• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I kinda rolled my eyes at this most recent development.

Gonna stick with it, but ehhhh...

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
This REALLY better be leading somewhere because
basically the entire cast getting killed off for the sake of Denji is getting a little annoying

Also that picture on the wall is the very definition of heavy handed

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spoiler to all your reactions

Why is everyone surprised? It was 100% she would have to die very very soon according to the prophecy

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Spoiler to all your reactions

Why is everyone surprised? It was 100% she would have to die very very soon according to the prophecy
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not *surprised* by her death. I'm underwhelmed by the sequence of events leading up to and including her death. Naturally, YMMV.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
If Denji doesn't go through hell to get his sidecast back... than I don't know what to say anymore. Also I'm looking forward at what Kishibe might do next. But what else would be left to do now that Makima showed her true powers...

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the story was always about the relationship between Denji and Makima since chapter 1. She even asks him to be her pet dog the first time they meet. their relationship is the central plot just like in Firepunch. Everyone else can and probably will die.

Last edited:

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I...

Uuuuh... can't believe it.

Jesus, being Fujimoto's editor, on Jump, must be hell on Earth.

Seriously thinking the series will end before the next popularity poll because there wouldn't be enough characters to make one

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just wanna say, y'all like, really bad about spoiler tagging impressions lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I aint clicking those spoilers, but I'm totally ready to be depressed tomorrow

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's great and complete. Can get a bit story messy and drag in some bits but it's a fast read.
I started reading it, it is certainly a trip, that's for sure
Yes so you can see what kind of writer Fujimoto is and his philosophies.
Thanks for the input. I'll take a look next chance I get.

Fair point, but sometimes y'all take it too far lol
Ah yeah. Sorry about that. New to the thread and wasn't using my head when typing up my reaction.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Damn this is the only series I don't actively follow spoilers for yet I still get spoiled on other sites lmao, looking forward to the full chapter later

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I would assume this is a dream sequence, but since it's Chainsaw Man I'm guessing it isn't.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Um... can... can we not? Fuck

I want to say there's a catch here, but with Fujimoto I doubt it. I have to wonder how his editor reacted to him brazenly deciding to kill off the winner of the popularity poll like that.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fujimoto said in a recent interview that once the story is done then he is ready to go on to the next one since he has so many ideas. He is not the type to prolong the series or keep a character alive bc of a popularity poll.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK GODAMNIT

Weekly fuck Makima post. Her and her creepy dogs gotta go. The chapter itself was panelled very well, back half to the chapter was very tense.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Well....when Makima says she's gonna do something, you better fucking believe she's gonna do it. Fuck dude...

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Is Fire Punch worth reading? I've gotten mixed feedback elsewhere.
Fire Punch is bizarre. Read at your own risk. Definitely one of the weirdest things I've read.

And concerning this recent chapter... I don't even know what to say. Power was quintessential for CSM as a series. This hurts man.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Fujimoto has the biggest balls of any mangaka I've ever seen.

Power is literally the most popular character in the series, and he just nonchalantly BTFO (literally) her.

I'd hate to be the editor for Fujimoto. They undoubtedly have panic attacks.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Fujimoto has the biggest balls of any mangaka I've ever seen.

Power is literally the most popular character in the series, and he just nonchalantly BTFO (literally) her.

I'd hate to be the editor for Fujimoto. They undoubtedly have panic attacks.
The author and editor been through a lot together. He basically moulded Fujimoto into what he is right now. Fuji started submitting works at like 18 and has been working with the same editor ever since. That was almost 10 years ago.

RocketKiss

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denji with the cute face when he throws up the peace sign and thumbs up. Dude doesn't want to feel emotional pain anymore. Really good dialogue this chapter.

The Gustave Dore Paradise Lost illustration on the wall is a nice touch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Midramble

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
This REALLY better be leading somewhere because
basically the entire cast getting killed off for the sake of Denji is getting a little annoying

Also that picture on the wall is the very definition of heavy handed

You never know who is going to make it in Fujimoto's work. You never know who or what is going to end at any given point. Things change drastically in an instant, like it does in real life tragedy. I can definitely tell you though that this will lead somewhere solely from the fact that fuji's works really go places.

This hurt.

I have a feeling we are finally pivoting into the abstract. Now begins the emotional war to see who comes out of this with some peace.