• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's the mystery game, Era?

• Demon's Souls

Votes: 2,053 62.1%
  • Metal Gear Solid

Votes: 596 18.0%
  • The Legend of Dragoon

Votes: 272 8.2%
  • Syphon Filter

Votes: 143 4.3%
  • SOCOM

Votes: 116 3.5%
  • Ico

Votes: 128 3.9%

• Total voters

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
It's either Demon's Souls or Metal Gear Solid. I will lose my shit if it's The Legend of Dragoon. I want a remake of that game so badly.

There was something about armor & swords, The Legend of Dragoon should be more possible than MGS.
But most likely Demon's Souls.

Edit:
Screenshot_2018-10-18_at_14.png

Last edited:

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
I would love the game to be ico. But we all know that is not logically gonna happen. Not with what theyve been saying anyway.
Knowing that, Id take mgs. Indifferent to the rest of the options here.

Oni_J

Oct 28, 2017
Demon's Souls with Elden Ring will basically be sent to die (pun not intended)
I would prefer Gravity Rush 1+2 but it's basically impossible.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
If it is DeS I'd hope Miyazaki is involved on some level. Wouldn't feel right without his stamp of approval at least.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it is DeS I'd hope Miyazaki is involved on some level. Wouldn't feel right without his stamp of approval at least.
If it's Demon's Souls, it's safe to assume that they are including the sixth archstone. Miyazaki has to be involved, then.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017

I think Demon's Souls would still be a big deal. I'm of the mind that if it is Demon's Souls, it will be a remake like what Capcom did with Resident Evil to the point where it feels almost brand new.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
And a 4k Demon Souls with super fast loading times etc is a re-envisioning!? That would just be a remaster, not even s remake

No. But Demon's Souls with a brand new graphics engine and a 6th Archstone is, which is more than likely what this will be. I feel many people forget how poorly the game has aged relative to it's successors, partly due to it being the 'first' Souls game and the hardware it was released on. Some of y'all acting like this will just be a Dark Souls Remastered affair, when it obviously won't be given what Bluepoint did with SoTC and they've said that this next game is of much bigger scope.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If it's Demon's Souls, it's safe to assume that they are including the sixth archstone. Miyazaki has to be involved, then.

The Sixth Archstone is never going to happen. Isn't it pretty well-established by now that the Painted World was made out of incomplete assets they started designing for that archstone before they ran out of time/money?

DerMarc

Oct 28, 2017
"A big one" would really fit Shadow of the Colossus 2.
Let Ueda and Team do the Design and Bluepoint works on the tech!

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you're underestimating how hungry people are for new software in those early days on a new console. Shit, even Knack did well enough commercially to earn a sequel.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
My heart says Demon's Souls but my head says Metal Gear Solid.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
It could be Metal Gear Solid,although it's owned by Konami so I gues they are going for something that's exclusive to Sony.

I bet it's Demon Souls and if we see a total graphical overhaul,the game's gonna look CRAZY

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls is the grandaddy of the souls game, and the one I liked the most (couldn't get into Dark Souls 1, didn't feel like trying 2 with all the info on it being less than 1). I would really like a Demon's Souls remade from the ground up on PS5. That would be amazing to see I bet, especially with someone else handling graphics. Can you imagine how scary the prison would be with good lighting effects, shadows, and possibly ray tracing?

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Bluepoint, and honestly, there's too many "big" options for me to say it's definitely Demon's Souls.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
It would be cool if they did a complete reimagining of Legend of Dragoon as an action RPG

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Demon's Souls is the grandaddy of the souls game, and the one I liked the most (couldn't get into Dark Souls 1, didn't feel like trying 2 with all the info on it being less than 1). I would really like a Demon's Souls remade from the ground up on PS5. That would be amazing to see I bet, especially with someone else handling graphics. Can you imagine how scary the prison would be with good lighting effects, shadows, and possibly ray tracing?
as someone who loved demon's souls but felt disappointed by dark souls, i'll say you should really give dark souls 2 a shot

i think it's much better than the first dark souls

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
My biggest complaint about DeSo is that every boss can be cheesed to death, shit needs to be reworked like Flamefucker getting stuck everywhere or melting bosses through the fog.
I still consider this to be the best track of any Souls game considering whole encounter and I would love to revisit it in it's all new glory.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
a souped-up demon's souls as an exclusive ps5 launch title? is anyone seriously questioning just how successful this would be?...

JulesLove

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me how HD upscaling Demon Souls could be in any way re-envisioning that game? I doubt theyre gonna mess with camera angles/gameplay formulas

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone explain to me how HD upscaling Demon Souls could be in any way re-envisioning that game? I doubt theyre gonna mess with camera angles/gameplay formulas

These are my thoughts exactly. But I guess if they considered SotC a re-envisioning then this is wholly plausible.

I feel like Legend of Dragoon is as good if not better candidate from what we know big/re-envisioning/Sony ip etc

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I can't believe Bluepoint is remaking one of the best PSX games ever created...

Colony Wars!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
This is Shadow of the Colossus treatment, not an upscale. New models, engine, animation, lightning etc. A full blown remake.

re5jvjjhqiklnnutsjhy.gif

AbandonedVioletBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I'm late to the party but why does everyone think its Demon's Souls? Did they work on it previously or something cause I'm not too familiar with their work. And also didn't Bluepoint say something about wanting to do a remake/remaster for Legend of Dragoon?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm late to the party but why does everyone think its Demon's Souls? Did they work on it previously or something cause I'm not too familiar with their work. And also didn't Bluepoint say something about wanting to do a remake/remaster for Legend of Dragoon?

A developer talking about a particular thing is a great way to know what they aren't working on.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

I think Jason Shreier hinted at that