• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Some quick Conker: Live and Reloaded 4:3 Xbox One X - 1080p supersampled shots.

Game looks amazing!

5c540702-fbf5-41e1-9e17pq0.png

46c8ba22-51a1-4d95-b8htofy.png

cec536c3-87a5-40ef-b9twpvb.png

f586ee47-b410-4ce4-96xsrfr.png

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
played on the 360 this weekend, cannot wait to play it on the Xbox One, regular XB1 tho but enough to see improvement on image quality in my 1080p display, not that the game needs it because it has good Anti-Aliasing

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to give reloaded a try. Too bad it's not a 16:9 game but still will look and play better than the old 64 version.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The graphics. Everything is so crisp and clean. The smooth framerate. OH MY GOD I'M DYING OVER HERE.

I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS!

giphy.gif

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
I feel bad for not owning an OG Xbox back in the day. Didn't pick one up til around 2005 solely for Halo 2, then went straight to the 360.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm so excited to play this again, easily one of my favorite games from that generation. A bit disappointed about the lack of multiplayer (it was so good), but I'll take anything I can get.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I adore both this and the original, but I sorta wish we got a "definitive version" that had this game's graphics with the less censoring of the N64 version and the N64 multiplayer.

Still, I think if you enjoy the N64 version, the better controls make this worth ownin alone!

(Also, this is tempting me to get an Xbox One X, still got a launch one I got used a while back lol)

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
how often do the OG xbox games get discounted? I want this but I don't know if I want to spend 10€

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For devs perhaps.
Not for the general customer.
Just look at the gaming magazines from the time, there never was talk about framerate or resolution.

Queue someone to share that magazine article from the 90s applauding the games framerate.

Regardless of that, maybe the terms "framerate" and "resolution" weren't in the average consumer's vernacular, but rest assured that comments like "games are so much smoother & clearer on my PS2 vs my PS1" or "Perfect Dark is choppy without the expansion pak" were commonplace, which means exactly the same thing as saying it has a higher/lower framerate and resolution.

Resolution and framerate have been a concern for a long, long time though, particularly with PC gamers. I remember discussions from 20 years ago about how to tweak Half-Life 1 for maximum resolution and framerate. This is not a new thing.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
For devs perhaps.
Not for the general customer.
Just look at the gaming magazines from the time, there never was talk about framerate or resolution.

Maybe on in console specific print magazines but I distinctly remember Halo getting dunked on in at least one review in 2001 for being a 30fps game in comparison to Quake on PC.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gad damn. I can even make out the "Le Piss" newspaper lol

inspectah

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Queue someone to share that magazine article from the 90s applauding the games framerate.

Regardless of that, maybe the terms "framerate" and "resolution" weren't in the average consumer's vernacular, but rest assured that comments like "games are so much smoother & clearer on my PS2 vs my PS1" or "Perfect Dark is choppy without the expansion pak" were commonplace, which means exactly the same thing as saying it has a higher/lower framerate and resolution.

Resolution and framerate have been a concern for a long, long time though, particularly with PC gamers. I remember discussions from 20 years ago about how to tweak Half-Life 1 for maximum resolution and framerate. This is not a new thing.
Yes, there was some talk about it under less technical terms, but still nobody cared, which was my original point.
Not my friends who I played hundreds of hours of 4-player splitscreen of Goldeneye or Conker with, nor the gaming magazines I read during the time.
At least I can't remember any of them having choppiness as a negative in any of the Rare game reviews (and on the N64 they all had bad framerate).

PC is a whole different thing due to the nature of the platform and games always having options to tweak resolution etc. and PC centric magazines talking about it.

But I leave it at that, because this is getting pretty oft topic.

Last edited:

Beary Jams

Nov 5, 2017
Portland, OR
So is there any upscaling on the standard Xbone?

Also are there any of the same problems from the 360 emulation? I seemed to remember loading screens didn't display properly when you played on the 360.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
So is there any upscaling on the standard Xbone?

Also are there any of the same problems from the 360 emulation? I seemed to remember loading screens didn't display properly when you played on the 360.
Yes, it is 960p on Xbox One / S. Higher on XBO X

Also tonight, does anyone want to try Xlink Kai and see if we can get a game going? hahaha

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Nobody cared for FPS or resolution back in the day.
Hell, nobody cared during the 360/PS3 era either.
It started only this gen that suddenly everybody is so hooked on their FPSes and pixels.

But I agree that it's really hard to go back to N64 multiplayer today.

I dunno about that. My friend and I still dig out the N64 and play some multiplayer from time to time, including this game.