• He just like me fr

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • My Chainsaw Academia

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017

I hate how you can probably make a deep analysis on how she's controlling all her followers through her pussy lol

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Makima would fit so well in a horror manga holy shit.

I see no shame on Chainsaw Man defeat, as he was defeated defending Kobeni, there's no loftier reason to bite the dust.

Also, seeing how this end, got me thinking this could be like Monster Inc. and they'll discover love and admiration gives 1000 times more power than fear lol.
Or you know, the global population will turn into chainsaw wielding psychos.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Makima would fit so well in a horror manga holy shit.

I see no shame on Chainsaw Man defeat, as he was defeated defending Kobeni, there's no loftier reason to bite the dust.

Also, seeing how this end, got me thinking this could be like Monster Inc. and they'll discover love and admiration gives 1000 times more power than fear lol.
Or you know, the global population will turn into chainsaw wielding psychos.

Lol, I can totally see that. They'll pull something like, you know which beings are and always have been superior to the devils? God and the angels. And they feed of off the love and prayers of the people.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Lol, I can totally see that. They'll pull something like, you know which beings are and always have been superior to the devils? God and the angels. And they feed of off the love and prayers of the people.
That seems too simple and optimistic for this manga though.

Also, I hardly think Makima is dragging as a villain; we're finally getting our payoff!

Also: One more thing: Isn't ODD that Kobeni forgot why she was dancing? I think that may have been foreshadowing something. Either ChainsawMan ate something specific, or there's some other memory erasing effect at play.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
EkfRst5XIAAKgzN

Oct 28, 2017
That seems too simple and optimistic for this manga though.

Also, I hardly think Makima is dragging as a villain; we're finally getting our payoff!

Also: One more thing: Isn't ODD that Kobeni forgot why she was dancing? I think that may have been foreshadowing something. Either ChainsawMan ate something specific, or there's some other memory erasing effect at play.
Now now, he might actually be on to something, heavenly eldritch abomination Chainsaw Man, I can dig it!

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did say a page or two ago that I believe devils are, in fact, fallen angels and their "fear empowerment" is a corruption of "worship empowerment". We know angels exist and it would make more sense that they were created to protect concepts rather than devils created to embody them, but if devils lose their memories when they're reborn then what if they lost their memories of being angels when they fell from Heaven?

It would be a pretty neat twist if Chainsaw Man actually got stronger because of his fans rather than weaker, as Makima expected him to. I don't know if angels will ever be a major part of the manga going forward but, even if / after Makima is defeated, the truth is Chainsaw Man is kinda horrifying. Any being that can erase concepts from existence, along with any memories of them, is terrifying. I can't think of anyone that wouldn't want to capture Denji to stop him accidentally destroying the whole world by eating the Water Devil, as an example.

Having the other three members of the Four Horsemen show up because they can't allow Denji to exist would be pretty cool for another arc.

Oct 28, 2017
I did say a page or two ago that I believe devils are, in fact, fallen angels and their "fear empowerment" is a corruption of "worship empowerment". We know angels exist and it would make more sense that they were created to protect concepts rather than devils created to embody them, but if devils lose their memories when they're reborn then what if they lost their memories of being angels when they fell from Heaven?

It would be a pretty neat twist if Chainsaw Man actually got stronger because of his fans rather than weaker, as Makima expected him to. I don't know if angels will ever be a major part of the manga going forward but, even if / after Makima is defeated, the truth is Chainsaw Man is kinda horrifying. Any being that can erase concepts from existence, along with any memories of them, is terrifying. I can't think of anyone that wouldn't want to capture Denji to stop him accidentally destroying the whole world by eating the Water Devil, as an example.

Having the other three members of the Four Horsemen show up because they can't allow Denji to exist would be pretty cool for another arc.
Adding on to that, it would be neat if Chainsaw Man was sent by God or is God either itself or in a Jesus like situation. I mean he apparently really embodies a hero for some reason and other than being a reality warper he's pretty chill I guess? It could be hilarious if next chapter he got some kind of angely/heavenly/godly aesthetic form either by itself, a combination, or some kind of twisted version and Makima not being happy this not a part of the plan obviously. He's growing/getting wings/will be able to fly next chapter damnit! Flying chainsaws because why not! Chainsaw Man could of ate the concept of what they where if it was one of things Makima mentioned or something else. Fujimoto's game is really on point, really hard to guess.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adding on to that, it would be neat if Chainsaw Man was sent by God or is God either itself or in a Jesus like situation. I mean he apparently really embodies a hero for some reason and other than being a reality warper he's pretty chill I guess? It could be hilarious if next chapter he got some kind of angely/heavenly/godly aesthetic form either by itself, a combination, or some kind of twisted version and Makima not being happy this not a part of the plan obviously. He's growing/getting wings/will be able to fly next chapter damnit! Flying chainsaws because why not!

I think Chainsaw Man is the Extermination Devil and was created specifically as a way to "correct" reality by excising bad or unnecessary concepts - like "God's Scissors", if you will. It makes sense, after all, that you'd need some way to get rid of concepts that are created or evolve naturally as well as those that are redundant or undesired. The Gun Devil won't have even existed until about seven hundred years ago, for example, and Makima mentioned devils for AIDS and Nazis that wouldn't have existed a hundred years ago. So clearly new devils are being born all the time and you'd definitely need some way to cull the ones that don't belong.

Now I'm not sure why several concepts Makima attributes the loss of to Chainsaw Man were actually erased, but it could simply be that they were collateral damage. We still don't really know how devil society works after all, only that Chainsaw Man helped devils that called for aid and killed everything nearby including the devil that wanted help.

Oct 28, 2017
I think Chainsaw Man is the Extermination Devil and was created specifically as a way to "correct" reality by excising bad or unnecessary concepts - like "God's Scissors", if you will. It makes sense, after all, that you'd need some way to get rid of concepts that are created or evolve naturally as well as those that are redundant or undesired. The Gun Devil won't have even existed until about seven hundred years ago, for example, and Makima mentioned devils for AIDS and Nazis that wouldn't have existed a hundred years ago. So clearly new devils are being born all the time and you'd definitely need some way to cull the ones that don't belong.

Now I'm not sure why several concepts Makima attributes the loss of to Chainsaw Man were actually erased, but it could simply be that they were collateral damage. We still don't really know how devil society works after all, only that Chainsaw Man helped devils that called for aid and killed everything nearby including the devil that wanted help.
Works for me it's interesting and does make sense and most importantly anything is possible with Fujimoto lol. It is certainly interesting that Chainsaw Man is very selective about what he eats almost like either higher purpose or sapient enough to understand the consequences of his power.

True, another idea is that the only true way for balance was for humans to have nothing but death as a possibility. Fujimoto really made a fascinating concept?

Oct 25, 2017
I am still freaking out at what a clever master plan this is. Make the people love Chainsaw man to weaken him? Top tier scheme right there.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting chapter. Fujimoto was not even remotely subtle with how he depicted Makima here. May as well have had a giant neon sign accompanying those chains.

The manipulation of fear vs adoration was fantastic, though. I really hope this is an in-roads to a deeper exploration of the relationship between humankind and devilkind. Funny enough, despite Makima being such an effective villain, I really want to see the other major devils whom she would (reluctantly) call her peers. I want to see what that crew is up to.

Oct 27, 2017
I just had a thought.

What if the plans backfire on Makima?

Chainsaw man is being gloryfied right now. He is becoming a hero to the humankind. What if that adoration turns into something else? People start praying to him and treating him as a god? You know where I am going with this...

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers are out
And Power is back

The chapter sounds whack and raises so many questions.

If Power lives on in her blood because Denji consumed it, does that mean all devils Pochita has consumed the blood of live inside of it? So is it possible it's not erasing the devils but imprisoning them?

Also, Power would have been under Makima's control because all the humans and devils at the Public Safety Devil Hunters are but she clearly isn't any more. Did Makima just decide she didn't need Power any more so that was that or is something else going on?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
The chapter sounds whack and raises so many questions.

If Power lives on in her blood because Denji consumed it, does that mean all devils Pochita has consumed the blood of live inside of it? So is it possible it's not erasing the devils but imprisoning them?

Also, Power would have been under Makima's control because all the humans and devils at the Public Safety Devil Hunters are but she clearly isn't any more. Did Makima just decide she didn't need Power any more so that was that or is something else going on?
Makima only controlled Power through fear, you can see it through Power's expression whenever she was around Makima, when Power's horns grow in size Makima would then drain Power of her blood meaning Makima was keeping Power weak and easy to control, Makima killed her only because she wanted to break Denji

The imprisoning Devils when eaten seems like a likely theory

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The chapter is out.
So Makima doesn't know what's going on, either, and she is not amused. 🤣

Last edited:

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Power is back. The manga really lost a lot of magic with her being gone so long

Oct 25, 2017
Power's back and she's got a new... ability. What, did you think I was going to say power?
That "Makima is trash!" line feels like Fujimoto is reading forums. Or the translator is.
I imagine she's not really giving in to Makima, but luring her into a false sense of security.
Hopefully we see more Pochita going forward. He's a good boy.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
POWER! YES! ....POWER! NO!

I can't even be mad, that was very much in-character for her lol

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love the expression on Pochita's face when Power tells it that Denji talks about it a lot. That was the happiest smile a little chainsaw dog has likely ever given.

I know Power is fickle but I don't think she's that bad. I'm also not sure she's smart enough to come up with a plan on the fly, but she is the Blood Devil and devils heal themselves by consuming blood. If anyone can instantly heal Chainsaw Man, it's her, then Makima would have to fight both Chainsaw Man and Power.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I don't get it. Did Power just betray Pochita/Denji?

I've found the last few chapters just very confusing and hard to follow. Especially the action scenes.

Deleted member 7051

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Did Power just betray Pochita/Denji?

I've found the last few chapters just very confusing and hard to follow. Especially the action scenes.

Power is very fickle and she's terrified of Makima, so this is totally something she would do. The question is whether or not she has an ulterior motive for getting so close to Makima. We didn't see the rest of the conversation between Pochita and Power so...

I'm leaning towards the idea that Pochita asked Power to do something very specific when she was revived and she's doing it, but not quite the way Pochita expected.