are you saying you cannot even select 1440p/4k or that you can but it doesn't actually give you that resolution?

I can't. Any resolution above 1080p doesn't show in-game because DSR multipliers are based on the native resolution of 2560x1080. If I try to force any 16:9 resolution above 1080p editing the .ini file, the game stretches to fill the entire screen.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross post from the update thread.
-------------
So. Here's a question for any UK backer who chose the physical Switch version.

Did yours come in one of those nice Fangamer boxes, and with the slipcase ? Because mine just came in a jiffy bag, and without the slipcase. (i'm a 300$ tier backer) I know the Ayami Kojima slipcase is coming later. But i didn't get that black one that everyone has been showing pics of.

(not my pic)
IMG_0003bb90a8dd30755d81.md.jpg

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Switch version is out for delivery! Hope it runs well. Has there been any announcements about patch versions on it?

Edit: Dope. https:///bloodstained-version-1-0-2-update-out-on-switch/ Not sure that I'll believe it until I download it myself though.
I fear for Switch version, PS4 Pro chugs on some areas even hitting probably 10fps when a certain boss do a certain skill

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean, who said this? I have a backer email from FanGamer that says "505 has advised Switch players to download the 1.02 update before playing to avoid losing save progress."
From this one, but now I'm not sure if it's true or not :P
Switch update 1.01 is the same as 1.02 for PS4; confirmed by 505 on their discord. So, those getting the Switch copy delivered early need to update to that and then should be good to go!

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I mean, who said this? I have a backer email from FanGamer that says "505 has advised Switch players to download the 1.02 update before playing to avoid losing save progress."
Yup that's why I was asking. The poster above me just brought up the link that references that same email saying people should wait to download 1.02.

Cross post from the update thread.
-------------
So. Here's a question for any UK backer who chose the physical Switch version.

Did yours come in one of those nice Fangamer boxes, and with the slipcase ? Because mine just came in a jiffy bag, and without the slipcase. (i'm a 300$ tier backer) I know the Ayami Kojima slipcase is coming later. But i didn't get that black one that everyone has been showing pics of.

(not my pic)
IMG_0003bb90a8dd30755d81.md.jpg
Mine came in a little box.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
From this one, but now I'm not sure if it's true or not :P
FWIW that doesn't appear to be true per the last page. At least it seems like the modes added in 1.02 are not currently in 1.01. If someone with it wants to try unlocking hard mode and playing a bit in to confirm that doesn't do it either as that is the only thing I did differently to the other poster.

Dosmo

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm regretting my early enthusiasm for the switch. I originally backed the PC version.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this Switch news is not surprising at all.

Is the Xbox 1.02 patch up yet? I will probably just get that.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to the castle. Felt so hype with the music after the silent segment preceeding it.

Does this have the same composer as SotN?

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. I'm at 81% map discovered and after defeating
Zengetsu
for the second time I had to look up where to go because the hint he gives you is quite obtuse honestly.
I doubt I would have figured out by myself that
I have to slash the red moon during the fight with Gabel.
I've never played Castlevania before, so I suppose this kind of thing was to be expected?

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
is True Shot really that amazing or should I eventually change to something else (I really enjoy using the Spiral Sword shard thing)?

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. I'm at 81% map discovered and after defeating
Zengetsu
for the second time I had to look up where to go because the hint he gives you is quite obtuse honestly.
I doubt I would have figured out by myself that
I have to slash the red moon during the fight with Gabel.
I've never played Castlevania before, so I suppose this kind of thing was to be expected?
That's straight up a thing straight out of Symphony of the Night

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
is True Shot really that amazing or should I eventually change to something else (I really enjoy using the Spiral Sword shard thing)?
It's amazing and then becomes "okayish" late game. I haven't found anything better for what I needed it for: killing flying enemies while not slowing me down.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
At this point, I'm pretty much "fuck this game". Tired of the crashes, tired of the stuttering, it's unreal that they shipped it in this state and it's also unreal it can have such good reviews when it doesn't even run right.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anybody explain the
Kunekune
to me?

It kills me without actually touching me and I can't move near it. What is happening? He is harder than the secret secret boss. I feel like something wrong is happening.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. Maybe I'll wait and see about a patch. Game looks good.
It's 99% 60fps but when it tanks, it tanks bad. It's frustrating on that particular boss but again I got a lot of passive effects on me which adds a lot visual addition to your character and my familiar probably didn't help too (it's basically 5 characters floating since it's maxed)

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
It's 99% 60fps but when it tanks, it tanks bad. It's frustrating on that particular boss but again I got a lot of passive effects on me which adds a lot visual addition to your character and my familiar probably didn't help too (it's basically 5 characters floating since it's maxed)

Oh ok, then that's fine. Thanks again.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'm pretty much "fuck this game". Tired of the crashes, tired of the stuttering, it's unreal that they shipped it in this state and it's also unreal it can have such good reviews when it doesn't even run right.
What platform? PS4 Pro here and didn't have any crash up to my way to platinum (35+ hours), but it tanked on some areas

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've had a crash once so far (PS4 Pro) when opening a book. Nothing since, here's hoping it stays that way.

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
Yup that's why I was asking. The poster above me just brought up the link that references that same email saying people should wait to download 1.02.

The 1.1 version for switch is not affected by the save bug. This was confirmed by 505 on the bloodstained discord.

I was super cautious too because I got my copy today and didn't want to start it was going to be an issue.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any hints on how to progress?

Just got the

double jump

Edit: Nvm, found my way. This waterfall area sure wears its SoTN influence on it's sleeve. Like, moreso than any other area so far.
I'm guessing you're talking about the

poker chip stack move?

That tanks everything no matter what. I was surprised TBH. Pre patch the tower ran slow and was hugely improved in 1.02. I'm surprised that seemingly this one fight runs the way it does. Especially considering nothing impressive is going on.