• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It was in a chest iirc... quite a late one at that... perhaps in the room in
Inferno ? there are too rooms, one up, one down...

I remember thinking "oooh that's where i got that !" in my third playthrough.

I'd like to say I have combed every room extensively, but how can I really say. I'll take another look around.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
All of these complaints about the Switch's graphics (especially in handheld mode) just has me thinking I'll just download the PS4 version. That's really disappointing to hear.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I heard different difficulty's the bosses do different attacks, is there anything else you get in higher difficulty's like a optional boss that doesn't show up in normal or anything like that
Areas have different/added enemies as well. Nothing unique as far as I know but certain monsters show up way earlier in unexpected places.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
yeah there are tons of difficult ennemies inflicting heavy conditions in nightmare.
Bosses don't do more than on hard... there are nasty attacks that one-shot you still.
No difference at all in endings... not even a teaser for more to come ;)
higher difficulties are purely optional you won't miss anything story-wise.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
yeah there are tons of difficult ennemies inflicting heavy conditions in nightmare.
Bosses don't do more than on hard... there are nasty attacks that one-shot you still.
No difference at all in endings... not even a teaser for more to come ;)
higher difficulties are purely optional you won't miss anything story-wise.

Nightmare is just hard minus character level-ups right?

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Can't seem to beat the vampire woman who's bathing in blood.

Besides jumping over her and slashing her from behind, is there an attack/weapon I can use to cheese her?

Billy Palmer

Nov 4, 2017
London
Would I enjoy this?
I love hollow knight, however I've struggled with old school 2d metroidvanias like Super Metroid. Never played a castlevania, but I love the aesthetic.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The crafting system is a nightmare...craft this to craft that to craft this, all with unintuitive lists.
And then you have to dive into the equally cumbersome item archive to see if it mentions the enemy you need to wallop to get the parts, before then going to the enemy archive and remind yourself just what odd named demon that actually is and whimper at the drop rate.

For lack of a better term there should be shortcuts/hyperlinks to get to the info you need quicker.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So did anyone on PS4 have issues with the sound with Bathin? For some reason when he did his little backstep retreat the sound on that SFX really popped my speakers. None of the other audio from this game is doing that just that one SFX.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Just got my Kickstarter copy in the mail and I thought I was getting PS4 but I guess I must have changed it to Switch and forgot. Dang.

Any updates on how the Switch version runs compared to the others?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So did anyone on PS4 have issues with the sound with Bathin? For some reason when he did his little backstep retreat the sound on that SFX really popped my speakers. None of the other audio from this game is doing that just that one SFX.

I never noticed anything like that at all. Playing on a PS4 pro

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
So I had a funny glitch yesterday. Miriam ended headless in the status screen and it locked up my game lol. I didn't lose progress because I saved before the boss but it was still funny to me!

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Lots of complaints in r/Bloodstained about the Switch version, someone even updated a video showing the input lag when compared to PC.

reddit source

Really unfortunate.. of course the graphics would take a hit and the game runs in 30fps, but was hoping for a MUCH smoother experience. PS4 it is then.

poncle

Oct 28, 2017
London
I'm really not enjoying the Switch version (handlheld), the 30fps feel like a massive downgrade compared to PS4 version. Graphics are dark, blurry, mushy, and yet full of jaggies. I'm usually all for portability, but this time it's not worth it.

I wonder what kind of bottleneck the devs have hit, if I'm not wrong this was their first game on UE4 (and possibly in 3D) so I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually just some oversight that could be fixed easily. I hope they found the bottleneck in the meantime, or reach out to a consultant or something, whatever's needed to get a good performance patch, it would be such a shame to leave the game in this state.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
Now that you mention it, it's only 1.01. Huh. Maybe I should hold off from playing too far, don't wanna lose my save file. Good looking out.
I couldn't find it personally, but apparently it was confirmed on 505 Games discord that 1.01 is the update.
Yeah looks like Switch 1.01 = 1.02 PS4/Xbox

I was waiting for a big performance improvement : /

They just delayed the Switch release to hide the issues, not to fix them
I read this too, but now I'm skeptical without a source.

Can anyone actually confirm that Switch patch 1.0.1 is the same as the 1.0.2 patch for other systems? Should we be waiting for a day one 1.0.2 patch tomorrow?

A legit source would be greatly appreciated since I haven't read this anywhere.

Edit: I checked both 505 and @swordorwhip on twitter and there's no mention of any Switch patch. I know the original poster claimed it was mentioned in 505's discord channel. Not sure if that is an official announcement. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really not enjoying the Switch version (handlheld), the 30fps feel like a massive downgrade compared to PS4 version. Graphics are dark, blurry, mushy, and yet full of jaggies. I'm usually all for portability, but this time it's not worth it.

I wonder what kind of bottleneck the devs have hit, if I'm not wrong this was their first game on UE4 (and possibly in 3D) so I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually just some oversight that could be fixed easily. I hope they found the bottleneck in the meantime, or reach out to a consultant or something, whatever's needed to get a good performance patch, it would be such a shame to leave the game in this state.
This is what I feared hearing. Thanks for the info. I don't know what to do with my hard copy now.

Update on patches

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: I checked both 505 and @swordorwhip on twitter and there's no mention of any Switch patch. I know the original poster claimed it was mentioned in 505's discord channel. Not sure if that is an official announcement. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
This was the announcement just made on the Discord. Besides Switch, it also has an update for XB1 owners:

Switch version launches tomorrow (25th). To avoid the issue with treasure chests we recommend everyone with a physical copy update their game with the 1.1 build (which has been live since Friday) before playing.

1.02 Chest Bug - Some players on PS4 who began a new game before downloading the 1.02 update have run into an issue where crates appear in the wrong open/closed state resulting in blocked progress. A new save is not affected.

We are currently looking into solutions that will allow affected players to keep their progress. Since this bug would have affected Xbox One users when the update went live, we are holding off the Xbox One update. (FYI, a small localization update, 1.004, is coming for Xbox. This is not connected to the current issue).

Soundtrack on Steam/GOG - We are adding a FLAC version of the soundtrack to Steam and GOG. Once it is available, it will download into a separate FLAC subfolder and will not affect your .mp3 files. Backers who are to receive the soundtrack will get a digital code via your survey .

Build status
Steam/GOG: 1.03 (1.03 is a localization fix)
PS4: 1.02
Xbox One: 1.003 (Upcoming 1.004 is a small localization fix)
Switch: 1.1

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
This was the announcement just made on the Discord. Besides Switch, it also has an update for XB1 owners:
Fantastic! Thank you!

Kinda bummed this is the version Switch owners are stuck with. A shame since a lot of people are planning on playing this on Switch (a precious thread poll had the Switch version at nearly 50%). I hope they patch the graphics a bit.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth

I have it preloaded on Switch since I love handhelds, but reading this makes me with I got it on PS4 or PC. I also can't think of any reason they couldn't hit 60 FPS on the Switch, bummer.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
g5XlB3m.gif

lol, I was always a "dual Crissaegrim blend him in a few seconds" kind of guy but this speaks to me. Have to try that next time I play SOTN.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yikes at those PS4 Pro framerate impressions. Does it improve much if the system is set to output at 1080p? I have $10 in PSN credit and was considering using it on this game.

It's been fine for me and I use a PS4 Pro on a 1080p TV (boost mode on, supersampling off). There have been have few instances where the fps dropped but 95% of the time the game has been fine for me at 60fps!

Oct 29, 2017
"Since this bug would have affected Xbox One users when the update went live, we are holding off the Xbox One update. (FYI, a small localization update, 1.004, is coming for Xbox. This is not connected to the current issue)."

Meh! No Xbox patch for the time being then. Wonder if they will actually get it fixed to prevent any glitches. I've been waiting all week to play, almost want to double dip on the PS4 version so at least I would know my progress would be safe. Screw it, I'm just going to play. What a mess.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
"Since this bug would have affected Xbox One users when the update went live, we are holding off the Xbox One update. (FYI, a small localization update, 1.004, is coming for Xbox. This is not connected to the current issue)."

Meh! No Xbox patch for the time being then. Wonder if they will actually get it fixed to prevent any glitches. I've been waiting all week to play, almost want to double dip on the PS4 version so at least I would know my progress would be safe. Screw it, I'm just going to play. What a mess.
So, are unopened chests only marked on the map if you're playing version 1.02 or above? The reason I ask is because I didn't have those marked, and I was playing on Xbox One X.