• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean, I backed the project looking to get a true handheld version, not a halfstep. And it's really not my problem if it'd be hard for them to make the Vita version, just don't promise it at all then.
well, its a problem with these projects i think, some things get promised, others change. Wii U/Vita versions were an 'extra' if the game was funded, U later got changed to Switch, but as there is no Vita succesor...
And Sony officially stopped supporting it last year now that i remember, or something like that 🤔

Nere

Dec 8, 2017
I mean, I backed the project looking to get a true handheld version, not a halfstep. And it's really not my problem if it'd be hard for them to make the Vita version, just don't promise it at all then.

You could request a refund and get your money back, if you were disappointed with the Vita cancellation.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could request a refund and get your money back, if you were disappointed with the Vita cancellation.
They did offer me a choice of any version, so I guessed the PS4 one would at least tide me over. I still get the trophies and if I really want to see the game running on the Vita, there's always remote play.
well, its a problem with these projects i think, some things get promised, others change. Wii U/Vita versions were an 'extra' if the game was funded, U later got changed to Switch, but as there is no Vita succesor...
And Sony officially stopped supporting it last year now that i remember, or something like that 🤔
There's really no excuse for them to do so, and the Vita is still getting new games every week even if Sony discontinued the production of the carts. I think the change from Wii U to Switch was something that the owners of Wii U requested themselves though.

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Something feels off. Definitely not her best work. I still love the Dracula X Chronicles Boxart so much.

It clearly going for a SOTN look.

0eb2af0d76f64ba4aa3ed1376f58dafa.jpg

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So, did anyone get their copy early?

Any impressions?

Yes, here.

The game is excellent.

This is coming from someone who didn't back the game nor have I kept up with development. All I knew was Castlevania, lol, and that was enough for me.

I'm not a pro at these games but I enjoy the gameplay, which is fantastic in this one IMO.

I've come across a few bugs and whatnot. One bug made my character fall through the floor and I ended up getting stuck/not having my character show on screen. I restarted and it was fixed. Never encountered it again. There's also the occasional slowdown/framerate which doesn't happen too often. There was one room in particular where you could really feel/see it. I need to go back and look at it again to make sure it still happens.

The problems I've described never got in the way of the enjoyment of the game. I've put about 20 hours into it and have beaten it with the true ending. I was stuck multiple times and went around, looking for hints. It was driving me CRAZY, lol. Sometimes you'll forget you have to talk to someone or you may need to kill an enemy. Or you may need to do something out of the ordinary.

Through my 20 hours, I've taken my time. Currently have a 99.80% map completion. Looked through every nook and cranny. Tried to collect as many shards as I can. Craft whatever I could and there's still plenty to do for all the completionist out there.

Normal mode does become easy the farther you get in the game. If you search everywhere, get some good drops from enemies and level up shards, you'll have an easy time. That's not to say the game becomes boring but I understand the complaints of not being able to choose your difficulty from the start.

If I had to give this game a score, I would give it between an 8/9 out of 10. It's been a while where a game grabs me and keeps me awake until 6am, lol.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Hopefully that day one patch comes to tomorrow, I've been playing with no issues on my end. Game is fully playable outside some minor bugs and a particular area that has frame drops.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My ps4 copy is arriving tomorrow, I assume my switch copy will be here next week, can't wait to finally play this.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
The combination of 60fps, getting it a week earlier, and it costing less on Amazon convinced me to get it on PS4. Really looking forward to Tuesday.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hells yeah. Pre-load is go! I think I actually like the Curse of the Moon Icon better but still a pretty neat one for Ritual of the Night.

20190616_144048.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I backed this on .. fangamer, I guess. They definitely haven't messaged me about shipping the game (PC), so I wonder if I am gonna end up getting a digital copy anyway first. I really want to play it day one.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
I backed this on .. fangamer, I guess. They definitely haven't messaged me about shipping the game (PC), so I wonder if I am gonna end up getting a digital copy anyway first. I really want to play it day one.

You get both iirc. They delayed the physical pc copies until all modes/dlc is released so you get it all on disk. In the meantime you will be supplied a key.

The greatest boy

Alt account
Banned
May 31, 2019
It is either going to be this or crash for me next week....

Hoping for positive impressions here because I looove this style of gameplay

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
My KS package is now moving out of LA and is on its way up to Canada. Guess it'll be at least a week or two before I see it in my mailbox.

Looking forward to folk's impressions in the meantime.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Fuck yes, my copy should be here tomorrow afteroon! Its in town already, just got to wait for them to put it on the truck tomorrow. Perfect timing as I'll be off work tomorrow too. I need to pick up a drink or two to celebrate

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I haven't really been following this, sucks that the Switch version comes out later, interested to see reviews on it

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Was watching this stream earlier to get an idea of performance and it looks pretty rough:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439169431

Around the 1 hour mark it looks like the framerate goes from 60 to sub 30 pretty randomly...not sure if it was the video or the game though.
There's supposed to be a sizable (4-5GB) day one patch, so I assume whoever was playing didn't have it. Hopefully it's fine with that.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to buy it from Amazon, and it seems the discount copies are sold out.

dumbyugi

Oct 25, 2017
Still no shipping confirmation in Australia. The game does come out on the 20th here though so still possible I'll get it on release if it ships soon at least.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
A 2nd Castlevania Collection seems pretty inevitable really.

Whilst I have that PS4 double-pack, I think I can certainly accept double-dipping if they get included in a second collection on PC. Having all the 2D games just a few clicks away from each other would truly be living the dream!

Oct 25, 2017
You get both iirc. They delayed the physical pc copies until all modes/dlc is released so you get it all on disk. In the meantime you will be supplied a key.

Holy shit, thanks for letting me know about this. I legit thought it was just the physical version at the 60 dollar tier. Was ready to buy the game a second time lol.

This is what happens when you Kickstart a thing and just... zone out for a couple years.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy shit, thanks for letting me know about this. I legit thought it was just the physical version at the 60 dollar tier. Was ready to buy the game a second time lol.

This is what happens when you Kickstart a thing and just... zone out for a couple years.
And also not reading the OP... 😉

Last edited: