• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying Death Stranding, after seeing all the trailers, and gameplay footage so far?

• Yes

Votes: 1,923 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 905 25.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 814 22.6%
  • Waiting for the PC version

Votes: 67 1.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Lannisters1798
Apr 27, 2018

New Aki Saito Need To Know: "Looks like I got away."

I'm guessing this is running away from either the soldiers that we see in Trailer 2, or the Chiral creatures.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I popped along this morning. I guess I had bigger expectations as it was tiny and not much to show apart from t-shirts with the Koji Pro logo and Ludens stuff, was hoping for more Death Stranding. Oh, and the only games playable at the festival was Fifa. Bloody fantastic. :P
I went yesterday. And made a complete floopy clown-shoes out of myself. (Ugggh, so embarrassing)

When i'm not feeling so tired. I'll post the story here.

EDIT. Ohh, and apparently the big man was there also. But i didn't see him.
Has anyone bought a shirt from the KojiPro store? I really want to get the Fragile Express shirt but not sure about the size measurements. Like are they standard US sizes or are they JPN sizes?!!
I got two tshirts yesterday at the expo.

One was the Expo exclusive T (The Brand of the T they used is, B&C Inspire) And i found the measurements for you.

These are in CM.

Chest.
S. 47
M. 50
L. 53
XL. 56
2XL. 59
3XL. 62

Length.
S. 70
M. 72
L. 74
XL. 76
2XL. 78
3XL. 80

The second T i bought was the shiny silver Kojipro logo one. It's also B&C (i think) but it's slighty different (a little larger fit) Sorry i couldn't find the measurements.

I'm a 43" chest. And i had to get an XL for both. Buuuut, as i mentioned the Silver one is slightly bigger on me.

So i couldn't be more helpful to you.

Last edited:

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Looks like whatever construction or event is happening in that building on 4/22, and since it's 4/14 it means it's not ready yet. Nothing to read into here, and I hope people don't read into it further than that.
I don't know, sounds like a convoluted way to explain the phrase "not ready yet". I have a very strong gut feeling that he means Death Stranding isn't ready at this exact moment but will be on the 22nd of April and we're getting a world wide shadow drop.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
looking at Sam's photo, which i would assume is his wife and daughter

are we thinking Sam is ex-military here?

88gcuit.jpg

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
So Sam has some combat experience then, so would know how to work a gun being an ex-marine

but he isn't a special forces super soldier like say Snake

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Unless Kojima was lying or there was some sort of mistranslation, Sam has no military background.

He provided some details about Sam as a character: 'Some might have already picked up on this, but Sam is unlike any other hero you may have seen in games before. A typical hero is usually some sort of elite or someone with a military background. Sam is not. He is a working man of sorts — a hands-on professional. Someone with a skillset akin to a blue-collar worker. This is something you'll intuitively understand once you play the game and control Sam. Herein lies our challenge, to create both a new form of gameplay and a hero that has never been done before.'

https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=32037

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018

88gcuit.jpg
I don't think that's his wife in the back. She seems too old and the way she's posed in the picture it's not typical of how you'd take a picture with your spouse. I think she's the President. I do think the women/girl who's face is concealed is his daughter though, she seems young enough.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's his wife in the back. She seems too old and the way she's posed in the picture it's not typical of how you'd take a picture with your spouse. I think she's the President. I do think the women/girl who's face is concealed is his daughter though, she seems young enough.
Left lady looks pregnant.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Left lady looks pregnant.
Wellllll. If you believe the 4Chan leak (And it appears i'm the only one) Then
That lady is pregnant with Norman's baby (throat baby in the container) and is Lea Seydoux character, who is also your rival in the game. There's more stuff to it, but i can't remember

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

88gcuit.jpg

The wife is the pregnant one and she is Léa Seydoux. The old woman in the background is Lindsey Wagner. She seems to be some high politician person that Sam worked for. Things may have caused amneisa or stuff like that since Sam probably doesn't recognize neither her nor his wife. Timefall seems also to have the reverse effects on Lindsay Wagner who gets younger in the game events compared to her in that photo.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The wife is the pregnant one and she is Léa Seydoux. The old woman in the background is Lindsey Wagner. She seems to be some high politician person that Sam worked for. Things may have caused amneisa or stuff like that since Sam probably doesn't recognize neither her nor his wife. Timefall seems also to have the reverse effects on Lindsay Wagner who gets younger in the game events compared to her in that photo.
I said all that ☹️ (except for the Lindsey Wagner bit)

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If it will be a cross gen game It does set its release date somewhere in 2020 since it was already confirmed that we wont hear about the PS5 this year

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
If it will be a cross gen game It does set its release date somewhere in 2020 since it was already confirmed that we wont hear about the PS5 this year

I can imagine this year is Days Gone, Dreams (Obviously), Last of Us Part 2. With Tsushima and Death Stranding being cross gen next year.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I hoping they're hinting at a PS4 release initially and then a PS5 release a few months later. That would make sense to me. If it is an outright simultaneous release on both PS4/PS5 than that's a pretty dishonest piece of marketing by Sony/KojimPro for the past ~ 3 years.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
I hoping they're hinting at a PS4 release initially and then a PS5 release a few months later. That would make sense to me. If it is an outright simultaneous release on both PS4/PS5 than that's a pretty dishonest piece of marketing by Sony/KojimPro for the past ~ 3 years.

How? I do think what you described first is what will happen, but how is a cross gen release dishonest in any way whatsoever? It is coming for ps4 exactly as advertised except that it will also be on ps5. Its a win-win for everyone.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
How? I do think what you described first is what will happen, but how is a cross gen release dishonest in any way whatsoever? It is coming for ps4 exactly as advertised except that it will also be on ps5. Its a win-win for everyone.
It's dishonest because it was advertised as a "Playstation 4 Exclusive" whenever they've shown it/talk about it in an official capacity. If it's simultaneous launch on both PS4 and PS5 then that's a lie. It's not "exactly as advertised ".

Not to mentions Kojima's numerous comments about playing and tweaking it on PS4 everyday. If it is a simultaneous launch on both PS4 and PS5 then I highly doubt Kojima is playing it on the PS4 as apposed to the PS5 devkit.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I feel like you are getting hung up about a technicality. They were definitely not gonna say "Oh, and also next-gen consoles" when they hadn't even announced said console.

Not just that, they are gonna want to attract more people to the new console who were previous owners of other consoles. Not all 100% owners of the PS5 are going to be previous owners of the PS4.

Now, if you're really that bothered that a giant corporation lied about exclusivity, I dunno what to tell you. Bigger fish to fry and all that.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
It would be dishonest if they only released a PS5 version. You aren't losing anything with them having a simultaneous release.
You do losing something because one will clearly be the inferior version, the PS4 version. The version they've been advertising for the past 3 years. The version they repeatedly said was "Playstation 4 Exclusive" on every advert they've put out for the game.

Games sell systems. Not sure how people don't understand that. People will have bought a PS4 on the basis that they were going to play the best version of Death Stranding on release on PS4. As Sony repeatedly advertised. That would no longer be true with a PS5 simultaneous release. Said consumer might have waited till PS5 launched if all these facts had been presented.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
It's dishonest because it was advertised as a "Playstation 4 Exclusive" whenever they've shown it/talk about it in an official capacity. If it's simultaneous launch on both PS4 and PS5 then that's a lie. It's not "exactly as advertised ".

Not to mentions Kojima's numerous comments about playing and tweaking it on PS4 everyday. If it is a simultaneous launch on both PS4 and PS5 then I highly doubt Kojima is playing it on the PS4 as apposed to the PS5 devkit.

It is still a playstation exclusive, and even so how is that a NEGATIVE? It being on ps5 as well is not something to be upset about, it is literally backwards logic. Also DS is a ps4 game at its core even if its coming to ps5. He has been working on it for a few years you don't just rebuild the game for ps5. The ps5 upgrades will probably be modest and true next gen games will look much better. It will most likely implement ray tracing and a frame rate boost alongside some texture upgrades.

You have 0 reason to be upset at that news, it makes you look rediculous.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
?? Actually it would be much better for everyone, just release a single bluray for the game which is compatible with both PS4 and PS5, by doing this you can play the game on your PS4 or if you purchase a PS5 you can play an enhanced version of it here.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
You do losing something because one will clearly be the inferior version, the PS4 version. The version they've been advertising for the past 3 years. The version they repeatedly said was "Playstation 4 Exclusive" on every advert they've put out for the game.

Games sell systems. Not sure how people don't understand that. People will have bought a PS4 on the basis that they were going to play the best version of Death Stranding on release on PS4. As Sony repeatedly advertised. That would no longer be true with a PS5 simultaneous release. Said consumer might have waited till PS5 launched if all these facts had been presented.
Sure, games sell systems. Sony will probably use DS as a way to sell PS5's, by saying it is the superior version.

If you're bothered by that, it's understandable, but then again, welcome to Capitalism.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I feel like you are getting hung up about a technicality. They were definitely not gonna say "Oh, and also next-gen consoles" when they hadn't even announced said console.

Not just that, they are gonna want to attract more people to the new console who were previous owners of other consoles. Not all 100% owners of the PS5 are going to be previous owners of the PS4.

Now, if you're really that bothered that a giant corporation lied about exclusivity, I dunno what to tell you. Bigger fish to fry and all that.
Seems you're pretty offended about me expressing a simple opinion I have. I'm not going to burn Sony to the ground and kill Kojima over it. I'm just expressing something I personally feel in a fairly innocuous manner. Am I not allowed to simple say that statement "Playstation 4 Exclusive" would be a lie if it also launched at the same time on PS5? It's a fact.

A lot of people on here take brand loyalty pretty personal, it's very strange. Always trying to shut down any form of criticism regardless of how insanely minor it is.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018

What are you on about, even if it wasn't launched on ps5, ps5 would eventually be able to play it thus making that version superior. Your upset because the ps4 version will look inferior to the ps5 version but that will be the case for literally every single game on ps4. The game will look exactly how it was shown off on ps4, you are getting what you have seen. Being salty that a game will have a ps5 version is so childish. Also people who bought a ps4 before the game came out can STILL PLAY THE GAME. Buying a console at the end of its lifecycle always comes with the fact that you may be buying what will soon be previous gen technology. It doesnt undermine the purchase whatsoever because death stranding is a ps4 game at its core and even Kojimas instagram pics always have a ps4 controller for playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.