• My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
At this point it's too early to tell.
We do not know of any parties' endgame, so we can't assess what's the "right" thing.
We know she offered shelter, some sort of personal growth and a goal to multiple people, but she is also manipulative and she has little regards for most beings' lives, but the latter point is a bit moot because most characters don't as well.
Right I think she's the "ends justify the means" character who, at any means necessary, will try to exterminate all demon life from Earth. To the point where as long as she's able to accomplish this she doesn't care how many people die.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

df9xduqi1d541.jpg

This week's chapter spoiler

so how many characters from the popularity poll are still alive? yeesh

5 lol

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
Well looks like that prophecy is about to come true. Looks like these really are the last few chapters

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Powers is going to die but she's going to get very fucked up hence why future devil use the term slaughter on her

Oct 25, 2017
I sense some insane moments with Aki47 coming. Dude tore Denji in half with one shot.
Was the snowball scene the actual Aki trying to fight his way out? Showing that he's still in there?
And what is Makima doing now...

AnansiThePersona

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else's heart hurt...

Damn
This whole story just bums me out. It went from radical hyper-violent action to tortured souls trying to exist in a world where they're lives are tools for a psycho control freak. It's still awesome and I love it, but it seeing Aki being worn as a flesh suit to kill the only people he has left in his life is a special kind of depressing.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Aki better take the gun devil down with him or something because damn, this is such a downer.

I'm hoping Denji goes apeshit and eventually kills Makima in the end because that would be cathartic AF

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Why do I get the feeling Makima defeated the gun devil and is controlling him reason she knew he was at Denji front door. We already know she can control hybrids.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I assume Makima wants Denji to go to his limits and open the door. Maybe strong emotions like guilt and sadness are also needed to achieve that, which is why from start the she intended for Aki to be killed by Denji.

Kind of explains that one panel of her hands a few chapters ago where she was talking with Aki about his resignation. She knew this would be his fate. But if that's the case this one panel would show her kind of remorseful.

Oct 27, 2017
Sigh...

This manga is really starting to hurt but I just can't stop reading it. Poor Aki or I guess Aki47 now...

Don't know what the hell Makima is doing but I really want Denji to chainsaw her and chill away with Power and the Cat (that final panel was badass and made them look like a family...)

God, why is this manga so damn bleak?

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When you realize Aki is seeing Denji as the brother he lost in his memories...

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummed out after the chapter, got here and seeing Aki47 made me even more bummed out

It's amazing but it hurts

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I can just picture her within one kilometer of where shit went down and is now standing in a room full of dead people, terrified, but alive because her birthday is in one of the safe months

For real tho, girl noped the fuck out when the noping was good. She's the real nobel prize winner here lol

OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I can just picture her within one kilometer of where shit went down and is now standing in a room full of dead people, terrified, but alive because her birthday is in one of the safe months

For real tho, girl noped the fuck out when the noping was good. She's the real nobel prize winner here lol

While her car disintegrates

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking shit, but just you wait for Kobeni to ride in to save the day revealing she had the Car Devil contracted:
dmc-5-nico-entrance.gif

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Oh hey, didn't realize there was an OT for this. Neat. Aki was probably one of the closest things I had to a favorite character here so... that sucked ass. Especially knowing how close the three have gotten, seeing both Power and Denji try to deny it... (๑ಥ﹏ಥ)ﻭ Like, man, this is so messed up. His whole reason to live has been to kill the Gun Devil and guess what? The damn thing jumped into your corpse and turned you into a gun fiend. Sheesh.

I started reading the series for Pochita, by the way. Got bamboozled. Doggo only appeared for two chapters. Also, pretty much everyone I like seems to die. R.I.P.

Kobeni, please continue to stay away from everyone and live.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Kobeni was probably frying some fries at McDonald when the Gun Devil passed by.

And now she needs to find a new job.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Oh God we're getting Fire Punch'd are we?
This isn't going to end well for anyone is it?
I'm still sore about all my fav character's fate in Fire Punch, they ALL literally died a dog's death
Aki47 is a thing I hoped we wouldn't have to suffer through.
Hopefully Power isn't getting a cover art anytime soon.