Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
This is to go even further beyond a domination fetish
SecretOrangeAnaconda-size_restricted.gif

Took his fetish to new heights. He can't even hold this form for long

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Leaked spoilers are out in the wild. Super revelatory chapter, but the most important thing, and hopefully this isn't considered a spoiler, the series is definitely NOT ending as soon as we were led to believe.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Leaked spoilers are out in the wild. Super revelatory chapter, but the most important thing, and hopefully this isn't considered a spoiler, the series is definitely NOT ending as soon as we were led to believe.
Welp going into a chainsaw blackout again till the full chapter is out.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Chapter 83

Kishibe finally came... Looking forward how that turns o- ah well forget it, Hell Devil was a fucking ONE SHOT

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Final shot is rad as hell.

Yeah I think if they take the long route Denji is going to join some sort of resistance against Makima? Seems like most of our devil friends still have a chance to getting back!

Also pre-emptive F for Kishibe.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like there is a heaven faction of some kind. Which is hinted at in chapter 82 when Makima goes to open the door and there is a painting on the wall of Lucifer falling by Gustave Dore. And Chapter 83 kind of confirms it with the names of the Angels https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_angels. Like Power correlates to the Powers hierarchy of angels. Beam would be a cherubim etc.

485px-Paradise_Lost_12.jpg

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
binged this all tonight

wow

this is the best SJ series since...one piece? Idk. this is a masterpiece. author is SO good at plotting and angling action scenes.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Chainsaw Man is definitely one of the best things to hit Jump in the past few years, but I wouldn't put it above quite a few Shounen hits like Haikyu and World Trigger.
Well those are very pretty different series, so I don't think it's fair to any of them to make it a competition.

Feb 1, 2018
Texas
Not surprising since the anime follows the manga down to the letter.

WT has the best team/group battles in Shounen.
Seriously though, I think Fujimoto deserves some praise here.

I can't think of a series that was *this* good with under 90 chapters.

There's emotional stakes and character development in CSM that you usually only see in other manga when they're in the 100s of chapters.

Makima especially. She's the best Jump villain since Aizen. She could honestly end up Dio or Griffith tier if Fujimoto sticks the landing.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
well, the guy I quoted said best SJ series and those are SJ series lol. Every series is different, doesn't mean they can't be compared.
That's true, I just think the strengths a series has resonate differently with different people. I can definitely see why someone might think CSM is the best thing Jump has had in a while looking at its particular strengths.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Chainsaw Man is definitely one of the best things to hit Jump in the past few years, but I wouldn't put it above quite a few Shounen hits like Haikyu and World Trigger.
I would put it easily above those two at least. But Chainsaw is trying something so radically different from regular shonen jump series that it's kind of in its own league.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I would not necessarily say Chainsaw Man is "the best" thing but rather "the most fresh" thing.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree that it is pretty fresh
But I also think World Trigger is pretty underrated in freshness factor too. Especially when you consider when it came out. But this is the CSM thread so I digress.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

This one never even had her name revealed. That's a bad habit Fujimoto has. There were characters in Fire Punch that never got named.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
I absolutely agree that Chainsaw Man is "fresh" rather than objectively the best. It's really good and really unique, but it's like punk rock, it's kind of a reaction to its context and environment. I honestly think that we like it so much because it breaks Shonen tropes and expectations.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely agree that Chainsaw Man is "fresh" rather than objectively the best. It's really good and really unique, but it's like punk rock, it's kind of a reaction to its context and environment. I honestly think that we like it so much because it breaks Shonen tropes and expectations.

I know I'm definitely wired that way lol

Not that it isn't great on its own merits, or in aspects like the panel work and characterization for characters like Denji and Makima. But I'm definitely getting a big kick out of how blatantly unorthodox it is first and foremost.

I can't think of a series that was *this* good with under 90 chapters.

Promised Neverland, until well, ya know...

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
I don't typically read straight forward shonen anymore. So Chainsaw Man, and by extension Fire Punch, feels like something that is written for people that are tired of generic battle shounen and want to experience something new.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think One Piece is very good, so I'd agree with Chainsaw man being better. I'd put a lot of series over it.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fun series that sometimes goes overboard with the gore but I was mostly ok with it. Some deaths were hard to swallow but I think they didnt hit me as hard as they did to almost everyone else
Makima tho, her plan is very twisted and i am glad I choose to read this week because the last chapter was somehow cathartic, but in a uncomfortable way

Best moment was sharknado.
Best boy is shark boy
Best fight was against Reze

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
A friend of mine read the chapter and wrote to me "Well the FUCK MAKIMA squad didn't waste time in showing up" and i chuckled pretty hard.

If we ever reach a new popularity poll, I am curious to see where she charts.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, the chapter isn't up yet. Please refrain from openly posting any spoilers.