• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Just played a bit before getting ready for work but it's fucking solid... The joys of collecting those orbs never gets old

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Alright. After playing a bit more Wrecking Zone while my location wasn't New Zealand, here are my impressions:

There are two modes available: Agent Hunter and Territories.
Agent Hunter is a 5v5 kill confirmed mode. The traversal en destruction make this quite addictive and make for a fun multiplayer when played with evenly skilled people.
In Territories you need to gain as many territories as possible. Not a big fan of this one, they could've used the destruction in this in a better way. This mode gives campers an advantage. And with the lack of communication in teams it makes it very hard to defeat that in my opinion.

A huge negative for me in the multiplayer are the lack of decent matchmaking and the absurd amount of leavers. Most games I play don't end in 5v5. And the numbers really do matter.
This whole Wrecking Zone feels like a missed opportunity. It feels as if they've been barely able to finish it before launch. Only two gamemodes, only three maps. No intelligent matchmaking, no parties, no global leaderboards, no map vetos and (as far as I know) no communication possibilities besides voice chat.

And then there's the connection and the framerate. Yesterday I played and I had terrible lag problems. My first game today was great, the lag was greatly reduced and the amount of spikes I had too. But every game, in the test and in the full release is filled with giant framedrops for me. It happens 2 or 3 times per match where my framerate just drops to near zero for 2 seconds. And it's really frustrating in a chaotic multiplayer mode like this. The destruction doesn't seem to impact my system at all. That's a great plus and I'm really loving the destruction tech.

All in all I feel this should've been more complete. We don't know the stories behind the development of this mode, but I'd love to know. They've been able to get the destruction to work. And it really adds to the gameplay sometimes. But 80% of the time it's just a gimmick. Especially in matches where players are less skilled and are just walking around on the floor being clueless. Where are the gamemodes where we focus on destructibility? Where is capture the flag?

I hope they still have plans to do something with it.

If they had been able to build a couple of interesting gamemodes focused on arcade shenanigans and idiotic fun (sorry) then this mode would have been great for lan parties and party mode things.

You made some great tech. Do. Something. With. It.

6.5/10

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Alright. After playing a bit more Wrecking Zone while my location wasn't New Zealand, here are my impressions:

There are two modes available: Agent Hunter and Territories.
Agent Hunter is a 5v5 kill confirmed mode. The traversal en destruction make this quite addictive and make for a fun multiplayer when played with evenly skilled people.
In Territories you need to gain as many territories as possible. Not a big fan of this one, they could've used the destruction in this in a better way. This mode gives campers an advantage. And with the lack of communication in teams it makes it very hard to defeat that in my opinion.

A huge negative for me in the multiplayer are the lack of decent matchmaking and the absurd amount of leavers. Most games I play don't end in 5v5. And the numbers really do matter.
This whole Wrecking Zone feels like a missed opportunity. It feels as if they've been barely able to finish it before launch. Only two gamemodes, only three maps. No intelligent matchmaking, no parties, no global leaderboards, no map vetos and (as far as I know) no communication possibilities besides voice chat.

And then there's the connection and the framerate. Yesterday I played and I had terrible lag problems. My first game today was great, the lag was greatly reduced and the amount of spikes I had too. But every game, in the test and in the full release is filled with giant framedrops for me. It happens 2 or 3 times per match where my framerate just drops to near zero for 2 seconds. And it's really frustrating in a chaotic multiplayer mode like this. The destruction doesn't seem to impact my system at all. That's a great plus and I'm really loving the destruction tech.

All in all I feel this should've been more complete. We don't know the stories behind the development of this mode, but I'd love to know. They've been able to get the destruction to work. And it really adds to the gameplay sometimes. But 80% of the time it's just a gimmick. Especially in matches where players are less skilled and are just walking around on the floor being clueless. Where are the gamemodes where we focus on destructibility? Where is capture the flag?

I hope they still have plans to do something with it.

If they had been able to build a couple of interesting gamemodes focused on arcade shenanigans and idiotic fun (sorry) then this mode would have been great for lan parties and party mode things.

You made some great tech. Do. Something. With. It.

6.5/10

Sounds like an internet issue? Maybe the NZ servers?

I did notice some yank in the beginning, but the rest of my games were all pretty smooth. Even though my connection always says POOR. :-/

And I agree, too many drop halfway in matches. I don't understand? I think people don't know how to play and quit in frustration. I literally seen players camp in buildings and just play like a regular shooter.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Sounds like an internet issue? Maybe the NZ servers?

I did notice some yank in the beginning, but the rest of my games were all pretty smooth. Even though my connection always says POOR. :-/

And I agree, too many drop halfway in matches. I don't understand? I think people don't know how to play and quit in frustration. I literally seen players camp in buildings and just play like a regular shooter.

Yeah, today my experience is much better. Still have the same framedrops as in the tech demo tho. I thought it maybe was my system, but then I saw many people say the same thing.

Biggest problem (besides all the missing features) is the clueless people and the leavers. During the tech demo the people were more skilled and it gave a much better experience.

DotHair

Oct 29, 2017
UK
PSA : Anyone in the UK who does want the retail copy and needs a new controller should head to GAME....they are selling it with a new controller for £60....effectively that makes the retail copy £10 on the day of release :)

You could always do the deal and then sell the game back to CEX for £32 straight away....just saying.

SteelOak

Oct 28, 2017
Well I am just happy that I don't need to replay Crackdown 1 any more and have whole new town filled with ords to collect :)

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Difficulty at the second highest is the sweet point for me, anything under and its too faceroll, anything above too hard.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's killing me trying to find this final Hidden Orb in Westport
tenor.gif

Yeah, today my experience is much better. Still have the same framedrops as in the tech demo tho. I thought it maybe was my system, but then I saw many people say the same thing.

Biggest problem (besides all the missing features) is the clueless people and the leavers. During the tech demo the people were more skilled and it gave a much better experience.

I agree! With the game officially out today, I expect online to get better.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
In America, don't see it on Gamepass? What time do the stores refresh?

Edit: found it on the home screen and downloaded from there. Weird it wasn't listed in the Gamepass listing though.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Played a bit of campaign... TBH no idea why reviews are so bad, it is basically a 2019 version of the original game (I guess reviewers wanted more, but they keep giving crazy highs to AC games every year). It looks great and plays about the same. I am completely happy with it (except for the vehicles, those kinda suck). Graphics engine is great and colorful. Action is crazy and chaotic. This should be a 7-8 game from any gamer IMHO.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Played a bit of campaign... TBH no idea why reviews are so bad, it is basically a 2019 version of the original game (I guess reviewers wanted more, but they keep giving crazy highs to AC games every year). It looks great and plays about the same. I am completely happy with it (except for the vehicles, those kinda suck). Graphics engine is great and colorful. Action is crazy and chaotic. This should be a 7-8 game from any gamer IMHO.

The ~every year theres an AC rehash~ argument worked up to origins honestly. origins and odyssey are so vastly different from the rest that i wish people stopped commenting stuff like this just by inertia

the campaign is cool if you completely ignore vehicles and everything related to them. fuck races. fuck them with a passion. why are agility races so easy to gold but hit a car one single time (and you WILL hit a random spawning car) and kiss your gold goodbye? ughhhhhhhhhhh

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Took 3 hours to get every multiplayer achievement but Arms Dealer which is about an hour longer than it takes for the novelty of the mode to wear off (wouldve been less time but for some reason like 6-7 of my territories wins didnt count)

the Arms Dealer achievement sucks. Its a fun idea (get a kill with all 9 weapons) but in execution it turns you into deadweight playing a different game than everyone else. I have to avoid badges to prolong the match and lonewolf it because the game might award the kill to a closeby teammate who got a shot in instead of me. Theres barely enough time in a match where everyone else is playing normally to get the 9 kills (which to do optimally involves killing yourself with your explosives to get back to the loadout screen). Some of the explosives are a pain in the fucking ass to get kills with, and then you factor in sometimes kills just randomly dont count for no reason its just way too frustrating. Theres lots of weird shit that just adds to the frustration like the kill feed doesnt show up sometimes when you're dead so you have to rush back in to see if you actually got a counted kill the split second before you died, and if it did you need to kill yourself to swap loadouts losing time.

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi
Just curious if anyone else is experiencing hard crashes on Xbox one x???
Getting overheating warning upon reboot but the system is ice cold.. has happened both times after campaign intro right before I get control.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
accidentally uninstalled the game on PC and I have spent all day trying to get it back but it just fails to install at the end every time. I have tried so many damn things and have downloaded the game like 8 times.

Oct 27, 2017
Played for 4 hours (2 solo and 2 co-op) on Xbox One X at launch last night. Game looks/plays great and all-around was the most pure constant fun I've had in a game (especially in co-op) in a long time. If I had a negative and it's really not one as it is more a personal preference I've spent very little time in vehicles as I have too much fun traversing the game world on foot and causing chaos.

Going to play some on PC today at some point after getting a taste of Anthem.

Last edited:

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do feel like Wrecking Zone is phase 1 of a much bigger plan, and I agree with people it feels as if they've only recently formed game design around how destruction may work with CD traditional gameplay.

I'm expecting that same turn around SoT experienced 1 year later, also this game will definitely receive a Battle Royale varient.

Fortnite was horrendous upon release too if I remember correctly.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I played a couple of hours solo. I had fun, but I wish they had leaned harder into the self-referential "this is over the top bullsh1t, and we love it"

The first 5 minutes, with the "quack quack" line and one of the funniest thumbs up's i've seen in a game, are good. Then the game defaults back into generic "kill bad guys" story....in a very bland way.

I'll try and finish the game - interested to try the hardest mode with a pre-levelled up agent.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I think they need to add the ability to throw things on WZ. It simply feels weird not being able to,

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
i have never played a crackdown game before and having a lot of fun.

Between Terry Crews muttering Fuck Gravity and this in game announcer that sounds super cheesy in the best way possible I'm having fun with the campaign.

Also the super snappy lock on, though i was against it when first reading about it, feels great. The game is all about movement it feels like. I'm about to try the MO, it just finished downloading. Will be back soon with commentary on that.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I decided to start the game on Legendary difficulty...

Lol bad idea

Blizniak

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished it on hard. Its my first Crackdown so I don't have a frame of reference but I really liked it, sure it gets a little repetitive at times and ai is not great but the core gameplay is solid and fun.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Where are the new ideas and gameplay mechanics? Over 10 years on from Crackdown and all they added was a booster back and roll button? Feels like I'm playing a HD remaster of the original!

Could you pick things up and deflect bullets in the original? I found a square piece of metal and I picked it up and used it as a shield.

I'm enjoying the game so far I didn't even notice several hours had went by because I couldn't stop collecting those orbs.

rebelcrusader

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talking a out the issues in wrecking zone - have they ever said they are going to keep supporting this game like a sot? Seems that they are just firing it out and thats it.

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
Played 6 hours, almost all skills maxed out. Bored. There are no significant improvements from the first one for it to be worth playing this any more.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man oh man....that MP just made me want to play the SP some more to unlock more of the agents movement abilities. I can see why lock on is a must in MP. The matches would take way too long to complete with out it. The destruction was on point as well

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, really? I saw there was an achievement related to that. So I was going to just jump in on Legendary.

Its probably not bad after a few hours of grinding skills, but it seems like there's an enemy stronghold every couple hundred feet. Lol

Once I was climbing a sky scraper, minding my business going after orbs. I get halfway up (several hundred feet) and I'm surprised to see that there's a gang of juggernaut enforcers in a lobby area that I wasnt even expecting to exist (building designs are incredibly intricate). I get wasted in seconds.

This been my experience so far... See some orbs I want to collect. Learn that they are surrounded by high level enemies. Try to fight my way through anyway, get a hit squad called on me. Get surrounded. Die.

Echo, the voice in my ear, has started teasing me about it.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
PC version runs really well too on my 1070 at 1440p, but the hitches mentioned in the Digital Foundry video are definitely there, yet minor.

This is defintily texture loading, if I run around an area for a bit the studdering stops.
Otherwise I can do 1620p/locked 60 (on a 4k monitor) with everything on ultra on my vega 64 so it runs quite well :)