• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Now that Urban Meyer is retiring, what is his Legacy

• 3 time National Champion

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • 26-2 against Rival programs all time

• Winner of the first College Football Playoff

• Never Lost to Milk Steak

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • The Above choices are all wrong, it's Sad Pizza Party, and nothing else.

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
How much would Ohio State need to win by to have a real chance to pass Oklahoma for the #4 spot? Is it even possible?

Ohio State had a chance just by winning. All of those "but that loss" stuff doesn't make sense when you look at UCF. They're undefeated and practically never had a shot in the first place. Why? Because wins tip the scales, not losses.

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio State had a chance just by winning. All of those "but that loss" stuff doesn't make sense when you look at UCF. They're undefeated and practically never had a shot in the first place. Why? Because wins tip the scales, not losses.

Tell that to OSU last year, who also had a "that loss" against Iowa and didn't make it in.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Given that the major games kinda suck, this is my plug for the MWC Championship. Fresno @ Boise in the snow. Worth your time.

Nov 2, 2017
snow football you say?

what if Urb announces this is it for him. the committee will put them in to see one last matchup against Saban.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
snow football you say?

Screen_Shot_2018-12-01_at_10.01.32_PM.png

Snow football.

Tosu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sold on Ohio St having no chance. They have the worst loss but also the best win against Michigan who was the consensus 4th team before the game last week. The win at Penn St might be the 2nd best win between the two teams. Oklahoma's win at West Virginia being in contention as well.

Oklahoma also had struggles during the year against inferior teams. Army took them to OT in Norman. Beat Texas Tech by 5 who isn't bowl eligible. Beat Oklahoma St by 1, who is 6-6. Oklahoma's defense hasn't been great either. Gave up 40 to Kansas a few weeks ago.

I don't understand the argument that Oklahoma avenged their only loss. By that logic, the Ohio St resume would be better if they beat Purdue instead of a ranked Northwestern tonight.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sold on Ohio St having no chance. They have the worst loss but also the best win against Michigan who was the consensus 4th team before the game last week. The win at Penn St might be the 2nd best win between the two teams. Oklahoma's win at West Virginia being in contention as well.

Oklahoma also had struggles during the year against inferior teams. Army took them to OT in Norman. Beat Texas Tech by 5 who isn't bowl eligible. Beat Oklahoma St by 1, who is 6-6. Oklahoma's defense hasn't been great either. Gave up 40 to Kansas a few weeks ago.

I don't understand the argument that Oklahoma avenged their only loss. By that logic, the Ohio St resume would be better if they beat Purdue instead of a ranked Northwestern tonight.

All of this was true when the committee put OU ahead of OSU last week, it would be baffling for OSU to suddenly jump OU when they beat a higher ranked opponent than OSU did today.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Just a heads-up to everyone-

Playoff reveal is at 12:30 tomorrow. NY6 matchups are revealed at 3. ESPN is dragging it the fuck out. Rose and Sugar are set assuming Oklahoma is in the Playoff. Fiesta/Peach are the ones that are up in the air for at-larges. UCF is guaranteed a spot.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Ohio State wins, I don't think I'll ever have been so mad at them for being so inconsistent.

So much for "style" points. I hope we can just put any points on the board and win the game.

OP
OP
ryseing

ryseing

Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Ohio State losing would knock an SEC team out of the NY6 BTW.

There are three at-large spots up for grabs, and right now the assumption was LSU, Florida, and Michigan would receive them.

Status
Not open for further replies.