• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie pushed Warren to run in 2016, no? Would be a weird thing to say

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It's almost like a certain class of people would benefit if Sanders and Warren camps would start to infight right around this time.

BUT NAH! The media is definitely unbiased when it comes to covering progressives and specifically Bernie and would never try to intentionally cast them in a negative light.

Our country is fucking doomed if people actually buy into this shit.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
CNN doesn't make up sources, get a grip.
I don't think this is so much about CNN making up sources so much as CNN having a history of being incredibly irresponsible with their reporting in order to stir shit up and maintain horse race drama.

For an example see their coverage of the last two weeks of the 2016 election, otherwise know as "HILLARY IS GOING TO JAIL!!!" and "HILLARY CHEATED BERNIE IN THE DEBATES!!!!"

Yeah, Warren's campaign has to clear this up now because people are going to interpret their silence as Bernie's guilt.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
There's a ton of faked screenshots from supposed Bernie canvassers calling Warren "Pocohontas", insulting voters, etc. Really not a good look for Team Warren.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
These types of stories just make me roll my eyes. Seems like a dumb attempt at a gotcha moment. The current president is a goblin of a human that spews hate at every opportunity and we give this kind of attention to some off hand comment that seems fairly ordinary.

Had anyone prior to Obama said "I don't think a black person can be president" we would have all thought that was a pretty fine thing to say. And furthermore, It's absolutely not the same as saying "I hope a black person/woman never becomes president" which I think this attention on the comment is trying to imply

Dec 31, 2017
Media is trying to play up the Bernie vs. Warren angle over contrived bullshit; first the memo, now this. Warren team needs to come out with an official response either way.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to say this thread was FAR more civil than I was expecting it to be.

Then I remembered the Cenk thing and how many people showed their asses over that and are still banned.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."

I can fully see this happening. I mean I even had these thoughts as Harris and Warren announced their runs. If Harris had won the primary and was up against Trump I truly worried about the hate and vitriol that would be getting hurled at her by the right because of her ethnicity and gender combined, it would be how they attacked Obama multiplied a hundred-fold. Trump is already hammering at Warren with the issues she had claiming Indigenous heritage. I am a Warren supporter, I would love to see her as the choice, but I can see the massive roadblocks she will have to get over that the right will be putting up if she wins the nomination.

EDIT: If this was ginned-up by the Warren campaign it would look really bad for her. I've stuck by her for most of this, but this is starting to verge into the destructive stories Clinton put out against Obama in the '08 primary. Which also gave the right the false talking point they trot out occasionally about how "Hillary created the Birther Movement!!!"

Last edited:

32X4LYF

alt account
Banned
Dec 25, 2019
Why the fuck would anyone left of the republicans would ever say that?
Nevermind Bernie.

It may surprise you to know that people "left of the republicans" aren't a monolithic Borg like entity. People are wildly complex creatures and their beliefs and feelings aren't tied to whatever their choice of governmental party is! Yes, acting shitty isn't just reserved for the Republican party. It is a crazy thought I know.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Team Warren getting dirty, no coincidence this is happening right before the debate as Bernie is surging in Iowa.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."

Going to go with this based on what we know at the moment. Anecdotal experiences show me the "I will never vote for a woman." mentality is far more widespread than you would think and I'm sure Bernie knows it.

Will wait to see more though.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This only helps Biden if it's used against Sanders or Warren.

See! I'm the only one that can bring this country together!

52club

Oct 27, 2017
Just because you say one can't win, isn't the same as saying one shouldn't win. Based on past results it is hard to argue this is going to change. I hope he is wrong, but I fear he is correct.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
These types of stories just make me roll my eyes. Seems like a dumb attempt at a gotcha moment. The current president is a goblin of a human that spews hate at every opportunity and we give this kind of attention to some off hand comment that seems fairly ordinary.

Had anyone prior to Obama said "I don't think a black person can be president" we would have all thought that was a pretty fine thing to say. And furthermore, It's absolutely not the same as saying "I hope a black person/woman never becomes president" which I think this attention on the comment is trying to imply
I'm pretty sure that a story did come out during the 2008 campaign that said the Clintons met with Obama and attempted to get him to divert his campaign to backing Hillary because "America isn't ready for a black president".

Although in hindsight they were right.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
It may surprise you to know that people "left of the republicans" aren't a monolithic Borg like entity. People are wildly complex creatures and their beliefs and feelings aren't tied to whatever their choice of governmental party is! Yes, acting shitty isn't just reserved for the Republican party. It is a crazy thought I know.
Have you ever listened to a thing Biden has said publicly?
Yeah, now that I think about it, it isn't as black and white as I thought.
Either way, I stand by my statement that Bernie didn't say that.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Warren is my #1 choice, but she really needs to comment on this directly. I have a hard time believing Bernie spoke as is characterised. I can see it being a distortion of some commentary on the subject, esp. in regards to the primaries. Democrats do have a sexism problem too. It's pretty clear from how quickly some have gone to seeing Clinton being a woman as the mistake last election, and how Buttigieg is the 2nd choice of Sanders' male supporters.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This is clearly from Warren herself after Bernie's volunteer script told his volunteers to attack her.

Have you not followed this at all while obsessively following it somehow.

I really have to question the motives of anyone who calls this an "attack"
EOFQ-ZSW4AIjXA8
It is incredibly disappointing how the Warren campaign and some of her supporters have reacted to this absolute non-story.

Oct 28, 2017
So since Jan 1st, the media has hit Bernie with baseless attacks on his medical records, super pac money, antisemitism (!!!) and now sexism?

All in 2 weeks? Am I getting everything? How scared are they?

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I'm pretty sure that a story did come out during the 2008 campaign that said the Clintons met with Obama and attempted to get him to divert his campaign to backing Hillary because "America isn't ready for a black president".

Although in hindsight they were right.

Decent America was ready for Obama, deplorable America was not. The Trumpkins can fuck off, don't let them dictate what is and isn't possible.

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who cares? He probably didn't say that, or if he did there was context like "a woman would have a tough time because parts of America aren't ready yet" which isn't inaccurate. This is a dumb distraction from beating Trump, focussing on the issues that need to change in America, and beating Trump.

Not a Bernie fan, I prefer Warren, but there's honestly no way this warrants any attention.

Skatterd

Oct 25, 2017
The Trump campaign/media really is calling its attention to Sanders, huh
Honestly this might start to have the opposite effect they want

Will wait to see what Warren says here

Status
Not open for further replies.