Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Ah shit, I didn't realize this game was releasing so soon. Guess I have to buy it. Going PC since Switch is only 30fps

Random aside: I hope Nirolak comes back for a bit. He was really looking forward to this game so I'd like to see what he thinks about the it.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
The Shard system is fantastic and is just as important as your equipment.

The grind is definitely real, especially since one way to level them up is to get duplicates of the same Shard.

SigEpTendo

Oct 27, 2017
The Shadows
Very excited that this game will soon be in our hands. It's not a looker but that gameplay looks great. The backer demos felt great so I'm excited to see the improvements since then.

Last edited:

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So when are all the extras shipping? Do we have any idea?

Because all I see on my shipping manifest is that I'm receiving my physical copy of the game and the digital code...

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still mad they locked me into the inferior Switch version without letting me change it.

Assholes. Totally sours me on the game.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those are the best parts of the game! Question: are there multiple endings? Do I need to not visit the door after I complete the key?

IGA's games that had multiple endings never locked you out. In fact, the "bad" endings always give a hint about what you need to do in order to not hit that state. I don't see why he'd change that here!

Last edited:

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
So steam keys go out tomorrow? Looks like I won't get my physical Switch copy until who knows when since there are issues in Japan? Blah the wait is killing me knowing people already have it.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda sucks that there are people who can pre-load the game already while backers (on PS4, at least) are left waiting for codes up to the last minute apparently.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still mad they locked me into the inferior Switch version without letting me change it.

Assholes. Totally sours me on the game.
You had every chance to switch your platform and if you didn't, it's your own fault. Last time I checked I had over 80 emails updating me on the status of the game, some of which were very explicit about final deadlines for choosing platforms.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I forgot about those stretch goals. There is gonna be so much content in this game.

I really hope the switch version is solid. Bought and enjoyed Curse of the Moon there and I would prefer to have the real thing there too.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd try and relax. I'm sure you'll be able to get the game again really cheaply if you want to buy another copy, or someone else I'm sure would trade with you. Honestly, from what I can tell it still runs just fine, at least from this PAX East footage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqLc4EK6z1k
30fps isn't "fine" for this type of game. Certainly not when it runs at 60 everywhere else. This isn't a case where the game was designed around running at 30.

And yeah I can try and trade or some shit. That doesn't make it any less shitty that they didn't specify these technical differences beforehand. Or didn't allow us to change platforms after they did.

I basically have a "fuck this game" attitude about it now.

Nov 13, 2017
Spoiler question for mid-game

Has anyone figured out what Celeste's Room is all about? Is this just an easter egg or is there an actual puzzle to be solved here?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest reason I got this on Switch is I played the Castlevania Collection and Curse of the Moon on it and now I can't go back.

Seriously handheld mode is so perfect for this type of game.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Just checking here but I backed the 100 Alchemist Treasure tier and I just got the game through

Will all the other rewards (Soundtrack, Keychain, Retro booklet) be coming later?

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Copy's arrived! Plus I have the week off work as well. Superb.

Couple of questions though for stuff I might have missed while it's installing:

1) The backer slipcase - It wasn't included in the delivery. Is it to be sent out at a later date?
2) The DLC as well. The back mentions fan favourite content but there's no code within the box. I know there's DLC planned for non-backers but I would have thought that there might have been a code or something for backers. Or is it again something to come at a later date?

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Copy's arrived! Plus I have the week off work as well. Superb.

Couple of questions though for stuff I might have missed while it's installing:

1) The backer slipcase - It wasn't included in the delivery. Is it to be sent out at a later date?
2) The DLC as well. The back mentions fan favourite content but there's no code within the box. I know there's DLC planned for non-backers but I would have thought that there might have been a code or something for backers. Or is it again something to come at a later date?

Backer content is being released at the DLC dates listed in the OP I believe.

June 18, 2019 on PC (Steam & GoG)
June 28, 2019 on Switch
July 3, 2019 on Playstation 4 and Xbox One

Per the OP. The PS4/One versions were delayed due to bugs found last minute.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so excited, and I just cant hide it. I am about to lose control and I think I like it.

Igavania is back baby, the original and best.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Backer content is being released at the DLC dates listed in the OP I believe.

June 18, 2019 on PC (Steam & GoG)
June 28, 2019 on Switch
July 3, 2019 on Playstation 4 and Xbox One

Per the OP. The PS4/One versions were delayed due to bugs found last minute.
Right, must have missed that. Thanks for the quick response!

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anyone else who will take their time with this game? Like exploring each area very carefully before moving the next? I plan to play this for like 30 hours or so.