• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do you people also drink blood for breakfast? Jesus... sometimes I really need to convince myself this is still a liberal board. Though sometimes it's hard to notice inbetween the revenge-fueled bloodlust.

She was astupid child when she made that decision and is still a stupid although brainwashed child
This site has massive amounts of nationalism and the self deception is real lol

I'm not from the UK but she should be allowed back but I think she should be prosecuted and potentially spend quite a bit of time in prison and decades on a watchlist after.

mercenar1e

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Do you people also drink blood for breakfast? Jesus... sometimes I really need to convince myself this is still a liberal board. Though sometimes it's hard to notice inbetween the revenge-fueled bloodlust.

She was astupid child when she made that decision and is still a stupid although brainwashed child

shes 19 years old now and has NO regrets. terrorists and their sympathizers deserve no mercy.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
She either becomes a part of the country ISIS is apart of(Hint, none) or in the long run, she is the UK's problem.

Now, I don't think the UK should lift a finger to help her and the minute she is back, get arrested seems fair. But she is going to be a UK citizen regardless.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There is a fine line between being a stupid child and drinking, doing drugs, having unprotected sex, ect and then being a stupid child and joining a terrorist organization.

Nov 18, 2017
She poses an obvious risk to innocent people. It's sad because she was young and inpressionable, but she knew the gravity of the choice she made. The UK should refuse to let her back.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Asked by Times journalist Anthony Loyd whether her experiences of living in the one-time IS stronghold of Raqqa had lived up to her aspirations, Ms Begum said: "Yes, it did. It was like a normal life. The life that they show on the propaganda videos - it's a normal life.

Totally a normal life guys. You know, losing two children, two of your cloest friends dying in a bombing, witnessing a head in some trash and now living in a refugee camp while pregnant. That's some everyday mundane shit right there!

Agree with not letting her back. Arrest her and she'll possibly convert other women in prison to the cause.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
She should stay where she is

There is absolutely no regret in her words.
She still talks about how those enemies of Islam are in the wrong,what they would have done to the poor ISIS fighters and blabla
There is absolutely no change and there will NEVER be a change

She wants back so she can raise the kid in safe conditions while probably keep going on with her new found extreme believes and will stick to the communities that support that.
Possibly recruiting from these parts for those bastards.
If she comes back to Europe or the UK she won't have trouble for long and there will probably be enough psychos that defend her believing in her "changing" her mindset and so on because everyone is good and we all live in a Disney Movie.
Also exploiting sitting in a Refugee Camp playing the victim probably currently only reaping the benefits.

Its either life in Prison or stay away > Simple as that because there is no saving her and changing her mentality so she leaves ALL of this ISIS shit back there.
Bring her back and take the kid away and after that send her back so she gets judged over there for the crimes she supported in THAT country.

kittoo

Banned
Apr 20, 2018
I still find it impossible to process, as someone not that much older than 27, how you'd marry a...what, 15-year-old even at that time and think "This is OK. There's nothing wrong with doing this" irrespective of your views on foreign policy

Religion , especially Islam, is one hell of a drug.

mechs

Banned
Oct 1, 2018
The latter was naturalised as he was born in Sudan and his nationality is Sudanese. As for Alexanda, if he didn't hold a second citizenship, that means that the British government violated numerous international laws in doing what they did. We've already have precedent in the matter with Guantanamo Bay prisoners and nation's taking back their nationals. Hell the Americans of all people, are asking states to take back their ISIS citizens to try back in their home countries.

Fair enough, I didn't know point 2.

Oct 26, 2017
If she can make her way back then let her in and prosecute her. If she can't then resources shouldn't be wasted trying to help her.

I still find it impossible to process, as someone not that much older than 27, how you'd marry a...what, 15-year-old even at that time and think "This is OK. There's nothing wrong with doing this" irrespective of your views on foreign policy
Its a medieval mindset over there. It isn't worth thinking about.

Last edited:

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
She left when she was 15? How did her parents even allow that? What the fuck.

Also, the bloodlust on this site is disturbing. Rehabilitation is a thing, and she's still only 19.

Nov 1, 2017
This is an assumption on my part, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I believe the overwhelming majority of you have never fought in a war have been a part of an armed conflict.

I have fought in both Afghanistan and Iraq, more than once. For simplicity I'm not going to list off every single organization, army, cell, or groups of freedom fighters I've fought against.

The two I am going to speak about are Saddam's Army and Al-Qaeda. They were mostly set in two different counties but what I'm going to discuss here are their ideologies.

Saddam's Army were cowards, the moment it appeared they would lose they would run away or surrender. They didn't really believe in what they were fighting for, they were just fighting us because they were ordered to.

Al-Qaeda was the exact opposite. Every single one of them believed in their cause. They accepted death the second they picked up a rifle because they were willing to die for their beliefs. Every single one of them fought with the fervor of a man possessed.

If it's not obvious by now which was more terrifying to fight, it was Al-Qaeda. The thought of their war cries echoing around the hilltops and through the villages raises the hair on my skin. They were 100x more dangerous because their beliefs gave them the will to fight to the very last man.

This woman is a radical and an extremist. She believes in the cause. She is just as dangerous as the men I just described.

She is however, a citizen, and should be allowed to return. The moment she sets foot on home soil she should be arrested, intellgence should be extracted, and then imprisoned, awaiting trial.

She shouldn't be allowed to socialize because she will spread the ideology.

The child should be stripped from her and given over to the State to be allowed the chance at a normal life.

Those of you advocating for her to be given a chance at rehabilitation, there is none, nor does she want to be rehabilitated.

dean_rcg

Oct 27, 2017
This is an assumption on my part, and I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I believe the overwhelming majority of you have never fought in a war have been a part of an armed conflict.

I have fought in both Afghanistan and Iraq, more than once. For simplicity I'm not going to list off every single organization, army, cell, or groups of freedom fighters I've fought against.

The two I am going to speak about are Saddam's Army and Al-Qaeda. They were mostly set in two different counties but what I'm going to discuss here are their ideologies.

Saddam's Army were cowards, the moment it appeared they would lose they would run away or surrender. They didn't really believe in what they were fighting for, they were just fighting us because they were ordered to.

Al-Qaeda was the exact opposite. Every single one of them believed in their cause. They accepted death the second they picked up a rifle because they were willing to die for their beliefs. Every single one of them fought with the fervor of a man possessed.

If it's not obvious by now which was more terrifying to fight, it was Al-Qaeda. The thought of their war cries echoing around the hilltops and through the villages raises the hair on my skin. They were 100x more dangerous because their beliefs gave them the will to fight to the very last man.

This woman is a radical and an extremist. She believes in the cause. She is just as dangerous as the men I just described.

She is however, a citizen, and should be allowed to return. The moment she sets foot on home soil she should be arrested, intellgence should be extracted, and then imprisoned, awaiting trial.

She shouldn't be allowed to socialize because she will spread the ideology.

The child should be stripped from her and given over to the State to be allowed the chance at a normal life.

Those of you advocating for her to be given a chance at rehabilitation, there is none, nor does she want to be rehabilitated.

Great post, thanks.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
If she's not stupid, she'll know she faces prosecution and substantial jailtime. If she's actually smart, she'll still want to come back regardless, because the punishment she'd get in the UK is a slap on the wrist compared to what ISIS' enemies in the Middle East could do.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Also, the bloodlust on this site is disturbing. Rehabilitation is a thing, and she's still only 19.
I don't see any evidence that she even denounced her ideology. She didn't even show remorse. I would say that her main motivation is to secure a future of her child rather than any sincere desire for rehabilitation.

HotTakeCakes

Alt account
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
Reading
No remorse what so ever and wants to come back just so her 3rd child can get good healthcare after the previous babies died of malnutrition.

Nah, fuck that.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

I'm not from the UK but she should be allowed back but I think she should be prosecuted and potentially spend quite a bit of time in prison and decades on a watchlist after.
She willingly left to join a group that commits mass murders and has no regrets. Is it really shocking people have no sympathy for her.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day, she still supports the killing of non-Muslims. If/when she makes it back take that baby far and away from her.

Timmm

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK

The parents didn't know, the three girls that left for Syria all told their parents they were going out for the day and then went straight to the airport and flew out of the UK (to Turkey if i remember correctly)

Very much agree on the 2nd part too

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah fuck right off. You made your bed, fucking rot in it. Zero sympathy, zero empathy.

So so so many struggling immigrants getting shafted and shit on and you think you deserve a second chance?!

Bye bitch.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

She has no regret over her actions and still believe in their cause. Of course prople are not going to have any sympathy for a person who is okay to watch innocent people be killed.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
She's a UK citizen so she should be allowed back.

She should, however, not receive any assistance to return and, on returning, should immediately be arrested and tried, preferably resulting in her spending a very long time in prison. Take the child into care or give it to the side of her family that is sane.

Hiraeth

Mar 16, 2018
London, UK
Cannot be sympathetic with her, she left to join a terrorist organisation and now that she's pregnant she expects to be able to waltz back here to take advantage of our healthcare and welfare systems. All the while saying she has no regrets.

Don't let her back - and if they do she needs to be locked up and that baby given a chance at a better life.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
She left when she was very, very young. This is a very grey one for me, she sounds mentally disturbed to be honest.
In my opinion she is a British Citizen and should be allowed back in, at which point they should put her through the justice system as intended.

Ash735

Banned
Sep 4, 2018
A known wanted man for murdering people with a Chainsaw knocks on your door years later, he doesn't regret what he's done, he wants to know if you'll be a good person and let him stay with you for a bit until the weather gets better. He's also carrying a Chainsaw.

You telling me you wouldn't be sus? She's 19, still supports ISIS and their ways, doesn't regret her choices and has practically said she wants to cash in on being a British citizen so she can give birth to her child and receive healthcare so this one won't die. This isn't accidentally being caught with drugs or underage drinking, even at 15 a person should know joining a terrorist organisation is something you can't really u turn on.

Oct 30, 2017

It isn't bloodlust when her very quotes says she has no regrets and could be bringing potentially domestic terrorist poison our way.

She made her bed she can stay in it

iapetus

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so let's see if I can understand where we are with this. If a fifteen-year old girl is groomed and radicalised by extremists, she deserves to be made a person of no state, and any children she may have deserve to die in squalor. Is that where we're at?

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so let's see if I can understand where we are with this. If a fifteen-year old girl is groomed and radicalised by extremists, she deserves to be made a person of no state, and any children she may have deserve to die in squalor. Is that where we're at?
She left to join a terrorist organisation. She says she has no regrets.

Yes that's where we're at

ishan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
its still a teenager. Who is still very young. However, she has to know the consequences of her actions. Need not be anything permanent but "its alll okay" isnt the way to go either. At the very least multiple years of mandated therapy.

EDIT: The child needs to be away from her and given a normal uk citizen services for a negligent mother/family. Her sins shouldnt impact the child.

Last edited:

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere

I kinda agree, but only after hearing an NPR/BBC report on this.

The thing is that most people have to remember that she's been part of that group for most of her teen years.

It's like being in a cult, but making baby steps to get back to the mainstream. The reason she's doing this is because she's lost two babies, and she wants her third to be safe.

A series of therapy and de-programing, is the most sound solution. At least, that's what I've heard from experts who say that people like her, who join a terrorist group initially think nothing of joining and being part of the group. Once they go through therapy and de-program, then they start to cope with how awful their worldview was.

That's when they start feeling the sense of regret.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
As far as I'm concerned she effectively renounced her citizenship when she joined a terrorist group. She doesn't even regret it, so fuck her, forever.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
funny, i was watching the BBC and in discussing this case even the right wing MP jacob rees-mogg agreed she had a right to return and he said that, being so young, she was likely a victim too and should be shown compassion and not be stripped of her rights under the law.

leave it to the progressive bastion here to collectively take a position to the far-right of a far-right conservative MP

Lies

Oct 27, 2017

Agree largely with your thinking. One point which gets me though is the prosecution / prison time has costs attached to it. Which seems a waste. Choices, were made. Leave her where she is?

Overall, there are more important concerns in the world. Its somewhat telling this one is given such focus and energy. Some of those front pages seen this morning... smh.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
She denounced her citizenship the moment she went to support and live in the Islamic State. If she doesn't regret her decision then she is either brainwashed or deluded, but there's no chance she won't do something that will endanger other people when she gets home, who knows what she's been taught to do (build bombs and what not). She's a danger to even put in prison, because that gives her a place to spread her insanely radical views (hence her going to join ISIS in the first place) to very vunerable and dangerous people.

I don't know if there's a technique to reverse brainwashing on someone, but before she's allowed anywhere even close to society she needs to be deprogrammed if that's even a thing and then put in prison for supporting a terrorist organisation.

Oct 31, 2017
funny, i was watching the BBC and in discussing this case even the right wing MP jacob rees-mogg agreed she had a right to return and he said that, being so young, she was likely a victim too and should be shown compassion and not be stripped of her rights under the law.

leave it to the progressive bastion here to collectively take a position to the far-right of a far-right conservative MP

Yeah, this thread reads like a Daily Mail comment section. It's sick how quickly people want to abandon law for revenge.