• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Hot damn! Cross saving for Destiny between PS4 and PC is all I've ever wanted. Please let it happen Sony.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sigh..
I was very excited about this, and then I read Sony may not be on board... again. so much for that Sony/Destiny partnership. Theyve made their version the most inferior.. again.
They're just shooting themselves in the foot. Not only are they annoying me and other owners who care, it's definitely impacting which console I'll get future games like this for, but if they want that "short term benefit" whatever that is here, go for it.

Hopefully it'll be announced they're fine with it tomorrow, but sadly wont be surprised if they're not. Sony just love getting bad PR over this stuff. Just so short sighted its unbelievable. They dont think people may buy the PS4 Destiny 2 version and DLC to get access to the exclusive stuff it had?

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they carry which version/expansions of Destiny 2 you have available with your save, especially if they want people to try out Stadia. Fortnite gave me StW on Xbox when I bought it on PC since it was tied to my account, hope Bungie does the same.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
if sony really dont allow cross save, this will be very embarassing, and it sucks so much. they really should start opening up to this more. i doubt it will affect their profit as much as they worry.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
If they cross save PS4 I'm jumping back into the game.

Jun 4, 2019
Sony doesn't care about Destiny. They're probably in the same boat as Activision — annoyed that Destiny never became as big as peak CoD. They won't play ball because they're salty after spending millions on fruitless exclusivity deals.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Question is if this is a one-time character transfer like GTA V used to do, or if it's full cross save where you can just jump between platforms whenever.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it already? I'm pretty sure everything is housed on your bungie.net account.

Accounts are saved per platfrom on Bungie servers which is why Cross save is possible. In fact I am sure it was always possible

Cross play is likely way tricker for how this game is built and likely would be more limited if not straight impossible

If there are barriers to cross save it would contractual and not technical

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they dont bring cross save to ps4, I'm jumping destiny ships to xbox/pc.
I bought D2 on PS4, but a lot of people I know play on PC. I've always wanted to play on PC, but I didn't want to play through the whole game twice. I really, really hope that they include PS4 in the cross save shit.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I never tried Destiny 2 on PC even though I really wanted to lol because of all the time I spent on my Xbox One version. This was something I hoped would happen for a long-ass time.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
in this thread alone we a have a good number of people ready to ditch Sony because of these shitty policies. you can't argue against them "trying to protect their brand" anymore, it will affect sales.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
in this thread alone we a have a good number of people ready to ditch Sony because of these shitty policies. you can't argue against them "trying to protect their brand" anymore, it will affect sales.

Imo publishers and devs need to push harder for it too - crossplay and cross saves will only help their games. There's only one company standing in the way

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did the marketing deal finally run out? I believe it was Sony Marketing specifically that forced the developer to stop implementing pro-consumer features like crossave, because they wanted all of the money.

Oct 25, 2017
Sony needs to get with the fucking times. I'm not gonna buy multiplat games on PlayStation if my shit is locked down to their ecosystem.

Third party publishers need to really pressure Sony on this. Cross progression encourages people to spend more on microtransactions and maybe even double dip on games if they know that shit goes wherever they go.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably get misconstrued as trying to defend Sony's horrible position of potentially not allowing cross save for Destiny, but I've gotta think the number of people that would threaten to jump ship and then actually follow through has gotta be pretty low.

That said, Sony, please allow this, I would love to jump between PS4 and PC seamlessly. I'd happily rebuy all DLC on PC if necessary.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Did the marketing deal finally run out? I believe it was Sony Marketing specifically that forced the developer to stop implementing pro-consumer features like crossave, because they wanted all of the money.

Marketing deal likely ends in September. The Sony exclusivity window for wrapons, strikes, etc is generally always a year.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Imo publishers and devs need to push harder for it too - crossplay and cross saves will only help their games. There's only one company standing in the way

I'm starting to think some devs/pubs actually took a stand against Sony here. they demanded cross-play and cross-save and Sony conceded, not wanting to miss out on the next CoD or hit franchise.

I wonder if that's how Dauntless was negotiated. either it supports cross-play or we skip your platform no matter how many ps4 units are out there.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I said it on the other thread but its suspicions playstation hasn't talked about destiny on Twitter in months.

Xbox on the other hand was tweeting destiny updates pretty regular as recently as the other day.

I think that deal might have died with Activision.

Last edited:

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I'll probably get misconstrued as trying to defend Sony's horrible position of potentially not allowing cross save for Destiny, but I've gotta think the number of people that would threaten to jump ship and then actually follow through has gotta be pretty low.

That said, Sony, please allow this, I would love to jump between PS4 and PC seamlessly. I'd happily rebuy all DLC on PC if necessary.

I don't think it would be an immediate effect - like I can't imagine everyone is going to go get a new copy of the game or console because of this. But over time if more and more games are Xbox/PC/Switch vs just PS4, I think people will start becoming a bit disillusioned with Sony's attitude

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
We had no new crucible maps or strikes in dlc this year because it would usually mean Sony having to get extra. This Septemeber will be the first time in 5 years? 6 years? That everyone will have the same.

1. Weapons
  2. Armor
  3. Crucible maps
  4. Strikes
The perfect time to bring it all together.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think some devs/pubs actually took a stand against Sony here. they demanded cross-play and cross-save and Sony conceded, not wanting to miss out on the next CoD or hit franchise.

I wonder if that's how Dauntless was negotiated. either it supports cross-play or we skip your platform no matter how many ps4 units are out there.
I think Dauntless only got it because they are really tight with Epic.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Sony continue to not support crossplay could seriously hurt them. Basically I've leaned more towards Sony and Nintendo as my desirable combo in the console space but if Xbox services is coming to Switch I'll already start reevaluating the value of that combo right then and there. The lack of crossplay will easily erode the appeal of 3rd party games on PS5.

Choosing between Sony 1st party + more affordable VR and Xbox 3rd party + better integration with PC could be the decision I have to make.

If xbox allowed PC mods to run on their platform after some vetting that would clinch it.

Nov 2, 2017
hard for me to see sony allowing cross play in CoD and not even allowing cross save for destiny, so yea i agree.

There's no confirmation that I've seen of Xbox/PS4 cross-play in CoD. The info released has talked about crossplay between console and PC, and a lot of talk has suggested it might be isolated where PC/PS4 and PC/Xbox both work but PS4/Xbox does not.

If that's the case, then CoD isn't breaking any ground, they could have done this years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.