• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...lc-involves-aggressive-debugging/#more-537261

According to this there are 3 new strikes (4 on PS4) with Warmind. I also like that piece of concept art in the first picture there although I'm not sure it has anything to do with this expansion (first time I've seen it though).

I think it's 3, with 2 on PC/Xbone and 3 on PS4. Official site listing for Warmind only shows two https://www.destinythegame.com/expansion2, with Playstation talking about the exclusive strike https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/24/destiny-2-warmind-expands-bungies-shooter-on-may-8/ which has a different name than the two on Destiny's site. I don't see there being four unless it's like a remaster of an old D1 strike, wouldn't mind that though.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's 3, with 2 on PC/Xbone and 3 on PS4. Official site listing for Warmind only shows two https://www.destinythegame.com/expansion2, with Playstation talking about the exclusive strike https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/24/destiny-2-warmind-expands-bungies-shooter-on-may-8/ which has a different name than the two on Destiny's site. I don't see there being four unless it's like a remaster of an old D1 strike, wouldn't mind that though.

I would definitely tend to believe the official Bungie site as it seems RPS had it wrong. I wasn't expecting 3 new ones and was a bit surprised by it. That concept art (maybe it's not concept art as I can't tell for sure considering it is so small) is seemingly related to the Strange Terrain Strike boss.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should buy a PS4 again after my launch unit died last year?

I just play on PC anyway.

That is if I play.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...lc-involves-aggressive-debugging/#more-537261

According to this there are 3 new strikes (4 on PS4) with Warmind. I also like that piece of concept art in the first picture there although I'm not sure it has anything to do with this expansion (first time I've seen it though).
Nice! 3 new Strikes is better than I expected honestly, figured we'd only get two.

Edit: RIP I should have read the next page, well, 2 is ok I guess. Depends on how much variety the heroic strike modifiers end up adding.

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
The PVP matches in the stream looked like a lot of fun and I had a pretty good time in the last Iron Banner, enough that it was finally bearable to grind out the chest ornament. So, I'm starting to have some hope that D2 PVP is on the right track.

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
I know that I'm unlikely to get Redrix's Claymore as I'll probably spend my time solo queuing and well, I'm not that good at PvP. But I'm going to give it a try. The worst that will happen is that I don't get a weapon, and since I never got a Doctrine or Blind Perdition in D1 and still managed to get by, I think I'll be fine.

I will have to start doing Nightfalls, Raids and Trials though.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Map of the new Mars area.
79iwLSB.png

Guardian shooting one of the new "Data" collectibles
Destiny-2_2018_04-24-18_028.jpg

Deleted member 21186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course. Destiny as a franchise is content starved. This is nothing new, and Bungie clearly made it on purpose.

I think it is very content starved. I'm not a game developer so this might be an unfair comparison but I recently went back and player The Witcher 3 DLC and it's huge, then I play my way through every new Destiny update and it just seems so little for a studio such as Bungie, it just doesn't make sense to me.

OP
OP
JohnOfMars

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
ezgif-3-de2f9ed614.gif

TFW you're getting buffed:
kNSqwtk.jpg

[last finger on the monkey's paw curl's up]
gsjGV7A.jpg

Welp, I used my one chance to get something fixed in Destiny 2 to get more ammo for Fighting Lion. #worthit
GG4bKSP.png

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
ezgif-3-de2f9ed614.gif

TFW you're getting buffed:
kNSqwtk.jpg

[last finger on the monkey's paw curl's up]
gsjGV7A.jpg

Welp, I used my one chance to get something fixed in Destiny 2 to get more ammo for Fighting Lion. #worthit
GG4bKSP.png

Fighting Lion is already a damn decent PVP weapon in the right hands and the buff just makes using it as intended even easier

PVP might start getting pretty crazy if people choose to leverage the various exotic playstyles

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I making stuff up, or does the new location look really bad?

I mean graphically.

Looks like D1 on 360 or something, no?

Vicarious Visions having trouble with Bungie´s tools or something?

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Bungie has a solution for solo competitive play otherwise it will be like trials nonstop.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA

I mean graphically.

Didn't get that at all from the stream.

D1 on 360 looks pretty bad compared to modern games.

IIRC the footage that youtubers captured was from PlayStation? So you aren't gonna see the same quality graphics as we have on PC/Xbox one x.

I hope Bungie has a solution for solo competitive play otherwise it will be like trials nonstop.
Comp does have SBMM so it's already a good deal better than trials in terms of providing fair games (plus with more people in the list now that there's a reward and the dlc playlist has been deleted, SBMM will work better).

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So what is that, two strikes now that people on PC and Xbox won't get until September? As you said, in a game starved for content, this is unacceptable. I wonder if LFG or these bullshit exclusives came up at the summit.

Or Bungie could just knock this anti- consumer garbage off.

The other issue to remember is Bungie may not honor the "Until Fall 2018" exclusivity for that content. Didn't they do some thing similar in Destiny 1 where they extended the exclusivity by another 12 months with some PS4 stuff? I wanna say it was Zen Meteor and one of the Venus strikes...

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get that at all from the stream.

D1 on 360 looks pretty bad compared to modern games.

IIRC the footage that youtubers captured was from PlayStation? So you aren't gonna see the same quality graphics as we have on PC/Xbox one x.

Comp does have SBMM so it's already a good deal better than trials in terms of providing fair games (plus with more people in the list now that there's a reward and the dlc playlist has been deleted, SBMM will work better).

They also said that there will be some info for solo players in the TWAB.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Collectables on mars patrol? Nice. The claymore might be the most toxic grind ever. I will give it a shot though. If youre good at trials carries I guarantee you will find lots of clients wanting the claymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Collectables on mars patrol? Nice. The claymore might be the most toxic grind ever. I will give it a shot though. If youre good at trials carries I guarantee you will find lots of clients wanting the claymore.

Is it something that can be carried tho? I took it as simply building glory up over a decent period of time in the competitive Playlist. But I had only caught a short vid on it. But the notion was that it'll simply take time pending ones performance

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The other issue to remember is Bungie may not honor the "Until Fall 2018" exclusivity for that content. Didn't they do some thing similar in Destiny 1 where they extended the exclusivity by another 12 months with some PS4 stuff? I wanna say it was Zen Meteor and one of the Venus strikes...
Yes, there was a chunk of content that took 2 years to arrive on Xbox and it arrived about two months after D2 was released.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Is it something that can be carried tho? I took it as simply building glory up over a decent period of time in the competitive Playlist. But I had only caught a short vid on it. But the notion was that it'll simply take time pending ones performance

Polygon stated that it's a ladder, so you gain points for a win, lose points on a loss. It's definitely possible to ladder grind but it's not a system like, say, IB ranks used to work.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
People who do trials carries most likely do recovs and play with their good friends. We will see though.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Yea that's how I assumed it'd be, I guess running with a set group will most likely be the way to go. But it'd be nice if they had a group and solo queue for it

Really depends on how PvP shakes out with all the exotic changes in the mix. Solo queues might be pointless if solo fighting is still less viable than grouping.

And for that Claymore a set pre-made absolutely is the only way. Higher ranks will 100% be full pre-mades.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
the criteria for earning Redrix's Claymore is reaching Fabled rank. To do that, you must win matches in the Competitive Crucible playlist.

hmm, if it is rank based drop/reward fu(k everything.

I'm sorry ya'll I'll only play solo in the comp queue that's skill based and let you all grind it out. I'm sick of being a $hitty PvP player and getting stuck playing all 1.00 to 2.00+ k/d players always....

Is the new focus on Trials and PvP and attempt to make the streamers happy to get more clicks/views?

Last edited:

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
As a mostly solo player I'm not too hopeful about my prospects in competitive, but Bungie seem to be hinting at something to help us loners in TWAB.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I mean graphically.

I know what you mean then again Mars has always been the most unpleasant looking of the locations. That horrible orange tint.

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
As a mostly solo player I'm not too hopeful about my prospects in competitive, but Bungie seem to be hinting at something to help us loners in TWAB.

Hate to say it but at the rate Bungie moves it'll most likely be a short one or two sentence blurb about how they're "working on it". We likely won't see any meaningful solo vs. stacked fireteam changes until the September update. I'd love to be wrong though.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I really really don't want to be sucked into the hype again. They really need to make this DLC worth it or I'm done with Destiny for good. Bungie need to prove to me they actually give a shit about their fanbase and their game. We getting a new raid location in this DLC or is it back on that damn cabal ship again

If you are even 1% negative on playing vanilla D2, then you should just ignore everything you see and hear about the game until after the September expansion is released. Nothing will make it worth it for you before then.

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I wonder if they will que solo players together somehow?

I dunno... they are kind of hamstrung with matchmaking if the population isnt healthy enough ya know?
The issue is that how do you do a 3 person team in the competitive playlist if you don't match solos against 4-stacks? I guess they could do like some games (Splatoon does this IIRC) and only allow 1, 2, and 4 person team sizes in Comp.

Despite the noise on Reddit & elsewhere about solos vs fireteams i personally haven't found this to be a major problem in my skill bracket in quickplay due to a lot of fireteams just being friends playing together casually. I'd be curious if the actual stats show that a 4 stack typically beats other team comps at the same level of SBMM in comp matchmaking, or if there are actually just as many wins against premade fireteams that don't get reported on Reddit.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
The issue is that how do you do a 3 person team in the competitive playlist if you don't match solos against 4-stacks? I guess they could do like some games (Splatoon does this IIRC) and only allow 1, 2, and 4 person team sizes in Comp.

Despite the noise on Reddit & elsewhere about solos vs fireteams i personally haven't found this to be a major problem in my skill bracket in quickplay due to a lot of fireteams just being friends playing together casually. I'd be curious if the actual stats show that a 4 stack typically beats other team comps at the same level of SBMM in comp matchmaking, or if there are actually just as many wins against premade fireteams that don't get reported on Reddit.

I've always wondered how they determine their SBMM when you are squaded up. Does it always go by the strongest players stats or an average of the party? It's definitely not based on the party leader..

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Another bungie crucible guy commenting on the solo vs fireteam stuff

I've always wondered how they determine their SBMM when you are squaded up. Does it always go by the strongest players stats or an average of the party? It's definitely not based on the party leader..
I'd assume it's an average of the party. I think that's how almost all SBMM systems in games work. It's hard to tell in destiny right now without visible ranks but I think you see it working like that in halo.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I'd assume it's an average of the party. I think that's how almost all SBMM systems in games work. It's hard to tell in destiny right now without visible ranks but I think you see it working like that in halo.

So that's why everyone wants me to party with them, hmmm....... : \

Seriously, there is such a huge difference in my play when I play with clanmates that are much stronger (I always go negative against much stronger players) than when I play in the comp solo Queue against other Noobs where I usually finish 1st or 2nd with one of the highest scores...... I wish I could fix that inconsistency in my play......