• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will Days Gone do on Metacritic/Opencritic?

• 95 or above

Votes: 17 0.8%
  • 91-95

Votes: 43 1.9%
  • 86-90

Votes: 364 16.2%
  • 81-85

Votes: 1,045 46.5%
  • 76-80

Votes: 563 25.0%
  • 75 or below

Votes: 217 9.6%

• Total voters

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
Got a bet going with a friend that this will score less than 80.

I'm ready for the chaos.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

weebro

Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Bloodborne was literally co-developed by Sony Japan Studios.

Edit: in response to the discussion on the first page.

Last edited:

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
80-85

It will be the first entry so it will show some rough edges for sure.

Day 1 for me as it exudes a vibe I dig.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So what were some of the general impressions+criticisms for this from the preview event? I'm interested based on the variety of all the dynamic encounters system but a bit wary when a bunch here are predicting low 80s.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
So reviews getting review copies pretty early I guess to give them enough time to go though the game since its suppose to be 30 hours just on the golden path.

So what were some of the general impressions+criticisms for this from the preview event? I'm interested based on the variety of all the dynamic encounters system but a bit wary when a bunch here are predicting low 80s.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/days-gone-preview-thread.103674/

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is the type of game that will cause meltdowns if it reviews badly. I mean, has it built up a decent following?

Imagine Last of Us 2 scoring a 75. That would break this forum.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I picked 81-85 mainly based on what I played.

The game feels pretty solid to play. But I'm not sure how much what I played represents the final game or how that experience stretches out to 10/15/20 hours or more.

But the game felt really good to play. Gameplay/gunpay wise. So based on that combined with having all the other elements that reviewers love, it should score well.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah...after just finishing RDR2, i dont know if im prepared to take anorher big open world

Lets ser how it will review

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Lol Jesus. People need to stop associating embargo dates with quality. There is no pattern whatsoever. Only certain Sony games have had early embargo drops.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
No clue! My guess was high 70s, I could see it juuuust missing that 80. But who knows. I certainly hope it surprises me and comes out swinging, the game looks solid as hell. But "solid" has always seemed like the best way to describe it, I've never been able to find that little something that pushes it over the edge into "holy shit this looks amazing!" territory. But that's just me, clearly a lot of folks here are stoked for it, and that's great.

Gilver

Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Costa Rica
Even if the game gets a 95 on metacritic and sells 10 mil copies in the year I will still criticize Sony and Bend for doing such a derivative game in a landscape where they have the power to make anything else without having to worry if it will sell badly since they have such an inherent marketing advantage in the industry.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Below 75 on this one because I'm a realist.

If it does above 85 I'll be glad and might dip in to pick up a copy.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I've been interested in this from the moment it was revealed, with the awesome looking horde gameplay. I'm hoping the graphics and especially gameplay in the final product match that initial showing (was it E3 2016?)

If it accomplishes that, along with an enjoyable cast and story, this game will be truly great. At minimum it looks to be an 80+ metacritic/opencritic score if i were to guess

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I'm not particularly excited but just because I'm not a fan of zombies, and the biker angle is not for me. But I still think it will be good and perform decently (something like an 85). I might get it, because there's not a whole lot coming out to compete.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You didn't read enough of them.

Kotaku
IGN
Gamespot

It sounds like an absolutely fine game, a very solid core. But words like generic, trope-y, and formulaic pop up often enough to keep it from reaching a super high metacritic score imo.
And that is fine. Not every game needs to shatter the mold, break the glass ceiling, redefine the genre. Sometimes we need just solid games that check the boxes. If the narrative and gameplay are serviceable it should work. Spider-Man didn't do anything new but it had a great story.

gadwin

Nov 1, 2017
Preordered and very hyped but this game has always screamed low to middle 70s to me. Just seem like one of those games that was easy to shit on since it was revealed, and the press mostly haven't really showed any different behavior.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

Era on point with the majority vote. The game's going to surprise a lot of people. I have that crow gif ready to use.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting 71-74. Just don't get a good impression from this game. Would genuinely love to be wrong, though.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I am a bit worried that all the non-stealth zombie action I've seen of this game seemingly invokes the player running toward the camera while the hoarde chases him around Benny Hill style.