kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Seems like the port has terrible low mixing on the voices as well as dropped sounds.

That would make it the worst port next to the PC version as hearing the voices is integral to the experience.

The original and BC 360 is still the best. Bad performance, but everything else works.

Followed by the PS3 version. Worse performance, but the sound mix works.
Yeah, it's a shame that each new version just seems to get worse. Honestly, regardless of the technical problems, I'd still prefer the Xbox 360 original, as the changes in the narrative style made for the Director's Cut really ruin things for me. Also, while I can understand the gripes people had with the controls in the original, I honestly dislike the Director's Cut control scheme even more.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
official game website:
http://www.toybox-games.jp/dp2/
featuring a new teaser stating it's only on Switch:

Vader-nooooo.jpg

teraMEL0S

Oct 27, 2017
This is amazing. I was not expecting this news whatsoever. I am so excited Swery is behind this!

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the port has terrible low mixing on the voices as well as dropped sounds.

That would make it the worst port next to the PC version as hearing the voices is integral to the experience.

The original and BC 360 is still the best. Bad performance, but everything else works.

Followed by the PS3 version. Worse performance, but the sound mix works.
God the fucking PC version lol

Skrams

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Yeah wow, I almost wish we got that teaser instead in the direct. That's way for the fans and I love it.

God I'm so fucking excited for this.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Switch only is disappointing, but Swery needs to pace himself. I guess going for every platform all at once was too much to ask. Hope it comes out well.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
You know what? Fuck it I'm in--Matt and Liam's enthusiasm is infectious.

Not too sure about playing the original though--how jank would you guys say it is?

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017
The port seems decent until you get to the open world/driving part. The framerate seems really bad when driving.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
The one bummer about this otherwise greatest-ever announcement is that it's a different composer.

Still. STILL, goddamn... What a day.

Worth noting, though, that SWERY's co-writer Kenji Goda is also back, so it's the EXACT same writing team.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Shouldn't a mod add that the Trailer Said Switch only so folks know? Just so know one gets disappointed or they can at least know with out needing to find a trailer mid thread.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya'll wanting better performance are so damn misguided

I want the Switch port to be actively worse to continue the PS3 versions tradition

I want a broken unplayable game tgat still somehow works

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Swery: I'm having trouble getting my games made, I might take a break

Also Swery: I'm putting three games out in a year

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i still

what the fuck

I recall playing the original Nier and Deadly Premonition 1 pretty close together and I would have NEVER thought either of those jank ass games that I dug a lot would have ever gotten a fucking followup. It's crazy.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone school me on this?

With this amount of hype (especially as a Switch exclusive) this is sounding like a Bayonetta 2 sequel type situation.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Okay yeah the audio in my game completely cuts out from time to time, seemingly randomly. Loading a save didn't even work. It just cuts out at times and randomly comes back.

Pretty annoying but the game is absolutely amazing so far (in that it's terrible and hilarious).

Typographenia

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Ive never played the original. What can i expect in terms of gameplay,story?
Story is basically Twin Peaks with japanese sensibilities.

Gameplay is a third person shooter/action game where you alternate between exploring a world filled with tasks and some collectibles and third person shooting against creepies. It's not the strongest game, but its charm and characters are so good.

It will definitely not be for everyone, but if you're willing to take a chance on an oddball game, it could win you over.

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Story is basically Twin Peaks with japanese sensibilities.

Gameplay is a third person shooter/action game where you alternate between exploring a world filled with tasks and some collectibles and third person shooting against creepies. It's not the strongest game, but its charm and characters are so good.

It will definitely not be for everyone, but if you're willing to take a chance on an oddball game, it could win you over.
Aight. Thanks, Ill give it a shot then.