• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Does the pose you do by holding up have any gameplay effects, or is it just to look cool? Never tried it next to an enemy, maybe it's a taunt?

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just played for a couple of hours. It's so good I can't wait to go back to it later in the evening.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Just dropping by to say I'm really enjoying it. Really scratches that Igavania itch.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Finally got home and had a chance to play for it bit, bless you iga you did it! The game is so good I can't wait to dig in further.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I tried a few previous saves and they all have this chest issue, so I guess that's the end of the line for me. There's no way I'm restarting right now, especially if I can't be sure it won't happen again. It was fun while it lasted.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just started the beginning area but it seems to get a solid 60fps on my "potato pc" i5 4670 and gtx 970 at 1440p

Controls wonderfully so far too.

Skrams

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
As soon as I progress I find chests I didn't open are now open while simultaneously having some, but not all previous chests close. I can reget a lot of gear like the Crow Mask I don't need, but have eternally fucked myself for all chests from now on I guess. This is pretty dreadful.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Loving this so far. Character animations during dialogue and cutscenes are s little rough but everything else feels so good.

Wondered if there would be anything like crissaegrim in the game when I started...and there is! Called the Rhava Bural. Don't know how long it will last before an upgrade but its going to be fun being a walking blender for a bit lol

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Games great, but it has hard crashed twice now because I read a book. It's getting really annoying since I lost some good progress both times.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyone who activated the patch in the middle of a game and did NOT have issues with chests?

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
The room OD is in is a direct reference to another castlevania game right? The set up with the little pit he is sitting ontop of is super familiar.

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Bought the game today, I always felt bad about not backing it back in 2015. So far it's really solid and fun to play. Hopefully I can get some more time into it soon.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Ok am I screwed with future chests? Almost all my previous chests are closed again except for the blue ones.

Am I ok? Should I start over? I'm 5 hours in so better now than later.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does the PC already have the patch applied that is causing the chest issue? I was enjoying it, but it sounds like I might be better off waiting a bit before continuing.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having problems playing with a controller on Steam?

My Dual Shock 4 is not being detected but working fine on Monster Hunter World.
Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> General Controller Settings -> Check box for PlayStation Configuration Support.

DS4 support isn't natively supported by the game but Steam can fix that for you. Alternatively, you can download DS4Windows to use as a controller interface instead.

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah I'm just dinking around at the very beginning of the game for now, and putting it on hold until this chest thing is sorted out. I don't even have the day 1 patch yet (Xbox One). Great game though, from what I've played!

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the PC already have the patch applied that is causing the chest issue? I was enjoying it, but it sounds like I might be better off waiting a bit before continuing.
I think it does. I think only ps4 had this problem. Steam apparently had the cheat codes and Speed Run at release whereas ps4 just got them in the patch.

And i think the problem only comes from playing before and after the patch.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm waiting on the Switch release next week, but first impressions from everyone has me incredibly excited! I backed this on Kickstarter, and after MM9 as well as mixed reviews from demo builds over the past couple years, I am ecstatic to hear that this seems to have turned out great!

pauloshinobi

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Having a great experience so far, I just want to someone to create a mod to replace the fonts, this game's typography is really weak.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really like to know if this chests and hidden upgrades thing w/ 1.02 is just with existing saves or with new games as well.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this so far, it's like IGA never left. So much neat stuff in here that none of the "Metroidvania" games since OOE have really included or nailed when they tried.

How long until the first "hollow knight was a better kickstarted metroidvania" hot take thread?
Hollow Knight is godlike so even if Bloodstained ends up not being as good that doesn't say anything bad about it.

They do different things anyway.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The GOG version is 1.03 is that good ?

I'm not following what you guys are talking about. Sorry.

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the first boss:
Samurai dude

Was actually a bit frustrating since I felt like there were a bunch of invisible walls at really weird times, and odd hitboxes. Not to mention my weapon was doing pretty low damage for the fight overall. Feeling a bit better after beating it, but took me out of the experience a bit.

Does anyone know, will the
crystal stuff
actually have a gameplay ramification later on?

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
First impressions after around 3.5 hours. Just finished the
twin dragon boss

It definitely scratches that metroidvania itch. Aside from some very minor nitpicks (clipping issues, a room didn't render correctly once, dialogue spelling/grammar errors), I love it. Glad I backed the game way back when.
The fairy familiar easter eggs are great too. Decent singing voice, lol. Also cute when she hangs out on Miriam's shoulder when she sits down. The fairy doesn't do much of any damage, but she points out hidden secrets like breakable walls and also heals you when your health is low if you have the right items.