Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a date but the guy certainly thought it was: "You looked so pretty in that picture, I couldn't believe it was you."

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"Batman shouldn't have Robins."
303ae89f-8906-4a80-8515-d92573253b49.png

If only he'd kept his power ring.

Violet Wren

Oct 25, 2017
Before I met my wonderful wife I wound up dating a few people that just utterly destroyed my soul. The most memorable one would have to be the one that dumped me the day after the first night she asked me to stay over, citing her desire to not get into a serious relationship with someone at the moment (although we had been dating for over a month) and then immediately got into a relationship with some other guy. Another girl bailed on a date with the excuse that she just remembered she had to practice writing papers with her dad out of nowhere. The date was pretty much over at the time but still, people could stand to be a little more honest and tactful. It would have made the breakup stretched out over the subsequent 2 weeks a lot easier.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
No one ever destroyed my feelings on a first date, but there were a couple guys I was really into that dismissed me after we had sex for the first time. Of course that makes you think stuff about yourself.

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over 2 years and I forget that he is book smart. He enjoys entertainment but he's not as knowledgeable as me.

After Bowie died...."Who's David Bowie?"

Last week randomly watching The Shining.
"Who's this actor?"
"Its fucking Jack Nicholson."
"I am supposed to know who he is?"

Its a double edged sword when this happens I can tell him things these fun facts about entertainment. Sometimes when I just say it and expect him to know and I see the lost look in his eyes I'm like Goddamnit!

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over 2 years and I forget that he is book smart. He enjoys entertainment but he's not as knowledgeable as me.

After Bowie died...."Who's David Bowie?"

Last week randomly watching The Shining.
"Who's this actor?"
"Its fucking Jack Nicholson."
"I am supposed to know who he is?"

Its a double edged sword when this happens I can tell him things these fun facts about entertainment. Sometimes when I just say it and expect him to know and I see the lost look in his eyes I'm like Goddamnit!

It is the same with me. I had to teach my gay boyfriend who Cher is lol

I try to be respectful thought, since he is very intelligent and this lack of knowledge is there for a reason (his family is very poor and he didn't have access to many forms of entertainment growing up, especially non-brazilian stuff), and most times he is willing to listen and learn what I have to share. I feel like I have my own world and he has his, and that keeps things interesting because we are always learning new things from each other.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her: "All statistics are bullshit"

Me (internally): "Uhhhh. What?"

To be fair, she has a point. I got a degree in ISDS and at least 70% of statistics are smartly spinned/worded to be misleading, especially anything relating to politics. It's not hard to catch if you focus on the source findings instead of a Fox or CNN article.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Met up with a now-ex at a fair once and her first comment upon seeing me was "Wow, you look normal!" (because I usually dress in bellbottoms or something, idfk)

Couple years later I'm in a tattoo parlor getting my nipples pierced and she happens to be there for some reason... looks me straight in the eye in the middle of the lobby and asks very loudly "Did we date or were we just talking?"

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Getting the "we need to talk. Let's meet tomorrow" text, and then her not answering my calls. I was fucking wrecked that whole evening and had to leave work early the next day because I couldn't even think straight.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Had a girl once say to me, "I think all people should ONLY date within their race." Even though she was Hispanic and I was black. I guess so her that was an exception?

I had sex with her because she was attractive and I never contacted her again after that.

Archer

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All of these were asked to me by multiple first dates in Vancouver during my single days from 2010-2016.

"How much money do you make?"

"What neighborhood do you live. Oh wow, do you own there?"

"How many rental properties do you have?"

"That's how it works. We go out, you always pay and you get to fuck me. But I dont do oral." (She liked to face sit tho.)

"Wow, you've seen a lot of countries. Will you take me to a few?"

When walking thru Gastown..."Oh wow, I love that hat. Will you get it for me? We will remember our first date from it."

"Men are supposed to pay for the woman and the family, and the woman keeps her paycheck to look pretty and for her own things."

I can go on and on. I dated white, Persian, Chinese, Indian, Latina, etc. These were educated women who were attractive but 6-7 at best.

The mindset of women in Vancouver is absurd. What a shithole it is.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
All of these were asked to me by multiple first dates in Vancouver during my single days from 2010-2016.

When walking thru Gastown..."Oh wow, I love that hat. Will you get it for me? We will remember our first date from it."

"Men are supposed to pay for the woman and the family, and the woman keeps her paycheck to look pretty and for her own things."

I can go on and on. I dated white, Persian, Chinese, Indian, Latina, etc. These were educated women who were attractive but 7-8 at best.

Fuck this city, and may it be razed to the ground.
Lol god that's horrible

"That's how it works. We go out, you always pay and you get to fuck me. But I dont do oral." (She liked to face sit tho.)
tenor.gif

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I can go on and on. I dated white, Persian, Chinese, Indian, Latina, etc. These were educated women who were attractive but 6-7 at best.

God damn lol.

UMadCuzUBad

Banned for having an alt account
Oct 30, 2017
Ohh, I was going to meet with a woman from OkCupid at a restaurant for dinner. I saw her and walked up to greet her and said my name. She was like "...what?" Confused, I said my name again and how were supposed to me. She looks at me dumbstruck and says my name and i'm like "Yeah that's me." and showed her our chat. She goes pale and says "Oh my god, im so sorry, I thought I was meeting a white guy with the same name." Things are awkward now and I ask if she still wants to get dinner and she's like "I'm sorry, I only date white guys." and leaves.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017

Holy shit.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this thread isbrutal.

I've had some iffy first dates but at worst, they're just polite until the end and I never hear from them again. Some of these would make me go live in the woods alone for the next few years.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
College stories

"I wish he would stop calling so much."
Me: who? *thinking it's her dad checking in on her*
"My boyfriend."

Another woman

*talking about why it didn't work out with the last guy who took her to a concert"
"I can't date someone into that stuff. I don't listen to n****r music."

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
"Ive never seen star wars"
*Then when watching Star Wars shes trying to hook up, like nah girl sit down and watch
"It was boring"
A girl I dated told me she never saw Star Wars on our first date.

We watched ANH at her place on our second date, and a couple of other dates were ESJ and RotJ.

We are getting married in April.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't like you, I just like talking to you."

That hurt. That's objectification right there. Because that person only appreciated me for the intellectual value I provided them, instead of appreciating me as a person.