• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
This would be the final nail in the coffin for me concerning third party titles. I still buy them on PS4, but I would stop and move to Xbox and PC if Sony blocks this in any way.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I said it on the other thread but its suspicions playstation hasn't talked about destiny on Twitter in months.

Xbox on the other hand was tweeting destiny updates pretty regular as recently as the other day.

I think that deal might have died with Activision.
That's a good eye! That Activision X Sony deal might be true too. We'll never know full details though...

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I said it on the other thread but its suspicions playstation hasn't talked about destiny on Twitter in months.

Xbox on the other hand was tweeting destiny updates pretty regular as recently as the other day.

I think that deal might have died with Activision.
Good spot...what if Bungie have left Activision...and will partner with MS!?

Like the Game of Thrones, you can never truly break the wheel...

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Destiny will finally come to other PC digital stores too.

Or if Stadia got dibs

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder if Destiny will finally come to other PC digital stores too.

Or if Stadia got dibs

I don't think Stadia will compete on the same terrain with Steam and Epic Game Store. I'd be surprised if developers who currently ship Windows games will stop in favor of Stadia (or other streaming services). Unless of course Google buys Bungie.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's no proof that Sony is blocking it espeically after two recent examples of games having cross play with Call of Duty and dauntless

Call of Duty is a new announcement, and Epic got their crossplay in because Sony couldn't say no to Fortnite. There is all the proof to suspect that the onus lies with Sony on this.

I expect Minecraft to become cross-play at some point, too. Once Sony gives up this struggle.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty is a new announcement, and Epic got their crossplay in because Sony couldn't say no to Fortnite. There is all the proof to suspect that the onus lies with Sony on this.

I expect Minecraft to become cross-play at some point, too. Once Sony gives up this struggle.
We will know tomorrow and if the PS4 isn't part of it than I will be calling them out on it as well but I don't see the point of posts claiming that sony is dropping the ball when it hasn't even been offically confirmed it's not on ps4 or not.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We will know tomorrow and if the PS4 isn't part of it than I will be calling them out on it as well but I don't see the point of posts claiming that sony is dropping the ball when it hasn't even been offically confirmed it's not on ps4 or not.

Sony has been dropping the ball on this issue for a few years now, we know this. They have made public statement as to their philosophy (protect the kids). It is fair to call them out on this.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
God I hope stadia works, I have good internet and great Wifi (google mesh set up). Would love to be able to turn my iPad into a destiny 2 machine.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has been dropping the ball on this issue for a few years now, we know this. They have made public statement as to their philosophy (protect the kids). It is fair to call them out on this.
I don't agree. I call them out when it's needed but right now if they allow it for cross save than those posts are going to look as silly as they always are. I'd rather wait and see.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope stadia works, I have good internet and great Wifi (google mesh set up). Would love to be able to turn my iPad into a destiny 2 machine.

Yeah, this announcement in concert with iOS adding native support for PS4/XB1 controllers is exciting.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Day 1 is going to be so crazy. It could be the brave new future almost immediately, or it could just be this auxiliary thing you recommend to your non-gamer friends to convince them to buy a "real" game system. I'm betting more on the former, but the implications of that are mindboggling.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Already got 4k 60 on my TV from my PC but still I like this future!
This is why I don't get how so many people are so against it. You laid out the perfect use case for Stadia. Wanna grab some quick loot? Wanna knock out a solo mission really quickly? Bust out any controller you have, plug it into your computer & go nuts. Or play on your phone in the cafeteria during lunch. And the fact that it's cross-save is icing on the cake because you don't have to fully commit to that one platform if you don't want to. It's just convenient.

EDIT: a word

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I don't get how so many people are so against it. You laid out the perfect use case for Stadia. Wanna grab some quick loot? Wanna knock out a solo mission really quickly? Bust out any controller you have, plug it into your computer & go nuts. Or play on your phone in the cafeteria during lunch. And the fact that it's cross-save is icing on the cake because you have to fully commit to that one platform if you don't want to. It's just convenient.

This is how I have viewed Stradia since the announcement. It makes sense as a between system for the hardcore and a main system for the casual audience and that is the perfect place for it.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This is how I have viewed Stradia since the announcement. It makes sense as a between system for the hardcore and a main system for the casual audience and that is the perfect place for it.

Imo it's even more than that. People are doomsaying about how it will work with datacaps and bad internet and stuff, but I have the opposite question: how does it work with totally solid internet? Because I generally have solid internet, so if the latency and video stream are good, then Stadia can potentially deliver visuals beyond a high end PC. And much more conveniently.

We could be talking about the end of console generations, and barely any justification for local hardware outside of exclusive players like Sony and Nintendo.

All this could potentially happen tomorrow.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamn, moving my character over to stadia and being able to play Destiny on my iPad while my wife is using the TV sounds fucking incredible.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Might actually play again if I can move my save from PS4 to PC. Hope Sony gets on board. Quit living in the past!

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I dont think Sony would be so stubborn to fuck with destiny cross play. I mean, I get that they paid a huge chunk. Not 500 mill I was being silly but it must have cost a fortune to lock down one year of money hats.

I think Sony will be onboard.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I really hope Sony is on board...but I'm not holding my breath. I might not use it myself, but I have a friend who plays on PC and PS4 and I'd want her to be able to go back and forth between the two. I hope that if MS gets marketing this time, that it's not as bad as PS exclusive or at the very least people treat it with the same attitude they seem to when it came to the PS exclusives. It doesn't seem right for either platform.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
"Give me the ability to easily leave your console ecosystem!"
Here's the thing, for me this isn't a way to get off the platform but rather expand the number of friends I play with. Even without direct cross-play, the ability to have cross-progression (which I'm guessing this is rather than a one time save transfer) allows me to have one account on two platforms in order to play with all my friends, rather than what I do now which is level up one platform in order to play with friends and then level up another platform after the fact and hope my friends there are still playing by the time I get around to leveling up that account.

If someone truly wanted to switch platform, they would. I don't think having an account locked to one platform isn't a huge reason for staying on that platform (especially since it takes about a week or two, in my experience, to catch up). I think friends is honestly a bigger reason for staying.

thebishop

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
"Give me the ability to easily leave your console ecosystem!"

Right, people forget that Sony used to be the progressive one on this. They used to allow private servers when XBL was P2P only. They were the first to allow games with user mods and keyboard/mouse input (UT3). They had PC cross-buy, cross-save, and cross play with Portal 2 on PS3. And they were supporting cross-play with PC long before Microsoft came around. Rocket League launched with PS4+PC cross play, and Microsoft were the holdouts. Fortnite BR launched with PS4+PC cross play, but Xbox couldn't play with PC (https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/ea-patch-notes-1-4).

It's good to criticize Sony now and push for more interoperability. I definitely want games to be as platform agnostic as possible. But don't act like time began in 2018. There's a longer history to this, and the market leader is usually the one resistant to openness.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
Not being able to transfer a potential character between my Xbox and PC is one of the reasons I never got into Destiny since I would have people I would play with on both platforms, so this is great news for me. When they make a "Complete" edition I will probably get it then.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that would be really interesting...I just thought it would be ironic if Bungie had spent years getting away from MS...only to throw themselves in with Activision...and then spend a couple of years getting away from them...to end up back with MS.

Google is the most random/interesting partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.