• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
More than likely CG and done by Kyle Cooper.

Not much for impressions. Interesting point about the controls screen that someone pointed out is how they're listed as basic and a couple of the D-pad controls are hidden or not used...

Edit: man 4chan is confusing for me lol I have no idea who is posting and who is legit. Someone is saying Zendaya is in the game, which I doubt lol, and then another is going off about how big of a game changer it is.

Zendaya thing might be real....lol
Who the heck is that?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Who the heck is that?

1920px-Zendaya_-_2019_by_Glenn_Francis.jpg

Apparently is a NPC who needs your help finding her sister.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I like the idea that a major gameplay mechanic gets introduced around Chapter 3 which would explain why those under embargo aren't allowed to talk about it

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Mads was playable tbh, maybe it's related to Hades/The Other Side

I seen someone who got an early review copy say it's somewhat like MGS 2 levels of twists so maybe

🤔

Also Plastica Man might of gotten his wish lmao

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want to see the boss fights.

I hope we see some cool boss fights like MGS1-MGS4.

MGSV boss fights were terrible(f* Sahelanthropus)

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Man, I'm convinced Likes actually play a major role in this game. Looking at these screenshots, it's in all facets of the game, from making deliveries to exploring the world and communicating with others players...

No joke, Kojima said that likes are just 'unconditional love' in this game and not a sort of currency but it feels like misdirection. If not a currency, maybe it plays a major role in the story somehow? Could the like mechanic be the thing that they're trying to keep underwraps? Maybe during or after Chapter 3 it becomes something else entirely, something that flips the whole game on its head. Who knows lol, just spitballing at this point, but it has to have some sort of purpose, right?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Not much for impressions. Interesting point about the controls screen that someone pointed out is how they're listed as basic and a couple of the D-pad controls are hidden or not used...
The 2 missing D-pad options are probably just hidden until tools and the 4th option are opened up (which I'm guessing is for constructing things).

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A guy on 4chan is saying the game asks to input your birthday.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Guess there's something special again for your birthday? In the beginning the game asks you to input your birth date.

Side point looking at those screens and remembering the Briefing trailer, we'll get to witness the void out and destruction of Central Knot City in the beginning.

Oct 26, 2017
Guess there's something special again for your birthday? In the beginning the game asks you to input your birth date.

Side point looking at those screens and remembering the Briefing trailer, we'll get to witness the void out and destruction of Central Knot City in the beginning.

Ohh, yeah I just saw the destination on that package.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
It's little things like that and being able to move the camera during cutscenes that reminds me this is a Kojima game, it's been so long since MGSV man, I missed these little details.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So from that same thread, the dude who said the game is 33 hours on normal difficulty also said that Lisa is the first stillmother and Cliff's wife. The UCA used Lisa as the first stillmother (presumably against her permission) which caused Cliff to go insane. Ties in nicely with the whole "Cliff isn't a villain" that Mads and Kojima keep talking about. Really tragic backstory too and makes Cliff a sympathetic character.

In that TGS Day 2 video, Cliff says "Cheers to you and Lisa ---> Kanpai Lisa Desu, Kimi Ni", he's probably talking to BB here. Honestly nothing here is surprising but these cutscenes are meant to be the memories of Sam's BB right? That you unlock over the course of the game?

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There's a guy saying the game goes permanent 1st person mode on chapter 3. Crazy if true.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There's a guy saying the game goes permanent 1st person mode on chapter 3. Crazy if true.
Seems like BS, lol. Remember that 4chan is anonymous, anyone can post whatever and make themselves seem as if they're a leaker. I'd probably take the posts without any sort of screenshot with a grain of salt. I stitched all the stuff of note posted so far by the guy posting the screenshots. Very interesting that the game's first trailer happens so early (loads of people thought that was an end-game thing) though it makes perfect sense. The bit where Sam is drowning in the TGS 2017 trailer probably leads into the first trailer where he's on the beach.

9mj130p.png

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Thread got 404'd rip, glad I stitched his post before though lol.

Guess that's it for tonight. Wonder if the dude's gonna post in another thread (though it's been almost 2 hours since he posted anything).

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Thread got 404'd rip, glad I stitched his post before though lol.

Guess that's it for tonight. Wonder if the dude's gonna post in another thread (though it's been almost 2 hours since he posted anything).
No because they were taking shit without permission when the leaker wanted privacy (for good reason) and got barred.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yall just made me go out and get a ps4 pro again. So is the stuff about not having to carry the bb arounjd after the third chapter real?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
yall just made me go out and get a ps4 pro again. So is the stuff about not having to carry the bb arounjd after the third chapter real?
Nah not confirmed. After the news that Chapter 3 is embargoed even after reviews, some dude on 4chan came up with this BS rumor which people were corroborating on Reddit.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah not confirmed. After the news that Chapter 3 is embargoed even after reviews, some dude on 4chan came up with this BS rumor which people were corroborating on Reddit.

ah okay i mean to be honest id rather just not have to worry about that mechanic and the baby crying would really annoy me i feel like

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
>finish the game but not post how you found the game.

Why so useless?

Someone on 4chan claimed shipments came in at their GameStop but were told by their boss obviously that should anyone think about opening the shipments they'll be out of a job. There was also a reddit post about copies in Mexico but I never dig into it.

Either way the leaker was streaming for a private discord and a handful of friends but one of them made the info and snaps public and he got spooked.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone on 4chan claimed shipments came in at their GameStop but were told by their boss obviously that should anyone think about opening the shipments they'll be out of a job. There was also a reddit post about copies in Mexico but I never dig into it.
You know, I'm not surprised they would be that serious about this one.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I like the idea that a major gameplay mechanic gets introduced around Chapter 3 which would explain why those under embargo aren't allowed to talk about it

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Mads was playable tbh, maybe it's related to Hades/The Other Side

He has a black hole gun so he must be playable somehow to release those.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Are those gold items that come with the various pre-orders better than standard gear or cosmetic-only?

Yes they improve skills for sure but we don't know if the golden version are just cosmetics or they really are an advanced version of the items. The official description of the game says:

· Gold "Ludens Mask" Sunglasses (In-Game Item)*

· Gold Power Skeleton (In-Game Item*) – Enhances ability to handle heavy cargo

· Gold All-Terrain Skeleton (In-Game Item*) – Enhances ability to remain upright when traversing uneven surfaces

· Gold Armor Plate (Lv. 2) (In-Game Item*) – Protects from falls, gunfire, and other damage

But someone here claims they are just cosmetics.

We don't know for sure and I asked this question a logn time ago. One thing is certain that is you won't be able to get such pre-order items after launch and even if you redeem codes offering them after a long period, they won't work since Sony did this for all their games (except Spider-Man) and neevr offered such items later or sold them separately

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know for sure and I asked this question a logn time ago. One thing is certain that is you won't be able to get such pre-order items after launch and even if you redeem codes offering them after a long period, they won't work since Sony did this for all their games (except Spider-Man) and neevr offered such items later or sold them separately
If they're just cosmetics, I don't even care. But I hate when they give you actual advantageous equipment when you pay extra.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
So to clarify

• Deadman is a Chiral Researcher and seems to be trapped on the 'other side', communicates to the living like Sam through a hologram like we saw in his spotlight trailer
  • The Death Stranding event (mass explosions) occurs in the middle of the United States which lines up perfectly with everything we've seen since so far since the middle of the US is completely fucking annihilated on the Chiral Network Map

• bebaazdiogh31.png
  • People are wary of the UCA and don't understand their true intentions (lines up with Kojima's interview where he mentioned that some people in the world don't trust the UCA, and feel they're too invasive with their Chiral Network)
  • Cliff was a Chiral Researcher who applied (invented?) the "BB link" (I think this just means being able to plug your Odradek into the BB Pod so you can see BTs)
  • Sam has some memories of a 'girl' (could it be that woman in the picture?!) (doesn't seem to be Amelie)
  • lvyb716civ311.jpg
  • Cliff has a fucking son! Who could this be? 🤔

I wonder if we get to travel through the center and make it out the other side

Apr 27, 2018
One of the beginning licensed songs in Death Stranding according to a YouTube commenter.

And if we ever break these walls down

It's easier said than done

Would I be crazy enough to follow?

Or let the regret eat me up

'Cause I know my way out

I run, I run

Well, there is no way out

I'm stuck, I'm fucked

In a cage, on a hill, that's where I'll rot

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

I mean, 100% there'll be a baby born on your birthday.

Last edited: