• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I keep coming across blue chests that are closed that just have materials in them and Im certain Id have seen them on my first pass through these areas. Are they not supposed to be there?
Those are fine. Blue chests with random materials respawn after a period of time. There's even a journal entry about it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Super bummed that the patch nerfed my sword. Feels like it downgraded it completely - all the nifty visual effects are gone AND it lost its QCF+square projectile special ability. Even seems to be doing less damage now.

Why'd you have to go and break my weapon, Iga? :(

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Put four hours in and am enjoying the game very much. Difficulty curve is a little higher than expected on Normal (at least for my skills). The bosses especially have been putting up a good fight. Only disappointment is the music, which I expected more from. Yamane mostly just sounds like she's going through the motions here.

Oct 29, 2017
Loving the game, really loving it, but the game crashed and immediately started to apply the patch. I noticed a red chest that I didn't remember getting was open and a bunch of blue chests had refilled, but I remembered someone in game saying something about blue chests resetting, so I didn't think much of it. Then I saw a health pickup I knew I had found was available again, and I became a bit concerned. Still, I didn't realize that the patch had opened all the red chests and broken the game for me until hours later when I beat the boss of the towers and, after looking online, discovered that I could not get the item I need to progress. I'm disappointed, as I have some really great items and shards in the game, but it seems like the new patch has changed quite a bit, so I'm not that upset at having to restart. I just don't want to have to do so again after the next patch.

Skrams

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
The way items are bugging out on equipping is really annoying me or maybe it's just a newly added effect to fuck me over. The Apron previously made x2 food, so I crafted it again to fuck around with it. I think because I crafted and equipped it didn't register the effect. I make a rice ball and get x1. I then unequip and reequip to try again. This time I make x2 rice ball. I don't have enough materials to see if this is like, luck of the draw on whether it makes x2 or x1 or not.

Also Alkahests going from 50G to 800G along with the price to dismantle food is not x1, but x9 now. I really have been fucked over hard.

Super bummed that the patch nerfed my sword. Feels like it downgraded it completely - all the nifty visual effects are gone AND it lost its QCF+square projectile special ability. Even seems to be doing less damage now.

Why'd you have to go and break my weapon, Iga? :(
I was playing the Redbeast's Edge and when I loaded up my save today it returned to its initial state. From what I gather Redbeast grows stronger with the more shards collected that session. I don't know if Eu works the same way, but it could have a hidden effect that you have to proc again after loading your save possibly? I'm currently pretty annoyed about the Redbeast's Edge since it visually becomes different, but the visual effect breaks every time I pause. It becomes fully maxed after pausing, but the hitbox doesn't change. I then change weapons, unpause, pause, rechange, and it returns to its original state. I don't know exactly if it's just shards collected while its equipped or what. I just know it's annoying me so much right now that I don't even want to use it after starting a new save. Eu's Sword might just be the same way where it needs to gather power again over time. "A certain ruler of the universe's sword. Its power has faded." certainly doesn't give much help for an item description.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
So basically its just better to restart with the new patch? Keep hearing about all these bugs happening if you load in a save from previous patch. I only get past the second boss so not much lost.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So out of curiosity, is the 'backer code' input on the save screen supposed to unlock the Iga 'back pack' challenge and so forth if I backed the original kickstarter?

I put in my code, but didn't get any sort of 'code accepted' type message, and it doesn't appear to have changed anything in my inventory or the world (so far, at least).

Or am I missing something?

Side note, no-damage boss runs have been an absolute pain in the ass so far - the second boss is so random, lol.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So out of curiosity, is the 'backer code' input on the save screen supposed to unlock the Iga 'back pack' challenge and so forth if I backed the original kickstarter?

I put in my code, but didn't get any sort of 'code accepted' type message, and it doesn't appear to have changed anything in my inventory or the world (so far, at least).

Or am I missing something?

Side note, no-damage boss runs have been an absolute pain in the ass so far - the second boss is so random, lol.
Supposedly Iga's Back pack DLC codes will be provided separately. Steam backers were.

Oct 25, 2017
This game has a real serious problem in some areas with jumping. Like, there are occasionally just invisible walls in front of your character and you stop, mid-air, and fall straight down. It's actually a really consistent issue in this jumping puzzle in the area I am at. I have missed the same jump like 10 times because there are back-to-back jumps, like 5 of them, where there are just invisible walls or something. So fucking weird.

Guyute

Dec 21, 2017
Wow. I'm happily surprised by the level of quality so far. Feels great to play. Looks pretty good. Music is the jam.

Definitely scratches an itch, that at least for me, has been itchy for far too long! Plenty of great metroidvania releases of late, but not with this classic style. It's familiar, but at the same time feels updated and fresh (at least to me). Loving it so far.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly Iga's Back pack DLC codes will be provided separately. Steam backers were.

Hmm...I backed for a Steam code, but didn't receive a separate code in any email that I can recall (or the actual game, I had to go to Fangamer to find the download code).

It's admittedly been quite a while, but were the codes for the 'dlc' only available to certain tiers of backers?

edit: Answered my own question, lol - yeah, totally spaced that the dlc was only for certain tiers.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Playing this game just reminds me why I hate character model avatars taking up the entire screen. Go back to the small square portraits in the text box! Or at the very least, the still kind of grating but a hell of a lot less annoying Persona style where portraits are off center and pushed to the edge of the screen so you can see the character models on the setpieces emote and doing all of the good stuff.

It's the only thing detracting about this game to me so far.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the game, really loving it, but the game crashed and immediately started to apply the patch. I noticed a red chest that I didn't remember getting was open and a bunch of blue chests had refilled, but I remembered someone in game saying something about blue chests resetting, so I didn't think much of it. Then I saw a health pickup I knew I had found was available again, and I became a bit concerned. Still, I didn't realize that the patch had opened all the red chests and broken the game for me until hours later when I beat the boss of the towers and, after looking online, discovered that I could not get the item I need to progress. I'm disappointed, as I have some really great items and shards in the game, but it seems like the new patch has changed quite a bit, so I'm not that upset at having to restart. I just don't want to have to do so again after the next patch.
Literally stuck right where you're at. Sucks too because, like you, I have some pretty nifty gear I want to keep. Might stop until they release a new patch.

AmethystEnd

Oct 26, 2017
Instead of progressing like I wanted to, I took the time to test all the 8-Bit Coin weapons with the first 8-Bit Coin I found (just kept reloading my save). Keep in mind I don't know all possible special technique inputs in the game so I only tested common ones (hadouken, shoryuken, tatsumaki).

Also keep in mind I already had Force Blast mastered when I tested these, so I could use it with every sword and club type even if that weapon wouldn't innately be able to use it.

Spoilering this stuff in case people don't want to know about the weapons:

1. Dawn Blade - Just a light elemental greatsword. Nothing special about it.

2. Blue Skies - Absolutely nothing special about it as far as I can tell. Boots

3. Boreal Rime Boots - What the fucking shit. Ice boots. No innate techs as far as I can tell, and they turn your movement into ice physics. It takes a second for Miriam to even get any forward momentum just trying to run because of the ice gimmick. Wouldn't use this even if it ended up being the strongest weapon in the game. Stupid.

4. Oleanders - Poison boots. Nothing special as far as I can tell.

5. Shield Weapon - It's a sword type, but it's a shield. No techs as far as I can tell, but it does guard if you stand still after you attack (she leaves the shield out in front of her).

6. Encrypted Orchid - Thunder element sword. Does a special version of the Force Blast tech. It leaves a lightning bolt that hits multiple times when you do the tech.

7. Hikari (come on with this name, seriously?) - Light element (duh) sword. Special version of Force Blast that sends out a light element projectile.

8. Moonwake - Light element sword. Special version of Force Blast that sends out a light element projectile.

9. God Cross - Light and Stone element sword. Force Blast sends out a projectile. From the description of the weapon I assume it also has some effect when at low hp, but I didn't test it.

10. Eu's Sword - Non-elemental sword. Couldn't figure out anything special about it.

11. Redbeast's Edge - Non-elemental rapier. Couldn't figure out anything special about it but I don't have a rapier tech mastered.

12. Prismatic Heart - Light elemental club. Sends out a light elemental projectile on Force Blast and can innately use Power Slash.

13. Deathbringer - Fire elemental great sword. Can't figure out anything special about it. I'm sure its Trucidating Gyre (great sword tech) is special with fire and stuff, but I don't have that technique mastered and the weapon doesn't have it innately.

14. Claw of Onmoraki - Light element great sword. Can charge its regular attack. Charged attack does around 50% more damage (25 regular to 38 charged on what I tested on).

15. Blood Grinder - Dark and Curse element great sword (so fucking edgy, even beyond the name). Couldn't find anything special about it.

16. Silent Calamity - Dark and Stone element great sword. Couldn't find anything special about it.

17. Sculptor's Chisel - Ice and Stone element spear. Couldn't find anything special about it but I'm sure its Orbital Wheel (lance technique) has some special ice elemental stuff. Don't have Orbital Wheel mastered so I can't test.

18. Black Dragon's Ode - Non-elemental spear. Can't find anything special about it.

19. Renee's Requiem - Non-elemental firearm. Can't find anything special about it.

20. Ambivalence - Super fucking cool whip type. It says it's non-elemental, but it's actual thunder element, and it has a charged attack. When you use the charged attack, it element swaps to light element. Doing the charged attack again swaps back. The charged attack DOES NOT do increased damage, so only use it to element swap. Note: I think purple is thunder because the thunder symbol in the status screen is purple, but I'm not 100% sure on this.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Can anyone help? I'm stuck at a point where I need to get through these slim tunnel like spaces that are elevated so you cannot slide through them. I already forgot the mighty zangetsu tip lol.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
well, thanks for not releasing the day-one patch on day fucking one. now i have to start over....10 hours lost.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Can anyone help? I'm stuck at a point where I need to get through these slim tunnel like spaces that are elevated so you cannot slide through them. I already forgot the mighty zangetsu tip lol.
Going to need to get a certain ability for that.
use your double jump to explore the cathedral further. There you will find the ability to drain blood. Use that to clear the fountain at the entrance

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
Going to need to get a certain ability for that.
use your double jump to explore the cathedral further. There you will find the ability to drain blood. Use that to clear the fountain at the entrance
Thanks, I never would have checked back there.

Also might as well ask, do people k ow what the latest version is? Luckily I'm gog so I disabled auto updating, but I was already on 1.03 from the beginning.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, I think I've found the crissaegrim of this game! The sword is called Rava Bhugal and slashes like the legendary OP sword of Symphony! I like that you can attack while walking with this.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm very concerned about this new patch apparently ruining old saves. That sounds terrible.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my, I think I've found the crissaegrim of this game! The sword is called Rava Bhugal and slashes like the legendary OP sword of Symphony! I like that you can attack while walking with this.
lol, I literally just unlocked this thing, too.

Attack speed is far far slower, though. And the fact that you can't equip two and alternate between attack buttons is a bummer, though.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Played a bit more than an hour yesterday. So far it is above my expectations. Would have been nice if at least one harder difficulty was unlocked from the start though.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want this on Switch but I'm feeling like maybe portability won't be worth the 30fps framerate.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Played a bit more than an hour yesterday. So far it is above my expectations. Would have been nice if at least one harder difficulty was unlocked from the start though.

Dunno how i feel about hard so far. The level felt fine itself but this first boss battle seems to have an unblockable attack thats pretty damn random.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: how do you get past the statue spike trap things? You see one very early in the game on the way to the second boss. Is this a boss ability?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Quick question: how do you get past the statue spike trap things? You see one very early in the game on the way to the second boss. Is this a boss ability?

if it's what I think it is, you gain an ability from a boss to move statues. If it's the Iron Maiden, it's as above.